lets forget the non football and think off the football side (1 Viewer)

Benkilby1

Who would u want to get rid of this season and who would u bring in. My team next season

Gk:joe m
Rb: j clarke
Cb: personly we need 2 new cb dont know who to bring in
Lb: b adams
Rm: christie. I think he should bé given a chance in this position as he is very good going forward
Cdm: jennings
Lm : baker
Cam: fleck
Cam: moussa
St: clarke. (4,5,1)

covcity4life

============murphy==============
christie===????======????======adams
===========barton==============
=======fleck===================
baker=======????=============bell(yeh i said it)
=========l clarke===============

???= new signings

other squad members i would keep=moussa,edge,thomas,c wilson

ccfc92

can someone summarise :

who has definitely been released (first team wise) :

those who are end of contract :

and those who are under contract and likely to stay:

skybluejack10

cameron, mcsheffrey, jeffers, wood, elliot, philliskirk, cameron stewart have all been released and leon lobjoit (the supposed super star) has left

skybluejack10

we signed stewart half way through the season and signed him on a short term contract, as did philliskirk
elliot shouldn't have gone nor wood but they both have wages that sisu can't pay probably and elliot isn't a key player

ccfc92

we signed stewart half way through the season and signed him on a short term contract, as did philliskirk
elliot shouldn't have gone nor wood but they both have wages that sisu can't pay probably and elliot isn't a key player

yeahh agreed with all of that. how long did we sign dickinson for?

Joy Division

Unfortunately David Bell is still pretending to be a professional footballer at our club

Did okay in the last few games from what I remember, although actual football seems like a long time ago.

The Optimist

List of good free transfer players:

Ross Turnball (Chelsea)
Lee Camp (Norwich)
Paul Connolly (Leeds)
Gonzalo Jara (Nottingham Forest)
Daniel Butterfield (Southampton)
Nick Shorey (Reading)
Ian Harte (Reading)
Elliot Ward (Norwich)
Titus Bramble (Wigan)
Patrick Kisnorbo (Leeds)
Jay Tabb (Reading)
Julio Acra (Middelsbourgh)
Keith Fahey (Birmingham)
Gary Taylor Fletcher (Blackpool)
Stephen Hunt (Reading)
Jerome Thomas (West Brom)
Simon Church (Reading)
John Stead (Derby)
David Healy

Cranfield Sky Blue

Ross Turnball (Chelsea)
Lee Camp (Norwich)
Paul Connolly (Leeds)
Nick Shorey (Reading)
Ian Harte (Reading)
Elliot Ward (Norwich)
Titus Bramble (Wigan)
Patrick Kisnorbo (Leeds)
Jay Tabb (Reading)
Keith Fahey (Birmingham)
Stephen Hunt (Reading)
Simon Church (Reading)
John Stead (Derby)
David Healy

And how many of them could a Division 3 side in administration afford?

RoboCCFC90

cameron, mcsheffrey, jeffers, wood, elliot, philliskirk, cameron stewart have all been released and leon lobjoit (the supposed super star) has left

Sheffers hasn't been released yet, he still has another year left to run on his contract. Lobjoit was only on loan allegedly.

RoboCCFC90

Ross Turnball (Chelsea)
Lee Camp (Norwich)
Paul Connolly (Leeds)
Nick Shorey (Reading)
Ian Harte (Reading)
Elliot Ward (Norwich)
Titus Bramble (Wigan)
Patrick Kisnorbo (Leeds)
Jay Tabb (Reading)
Keith Fahey (Birmingham)
Stephen Hunt (Reading)
Simon Church (Reading)
John Stead (Derby)
David Healy

We couldn't sign any of those players mate..

Murphy
Christie Willis Edge Adams
Baker Jennings Fleck Moussa
Clarke McDonald

So assuming we start under an embargo with Dim Tim still in charge it will be a very long season.

Need at least 2 x Centre Backs 1 x Centre Mid 1 x Left Mid & 2 strikers to compete where we should be, but that won't even be on SISU's radar.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Keith Fahey. Now there's a player I rate. Although lack of recent football would probably mean he end up like a Freddy Eastwood and take the length of his contract just to try and get fit.

I'm worried about our defence next season. With Woody leaving, I can't see Edge, Willis doing a good enough job to fight for promotion.

Malaga and McDonald will be told to find new clubs I expect.

Bell, to be fair to him, looked like a decent player when he appeared towards the end of the season. Just need to make sure we use him in the right position. Not that I'm sure what that is. CAM I'd probably guess at.

Dunn should also be allowed to go. Surely there's better back up keepers out there. Ideally the young lad who went to Nuneaton (his name has escaped me with all this off field talk......) would be our number two, but I think loan games will do him good in te longer term, as Murphy, unless sold, will always be our number one, while we're in league one anyway

stupot07

Agreed SW, I would also worry about our midfield great when on top but poor when they haven't got the ball.

I'm expecting someone to come in for Christie too, although i like clarke, baker just doesn't look the same player when playing in front of him.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Agreed SW, I would also worry about our midfield great when on top but poor when they haven't got the ball.

I'm expecting someone to come in for Christie too, although i like clarke, baker just doesn't look the same player when playing in front of him.

Unless we get taken over, I can see Christie going. And probably on the cheap.

We have so many midfielders at the club, it's silly. But then you look at the quality, and how inconsistent they are, I imagine some will need to move on before we move more in.

At least with Bailey going back to Derby, we're one less inconsistent midfielder down.

Jennings didn't exactly set the world alight. Baker, well he's a trier. Sometimes tries too hard, making him get greedy in his eagerness to net a goal. But I'd rather him do that than just slouch around the pitch ala Sheff.

Barton, not sure we used him as much as we could have last year. Definitely a confidence player. But likes tooth time on the ball and in League One, time isn't something you get.

Sheff, well I hope he goes. Paid off, brought by someone, I don't care which. If SISU want to do something worthwhile while getting the club further into debt (with their own company) then paying him off will be a good piece of business IMO.

Bell, as stated above can be an asset in this league IMO. If he can stay fit.

Thomas, unfortunately for him I think he's a bit over rated. If we keep hold of him, which we probably will (Pressley seems to rate him), I hope he proves me wrong.

Moussa, another who is too inconsistent. If he can perform on a more regular basis we will do well to keep hold of him, an I would see him chipping in with a few goals next season.

Daniels, not really sure what Pressley or Thorn (who persisted with him at the start of the season) see in him. One to go I say.

Users who are viewing this thread