Linnel Last night & The 10 million dollar question.. (1 Viewer)

luwalla

Thought SL stood up last night and although he only got to throw in the odd comment or extension to someone elses question, he did well..

The main thing though.. why did no one ask about the 10 million turn over last financial year.. for a business that wasnt a trading company ? i thought the guy asking about employees and players registered in CCFC Ltd would ask .. but it never happened.

skybluesam66

The club is not for sale

except at the moment, the administrator has as much claim to the club as sisu do (if not more)
so sorry tim, part of the club is definitely up for sale - the part with 11m of turnover in 2011

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Seriously, the other question that should have been asked was when someone asked why the administrator had put Limited up for sale, with its composition as yet unknown. Tim scoffed incredulously and said something like: 'yes, nobody knows what he's selling'.

My question world have been: of that's the case, are SISU one of the reported eight parties that have made a submission? If so, why?

ajsccfc

THE CLUB IS NOT FOR SALE!, wow that guy was a dick last night, and why did he talk so damn slowly,

It's like the antithesis to people on the other side of the microphone who were angry and agitated. The calmer and slower he talks, the more he diffuses the situation (until he then says stuff like 'last season was actually quite good' and gets them going again)

I have no idea as to the content of what he was saying, but the delivery and manner was textbook stuff. One thing you really can believe is that he's had to answer hostile questions before. He'd make a decent backup winger with that nifty sidestepping he was doing.

italiahorse

Seriously, the other question that should have been asked was when someone asked why the administrator had put Limited up for sale, with its composition as yet unknown. Tim scoffed incredulously and said something like: 'yes, nobody knows what he's selling'.

My question world have been: of that's the case, are SISU one of the reported eight parties that have made a submission? If so, why?

The others don't know what they are buying at the moment but SISU do.
I feel the administrator will come up with a bombshell next week that will take SISU out the water.

Noggin

It's like the antithesis to people on the other side of the microphone who were angry and agitated. The calmer and slower he talks, the more he diffuses the situation (until he then says stuff like 'last season was actually quite good' and gets them going again)

I have no idea as to the content of what he was saying, but the delivery and manner was textbook stuff. One thing you really can believe is that he's had to answer hostile questions before. He'd make a decent backup winger with that nifty sidestepping he was doing.

He came right out the gate with the slow talking to what was a polite if challenging question.

It was very frustrating to listen too, it's too easy for someone not to answer questions when it's not a debate format. Trying to debate by shouting from the audience doesn't work. You need the person asking the question to have the mic so they can follow up and reply.

When Tim kept saying let me finish, let me finish. I was dieing for someone to say Tim I would love to let you finish answering the question but it appears you haven't started yet.

luwalla

im not so sure Italiahorse..

i mean, i get why they would say the club is not for sale, and why they would be talking about a possible site for a new ground .. to ramp up the asking price of any potential new buyer .. IF that was their intention / or IF they thought that was what they were going to end up having to do..

but if that was the case, i honestly dont see why they would subject themselves to these fans forums! the only reason to go through the pain of these forums, is if they truly believe they hold all the cards & are in for the long haul.. and need ot try and mend bridges with the fans, to get as many as possible to follow them

wingy

Yep to the OP ,I agree I was pleasantly surprised by SL's input and what he said before the show started. I sense he's finally made the conclusion that the critical mass has shifted to the Tipping point. The Straw poll backed up the scientific data also suggesting 3000 followers to Walsall. I think its fair to say if he didn't know the scale of the destruction in relationships he truly does now.

Re a couple of questions that could be followed up on.

The insistence that we're not for sale is an easy denial ,why not throw a googly and follow up that we're well aware of that but it doesn't preclude that outcome if SISU don't buy back LTD.

Also does anyone know how to contact Harvey Williams who could possibly get to the bottom of this Ryton Rumour?

ajsccfc

It was very frustrating to listen too, it's too easy for someone not to answer questions when it's not a debate format. Trying to debate by shouting from the audience doesn't work. You need the person asking the question to have the mic so they can follow up and reply.

Yeah, that's one of the problems when you've got a relatively large number of people who want to get input, you find them having to move on from one person's question or maybe quick follow-up in order to let someone else have a go. It'd hopefully be more revealing and candid if there were fewer people asking questions, although I suspect a large dissenting room is a deliberate venue as it allows deflection.

Sky Blue Kid

FP Linnel, asked the question about £40m owed and £70m when it suits them. Fisher ducked and dived many questions last night...Thought I was listening to a boxing match!:censored:

Chipfat

I think he is good at what he does, deflects, missdirects and like a politician never really commits to answering anything much, infact users the room and the anger to avoid important questions.. Answer with, that's a good question, repeats the question in his answer and slowly delivers what he wants,, trained but not overly clever just text book of anyone in his position who has been employed to do exactly what he did...

I do think in the end he will spin to many ways and be caught out or Sisu like past history may get rid and blame the past on him and state a brand new begining but until them i think he adds and shows Sisu up for what they are.

Users who are viewing this thread