Liquidation or Northampton? (1 Viewer)

looks like TF has made his bed...the deal at NT has been signed 3 years with 2 year extension available if needed...so thats happening, unless ACL reject the CVA, that would liquidate the club? Whats the best route?

skybluesam66

it would liquidate ccfc limited .
a 2 division demotion probably
allowing new owners to take us over in the conference

guess where we would be in 2 years time

versus fishers plan

forget the CCFC/SISU for one minute, do CCC/ACL have a duty to recover as much money as possible and they might have no other option than to reject the CVA...?

Sub

Given the alternative is liquidation and next to no money, if that duty were true they'd have little option but to accept a CVA.

why do they ? if they liquidate us SISU cut there own throat too, debt to pay to northhampton and no football club, not the best option for SISU either i hope ACL put us to the sword now reject the offer and see how far SISU are willing to go, the FL will not approve the sale to SISU and the club will have to be put up forsale again as the golden share will not be issued to SISU.

Is it down to ACL/CCC to make that final choice...? if they reject it is that it, liquidation? SISU/PA have no say in this?

why do they ? if they liquidate us SISU cut there own throat too, debt to pay to northhampton and no football club, not the best option for SISU either i hope ACL put us to the sword now reject the offer and see how far SISU are willing to go, the FL will not approve the sale to SISU and the club will have to be put up forsale again as the golden share will not be issued to SISU.

Sub

That is the alternative option, as spelled out very clearly by first the administrator, and also Tim Fisher.

i do not beleive a word either of those two say !! ACL need to reject the offer keep us in admin and take them to court and see if they liquidate the club because the FL will not let them have the golden share if this happens. And the administrator will have to look for another buyer!

Sky Blues

If Mr Fisher is right, does it matter to anyone other than ACL if CCFC Ltd are liquidated? He suggests Limited has no team. Logically, therefore, if he is right they would be liquidating a non-trading property subsidiary and not the club.

Of course, if Limited has the team then surely that means the administrator could do a deal with the Ricoh for Coventry to play there?

:thinking about:

OyJimmy

If Mr Fisher is right, does it matter to anyone other than ACL if CCFC Ltd are liquidated? He suggests Limited has no team. Logically, therefore, if he is right they would be liquidating a non-trading property subsidiary and not the club.

Of course, if Limited has the team then surely that means the administrator could do a deal with the Ricoh for Coventry to play there?

:thinking about:

Your wrong but only because you've been misinformed by the administrator who thinks he's sold the golden share. The golden share is non transferable. This means appleton can't sell it. He has to sell the company that's in admin to Sisu and if he does that they inherit the Ricoh contract again

Spionkop

Liquidation seems the only (horrible) way to escape from the clutches of Sisu. Seems obvious we'll suffer at least demotion to the conference as a result of that approach - but that's where we are heading anyway, but with Sisu. ACL should reject the offer, it'll put a critical spanner in Sisu's works. There is no especially good strategy in the short term.
The alternative is for ACL to accept 26p in the pound, roll over and let SISU take us out of the city. And don't forget, as one or two have already pointed out, we're now, in the blink of Fisher's eye, talking about FIVE years away. You all know the reality, CCFC as we know and love it is dead.
We might end up in Conference North but imagine that lovely feeling - new owners (even some of us) who CARE. And winning our way back. A bit of fun.

wes_cov

As a public body i believe ACL have to take the money and run.... It's not the right thing to do but its the only thing they can do even if they did liquidate LTD i don't think it would change anything other than maybe speed up the demise of this once (almost) great club.

RIP CCFC guess i'll be watching the egg chasers :(

Rangers FC were liquidated - they dropped out of the league, and lost 99% of their SPL team, but majority of their fans stuck with them bought ST and kit and followed them to away games and filled (sometimes) their home games...they ran away with their league BUT they have the second biggest wage bill in Scotland (£7 Million) behind Celtic (£22 Million) so I supposed that league was nailed on, although some say that they will struggle more the higher up the the leagues, now we (CCFC) do not have the same support, or the money to spend...how would liquidation pan out for us? would we survive?

OyJimmy

As a public body i believe ACL have to take the money and run.... It's not the right thing to do but its the only thing they can do even if they did liquidate LTD i don't think it would change anything other than maybe speed up the demise of this once (almost) great club.

RIP CCFC guess i'll be watching the egg chasers :(

As a public body they have to reject the CVA because they must then hope that Appleton can sell the club to a third party. However if Sisu then block the CVA then the administrator will probably have to liquidate the club. But first ACL will have to reject the CVA on the basis that a better buyer might be found

letsallsingtogether

Yes got to agree and better then starting up a new Club Don't believe they will drop us down to far as the teams lower down can not accommodate our away support.

Get Sisu out of town and maybe just Maybe we can start talking, watching and Enjoying Football again PUSB................................

Liquidation seems the only (horrible) way to escape from the clutches of Sisu. Seems obvious we'll suffer at least demotion to the conference as a result of that approach - but that's where we are heading anyway, but with Sisu. ACL should reject the offer, it'll put a critical spanner in Sisu's works. There is no especially good strategy in the short term.
The alternative is for ACL to accept 26p in the pound, roll over and let SISU take us out of the city. And don't forget, as one or two have already pointed out, we're now, in the blink of Fisher's eye, talking about FIVE years away. You all know the reality, CCFC as we know and love it is dead.
We might end up in Conference North but imagine that lovely feeling - new owners (even some of us) who CARE. And winning our way back. A bit of fun.

Rangers said the same...they made room, its all extra revenue for the home side, we will go conference at best if this happens.

Yes got to agree and better then starting up a new Club Don't believe they will drop us down to far as the teams lower down can not accommodate our away support.

Get Sisu out of town and maybe just Maybe we can start talking, watching and Enjoying Football again PUSB................................

Sky Blues

I ACL reject the CVA the club can still come out administration(but with a 15 point penalty) can't they?

I thought that was the case too. I got the impression Mr Fisher was suggesting that if the CVA was rejected they would liquidate the club, which seemed to me like a threat to ACL: Agree or we liquidate.

Happy to accept my reading of it could be wrong.

The Penguin

I'm confused.

Fisher says agree or we liquidate.

Except they would just be liquidating a non-operating subsidiary with no players, staff or any other parts of the football club.

So what's the problem, Mr. Fisher? Get rid of Limited, you keep telling us you don't need it.

;) :whistle:

rupert_bear

We could do with expert opinion on this. I don't think liquidation is nescesarily the end of a business, but our problem is time and it looks to me if the 22nd of July is a carefully selected date. We need to know if ccfc ltd is liquidated can a third party move in and how quick. Also how do you get players and that could be key because if sisu liquidate those registered players have nowhere to go and also Holdings will have to honour their contracts, this when the players union might come in. IF the club can be saved even if liquidated but we suffer further point deductions at this moment in time I would reluctantly accept that.

Manchester_sky_blue

ACL will reject the CVA there is no doubt about that. What that means though im not sure. The league have proved themselves pretty spineless so I think they would simply hand the golden share to holdings who would carry on with their pipe dream of a new stadium plan whilst playing at Sixfields.

blend

ACL will reject the CVA there is no doubt about that. What that means though im not sure. The league have proved themselves pretty spineless so I think they would simply hand the golden share to holdings who would carry on with their pipe dream of a new stadium plan whilst playing at Sixfields.

I think because acl will realise sisu will go down beneficial ownership route and FL would give share to holdings they have to accept the 26p. I hope they see more value in refusing it, but I dont see it somehow. SISI juggernaut carries on regardless.

mark82

I ACL reject the CVA the club can still come out administration(but with a 15 point penalty) can't they?

Yes, believe they can but would mean going through the courts. I Assume easists option would be CCFC Limited get liquidated and CCFC Holdings would just plough on as normal, as they have done throughout administration.

italiahorse

I think because acl will realise sisu will go down beneficial ownership route and FL would give share to holdings they have to accept the 26p. I hope they see more value in refusing it, but I dont see it somehow. SISI juggernaut carries on regardless.

If that's the case I'm glad I'm getting out.

Users who are viewing this thread