Liam Kitching (2 Viewers)

SHUNT31

From those clips youd be forgiven for thinking we've signed him as a striker. Any clips of him defending?
Thought the same! It’s never convincing when you sign a defender and the only highlights are of them scoring.

He does offer another option though. Loves to bomb forward with a run through the middle. Thomas loves to get forward too.

Covcraig@bury

Right let’s get 💯 behind him , he plays for City , sky blue and white ( and a bit of darker blue ) .
welcome Liam and all the best 💥

Deity

The first time Robins puts Lati CDM instead of using Kelly will be a telling moment for Kelly

slowpoke

He’s got to displace Lati first. He’s not walking into the team right now.
Yes he will. My guess is Lati will move forward into the CDM roll, with our wing backs playing a high game it could work well.
Despite negatives on here by the usual subjects Kitching is a serious good player, we have four out and out CBs now & can play our preferred back three or a flat back four.

SleepyGinger

Yes he will. My guess is Lati will move forward into the CDM roll, with our wing backs playing a high game it could work well.
Despite negatives on here by the usual subjects Kitching is a serious good player, we have four out and out CBs now & can play our preferred back three or a flat back four.
I think Lati CDM would be absolutely last resort

TomRad85

I think Lati CDM would be absolutely last resort
Yeh absolutely, the question is whether he's a long term replacement for Fadz or whether he'll just be a handy utility player constantly in the squad but not starting much. That's up to him I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

slowpoke

I would imagine after a few months in, Thomas moves into the centre, Lati switches to the right CB and Kitching into his natural left CB position.

Don't expect it to happen straight away though.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
What about Binks, watched him mid-week and admittedly Charlton were a young team but he looked the part, good on the ball, did a superb cross field 50 yard pass right onto our players toe and even scored a couple. I can see an eventual backline of Binks, Kitching, Thomas with Lati in front of them.

Hobo

He’s been our best player this season. If anyone thinks we are better without him in our team they are wrong. We virtually collapse when he’s not in the team.

He is not going to go on for ever. Stoke ripped him apart last season and there were signs last season and this that his lack of pace is starting to tell (goal Swansea away, not the main fault but a contributing factor).

He is still great in box defending balls coming in. But by getting players in before he is done, we are potentially avoiding the Hamer chorus "whose replacing him scenario.". It's the old Liverpool way, buy before you need and bed them in.

hamertime

He is not going to go on for ever. Stoke ripped him apart last season and there were signs last season and this that his lack of pace is starting to tell (goal Swansea away, not the main fault but a contributing factor).

He is still great in box defending balls coming in. But by getting players in before he is done, we are potentially avoiding the Hamer chorus "whose replacing him scenario.". It's the old Liverpool way, buy before you need and bed them in.
I get he won’t go on forever but he’s now the best he’s ever been. Everyone has a bad game in a season.

It’s a lot of money for someone sitting on the bench that’s what I’m worried about.

Grendel

He cam off a 2 down against Stoke and Mcnally was far more culpable

Hobo

I get he won’t go on forever but he’s now the best he’s ever been. Everyone has a bad game in a season.

It’s a lot of money for someone sitting on the bench that’s what I’m worried about.

If we had got promoted we would have been spending far more money to have people sat on the bench.

McFadz is playing as well as ever, but at the age were things can change rapidly within a month. Once your legs go and more importantly your reaction time goes you are done. No amount of training brings it back. I wouldn't be surprised if he was wasn't in the first team by the end of the season. But also wouldn't be surprised if he was?

slowpoke

That Stoke game I’d like to think was just one of those games we seem to get every season, but they did expose our central defence and could have scored a few more.

Hobo

He cam off a 2 down against Stoke and Mcnally was far more culpable
Stoke exploited him and that is why he was subbed. Yes McNally and the whole side in fairness had a stinker. But he really won't go on forever. I would rather have these young players in now to learn alongside him.

I was a fan of McFadz when people didn't rate him. He always organized our defence well and was a talker which we lacked. If he drops a clanger it doesn't phase him, which is the sign of a good player. Probably one of the best signings we have made in recent years, certainly in defence.

slowpoke

The Stoke game was a fluke as their form and our form afterwards showed
It was, not sure if it was a tactic or just how it happened but the Stoke centre-forward can’t remember his name played two or three yards deeper and it left McFadz a bit in no-mans land with no-one to mark and get a grip of and did expose a lack of pace but yes as you say it seemed a one off.

Users who are viewing this thread