Lineker was gutted (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

I personally do not think there is a mainstream media bias against us, however I bet Midlands Today are going to be absolutely gutted. Furthermore has anyone ever heard that Radio 5 Live ‘Midlands football correspondent’ Pat Murphy ever mention Coventry? He is always commentating on Wolves, Aston Villa or West Brom, and occasionally Leicester City
Yes all the time when we were in the PL.

Skyblue Bangkok

Seriously you are sad as fuck OP. Stop seeing things that ain't there

He literally tweeted about cov as soon as it happened
That's what I thought, he congratulated us. Some people go on about his politics, big deal,he's a middle of the road type, probably shows how far to the right the UK has gone in the last 40 plus years that he's seen as some " left wing radical " lol.

kg82

On the BBC at half time during the Franchise City v Saudis game, when talking about our match Lineker was clearly hating having to praise us, in fact they all were, you could see it.
I love it, absolutely love it to see the premier league loving no shame media lot having their day ruined. Bloody love it.
Nothing more than a “I don’t like Lineker so I’ll make some bollocks up” post. Really weird

wingy

I don't think they do dislike at all, but I there's some justification to protect the project so to speak, to maintain the status quo, there's a lot money to protect after all!!

Essexrobbie

Man City Newcastle was as dull as dish water after the excitement of our game. It must be one of, if not the most exciting FA cup game in history. Two turn arounds in the space of what 15 mins is incredible. Wolves to go ahead so late thought they had nicked it and were giving it large and singing the 'we're all going to Wembley'......then the boot was suddenly on the opposite foot. I wonder if any of ours left early.

Brighton Sky Blue

Man City Newcastle was as dull as dish water after the excitement of our game. It must be one of, if not the most exciting FA cup game in history. Two turn arounds in the space of what 15 mins is incredible. Wolves to go ahead so late thought they had nicked it and were giving it large and singing the 'we're all going to Wembley'......then the boot was suddenly on the opposite foot. I wonder if any of ours left early.
A few near me did, but rushed back in once they heard the roar for the equaliser

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He's gutted now, having seen his team beaten by a clueless Chelsea.

SBT

You have to admire Wright and Shearer for their work ethic, can’t have been easy juggling a pro football career during their prime years and a full-time gig on MOTD throughout the 90s. I suppose hatred of Coventry City can really spur a man on.

long way home

I think they all paint a false picture of themselves, they have too i suppose. I don't see any of them as being faultless or people id hold as a moral compass to. They are privileged people who will use the talent they had to maximize earnings out the game as they did when they were playing. Who they step on or fool doesn't bother them, if it did they wouldn't of made it in the 1st place.

Its an opinion on who you think is genuine, i have meet loads of top golfers. The ones i thought were going to be good were, the ones i thought were going to be arrogant or rude were. Few surprised me but generally my intuitions were right, as i think most peoples are. I think we can all tell the good ones to the false ones

messiahrobins

Really? Why? Just genuinely intrigued as he does seem fake to me
Ian Wright has all sorts of links to various underworld gangsters (many players of course do) and that was the case as far back as 1990. One of the reasons he hated Oggy (they had a mutual dislike) was because Oggy was an ex copper and by Oggy's own admission he wasnt averse to putting it about a bit when he was dealing with various unsavoury elements. Oggy was no shrinking violet back in the day and Wright liked to think he was a hard man (still does)
I think the reason Wright was often overlooked by England in his pomp was due to his off field shenanigans . His golascoring record was up there with Shearer and far better than Sheringham but if i recall he Wright barely got a look in back then.

dadgad

That's what I thought, he congratulated us. Some people go on about his politics, big deal,he's a middle of the road type, probably shows how far to the right the UK has gone in the last 40 plus years that he's seen as some " left wing radical " lol.

People who think Lineker is “left wing” are politically clueless…..by and large politics is wasted on the English.

messiahrobins

People who think Lineker is “left wing” are politically clueless…..by and large politics is wasted on the English.
It isnt why i hate him, but Lineker is clearly left wing. He advocates high taxes for the rich (although seems less keen to pay his share as the HMRC would attest to) and is pro mass immigration. however in a democracy people are entitled to their own views and it is not a reason to hate anyone.
What does deserve hatred is he is a Leicester supporter, and when we went down had an insufferable smirk on his face.

Brighton Sky Blue

It isnt why i hate him, but Lineker is clearly left wing. He advocates high taxes for the rich (although seems less keen to pay his share as the HMRC would attest to) and is pro mass immigration. however in a democracy people are entitled to their own views and it is not a reason to hate anyone.
What does deserve hatred is he is a Leicester supporter, and when we went down had an insufferable smirk on his face.
Genuinely, how old are you?

SBT

I cannot watch the video pal. I have never watched back anything from that day. I have a lot of hatred towards Villa, Lineker, Jim Smith and man Utd and Fergie though from that day.
Can you not watch the first four seconds on mute just so you can get me a screenshot of the famous smirk? I can’t seem to find it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Middle of the road? I don't think the delusion here is with other people...

Another poster saying he thinks that anyone who doesn't like him is a c**t is also a bit heavy.

This place is increasingly showing that it isn't a very good representation of society in general.

Legia Sky Blue

Can you not watch the first four seconds on mute just so you can get me a screenshot of the famous smirk? I can’t seem to find it.

People see what they want to see. If he has convinced himself of the Lineker smirk, nothing will change his view on that! Personally I thought MOTD were very respectful of us on the day we were relegated, and made a lot more of us going down and our history in the top league than many other relegated clubs before or since.

Grendel

I still feel he is boosh along with viktor17. Just multiple accounts to escape being gone completely from the forum.

I could be wrong but just a hunch I have

No chance it’s him

Users who are viewing this thread