Linnell - "King signs for Coventry" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuart Linnell, on his Twitter page, has said he has heard from a 'realiable' source that Marlon King has indeed put pen to paper after this drawn out transfer saga.

Linnell is usually a reliable source himself, I remember when he worked on Mercia Radio! So hopefully we'll hear some news shortly.

redsox

Facebook User
Stuart Linnell, on his Twitter page, has said he has heard from a 'realiable' source that Marlon King has indeed put pen to paper after this drawn out transfer saga.

Linnell is usually a reliable source himself, I remember when he worked on Mercia Radio! So hopefully we'll hear some news shortly.

Let's hope so, personally this saga seems to have gone on longer than a series of big brother and I'll be glad when it reaches a conclusion.

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
I've come round to the idea of King signing, but I'm not sure of the £10,000 a week wages that have been thrown about!

Last edited:

CovInEssex

I've also got in on good source (mate plays in the youth team) that all be will reavealed in the morning/afternoon.

We got our man people.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I heard he passed his medical today and there will be a press conference at 10 AM, to announce the signing!

Chuffed to bits great signing imo! :)

smileycov

Facebook User
I've come round to the idea of King signing, but I'm not sure of the £10,000 a week wages that have been thrown about!

kay don't worry about it, it is all rumours and lies to sell paper's. the british press NEVER LET FACTS GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD STORY!!

go with the facts as you see them, marlon king in a sky blue shirt, hopefully banging in orcreating goals, they can write what they want. we mere mortals will never get the truth!! :D

HE'S BIG, HE'S BLACK, HE'LL GIVE YOUR BIRD A SLAP. MARLON KING, MARLON KING

covladzak

kay don't worry about it, it is all rumours and lies to sell paper's. the british press NEVER LET FACTS GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD STORY!!

go with the facts as you see them, marlon king in a sky blue shirt, hopefully banging in orcreating goals, they can write what they want. we mere mortals will never get the truth!! :D

HE'S BIG, HE'S BLACK, HE'LL GIVE YOUR BIRD A SLAP. MARLON KING, MARLON KING
Cheers smileycov, you have made my day with the song..:D Mind you I'd put my ex wife up against him and I think she's win in the second round with a Knock Out!:eek:;):D

CovInEssex

And at the end of it all, if he hits 20 goals this season i will personally offer my missus as a punchbag.

And if he helps us get promotion i will personally offer my missus, my nan, my mum, my auntie, my cat, my sister...

tippex9

I noticed when Talksport did a whole debate on this Stan Collymore was not involved.

If we don't sign him someone else will, if the fans don't like it then don't go but I guarantee it, if he hits 20 and gets us to the prem or Wembley they'll all come flooding back.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I noticed when Talksport did a whole debate on this Stan Collymore was not involved.

If we don't sign him someone else will, if the fans don't like it then don't go but I guarantee it, if he hits 20 and gets us to the prem or Wembley they'll all come flooding back.

Ahmen! :pimp:

Disorganised1

You needn't dress up - he slaps blokes as well

redsox

Facebook User
@cookie ill wear a wig, fake boobs, fake tan and a flappy vagina if he bags 20 goals and gets us promotion lol.

Are you available for private bookings ? I know some people who would pay handsomely for your......errr.....services! :p

smileycov

Facebook User
Just been a news story on tele saying some Coventry fans are angered at his 'possible' signing.

But, not me.

this is what will annoy me, the press wont care about the we like the signing people, just the few that moan!! and i would put my house on those that kick off big time do not attend games anyway!

oh marlon woho, oh marlon woho
he came from HMP
to play for coventry
oh marlon woho, oh marlon woho

PUSB

oldhead76

My first post , ive been a cov match goer since 76 and never felt so disgusted with my club and fellow fans who support the signing of such a thug . I expect King will get a slot on R5 live after `being honest` and `repenting` over multiple attacks on women. He says its a case of mistaken identity. There were over ten witnesses, one of whom was a coach of the Jamaican national team.

I mean the guy is ******* dangerous and obviously deeply disturbed. To try and claim it is mistaken identity, publicly, when there were so many people who saw him attack this woman means he is seriously messed up in the head.
Shame on Coventry, are we that ******* desperate to make the play offs?

Last edited by a moderator:

CovInEssex

Welcome to the forum :D

If you want toast bad enough, you'll scrape the bottom of the butter hard enough.

oldhead76

King is a dangerous thug who attacks women and has nearly a dozen previous convictions , the man ( and i use that word loosely ) is scum and not fit to wear the shirt of coventry shame on anyone who would want him at our club , id rather be proud of our team in mid table and be promoted and feel ashamed . I have a teenage daughter as many on here also will have imagine that serial woman beater let loose around our city - no thanks.

smileycov

Facebook User
King is a dangerous thug who attacks women and has nearly a dozen previous convictions , the man ( and i use that word loosely ) is scum and not fit to wear the shirt of coventry shame on anyone who would want him at our club , id rather be proud of our team in mid table and be promoted and feel ashamed . I have a teenage daughter as many on here also will have imagine that serial woman beater let loose around our city - no thanks.

your entitled to your opinion.over the top though it is, serial women beater!!

HE HAS NEVER EVER BEEN CHARGED OR FOUND GUILTY OF WOMAN BEATING!! (with the exception of this, which he is currently appealing)the jamaican coach has already admited it was him that hit the girl
he is playing football for us, not babysitting

Cobi Jones's Dreads

HE HAS NEVER EVER BEEN CHARGED OR FOUND GUILTY OF WOMAN BEATING!! (with the exception of this, which he is currently appealing)the jamaican coach has already admited it was him that hit the girl

LOL, I have to agree with AB when he says not everybody is going to be happy with this signing, similar to every signing we make you can't please everybody but giving the guy a chance for us on the pitch is the least we can do, but i tell you what we will all be pleased with this signing if come May and we are sitting in the Play-offs due to 20+ of his goals, not many fans or managers will be talking about his off the field problems.

And how do i know this let's look at Lee Hughes, he actually killed a man but after a short stint in prison this peice of scum comes out and fires Notts County up a league and suddenly, the fact he actually took someones life is put on the back burner and other clubs start taking a look at him due to his ability on the pitch. :mad:

oldhead76

Taken from the Guardian
London's Southwark Crown Court heard that since the age of 17 the Jamaica international has found himself in the dock on no less than seven previous occasions involving 13 offences. They feature dishonesty, drink driving and other motoring offences, and violence against women.

Only one, receiving a stolen £30,000 BMW, resulted in a prison sentence – 18 months reduced to nine on appeal. Apart from some community penalties, the other punishments were fines.

King's first brush with the law was in December 1997 at Camberwell Youth Court when he was convicted of wounding another footballer. At the time he was playing for a local Dulwich side. His victim was part of a St Thomas's Hospital team.

Magistrates heard how he grabbed his opponent round the neck and, as the referee booked him, returned to the attack with a head-butt and a punch in the face, fracturing his cheekbone. He was given an 80-hour community order and ordered to pay £250 compensation.

Two years later, at Tower Bridge Magistrates' Court, he was fined a total of £240 for two counts of theft and two of fraudulently using a tax disc.

In 2002 he was brought before Camberwell Green Magistrates for driving with excess alcohol and while uninsured. He was fined £650, ordered to pay £40 costs and disqualified from driving for nine months.

A week later at Greenwich Magistrates' Court he received a six-month community rehabilitation order and was ordered to pay £100 compensation for criminal damage and attempting to obtain property by deception. Later that year, at Inner London Crown Court, he was jailed for receiving the BMW Cabriolet.

A year after that he was at Bow Street Magistrates' Court for two counts of common assault. The court heard how a cab driver had called police about a "disturbance" in Berwick Street, Soho. When officers arrived they saw King chasing two women along the road with a belt and buckle wrapped round his right fist.

One of them explained he had attacked them for "no apparent reason", punching her in the face and causing cuts and swelling. He was fined £1,000, and ordered to pay £500 compensation as well as £100 costs.

His last court appearance was in 2005, again at Bow Street, when he was convicted of threatening behaviour. This involved him approaching a woman near Leicester Square, and again for "no apparent reason" spat at her. He was fined £300, and ordered to pay £500 compensation and £55 costs.

And some Cov fans want this peice of shit playing for us and prowling the streets of coventry at night - unbelievable :eek:

oldhead76

YES HE HAS 'A year after that he was at Bow Street Magistrates' Court for two counts of common assault. The court heard how a cab driver had called police about a "disturbance" in Berwick Street, Soho. When officers arrived they saw King chasing two women along the road with a belt and buckle wrapped round his right fist.

One of them explained he had attacked them for "no apparent reason", punching her in the face and causing cuts and swelling. He was fined £1,000, and ordered to pay £500 compensation as well as £100 costs.

redsox

Facebook User
LOL, I have to agree with AB when he says not everybody is going to be happy with this signing, similar to every signing we make you can't please everybody but giving the guy a chance for us on the pitch is the least we can do, but i tell you what we will all be pleased with this signing if come May and we are sitting in the Play-offs due to 20+ of his goals, not many fans or managers will be talking about his off the field problems.

And how do i know this let's look at Lee Hughes, he actually killed a man but after a short stint in prison this peice of scum comes out and fires Notts County up a league and suddenly, the fact he actually took someones life is put on the back burner and other clubs start taking a look at him due to his ability on the pitch. :mad:

I concur completely, this is not an application for sainthood (which he would quite clearly fail), it is to be employed to play football. Something which, in the past , he appeared to be quite good at. I would much rather he be 'quite good' for us than against us and hopefully a friend , strong leadership and guidance from AB might be just what Mr King needs to turn his life around.Let's hope so for the sake of all concerned!:)

smileycov

Facebook User
oldhead you are so right......lets shoot him, cant have a crimminal wandering the streets of coventry can we.

oh, by the way.... how many of our current squad do you happen to come across wandering the streets of coventry at night? i would have thought Aidy would keep a closer eye on them, wouldn't you? :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread