Liverpool Fan in Peace (1 Viewer)

stupot07

With all due respect, one word for this: supposition

The past is not the present.

The mess of Hodgson, Dalglish and Rodgers does not necessarily carry on with Klopp.
And Wenger, change has been in the air for ages now. How long is it before Guardiola or Simone (for example) come in, taking with them a huge Spanish influence?

In the medium short term, Tottenham is as good a place as any. Pochettino´s position looks stable, he´s willing to put Dele Alli straight into the side.
Man City, Chelsea and Utd have so much money that talents go there to die to a certain extent, but saying that Maddison will be ruined at LFC, well.. It could happen, but then Coutinho could go to Barcelona this summer, Lallana be shipped out and Firmino be found too lightweight. Klopp will make big adjustments to this squad to put his imprint on it.

Have you actually seen Maddison play?

Of course it is supposition, and yes Arsen Wenger might leave, if he stays a long as Fergie he's got another 6 years in which Maddison would be 25. He's not going to get sacked so he will only leave when he wants to retire.

Yes, Tottenham have thrown Alli in, but as well as talent he has the physicality and athleticism to compete in a PL midfield

The other big reason I think Arsenal is the best place is because unlike Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham etc, Wenger has complete control of football operations (just like Fergie did), so if he signs it's because he wants him, not because some director of football/transfer committee deems him to have potential.

And honestly, being the 5-6th richest club makes you have to put trust in youngsters. Lol that is a strategic decision not an enforced one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

J H Waters

Have you actually seen Maddison play?

Of course it is supposition, and yes Arsen Wenger might leave, if he stays a long as Fergie he's got another 6 years in which Maddison would be 25. He's not going to get sacked so he will only leave when he wants to retire.

Yes, Tottenham have thrown Alli in, but as well as talent he has the physicality and athleticism to compete in a PL midfield

The other big reason I think Arsenal is the best place is because unlike Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham etc, Wenger has complete control of football operations (just like Fergie did), so if he signs it's because he wants him, not because some director of football/transfer committee deems him to have potential.

And honestly, being the 5-6th richest club makes you have to put trust in youngsters. Lol that is a strategic decision not an enforced one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

A strategic decision that shows few signs of changing, as long as the owners at LFC are who they are and keep on bringing in idealistic managers who see themselves as developers of talent. If FSG sell to some consortium of arab Sheikhs (which have been ongoing speculation for years), that situation could change over night.

As it is, Joe Gomez came in this summer and got starts right away in the Premiership at 18 years of age. Would have played lots if it weren´t for him quickly picking up an ACL injury during an international game. Rumored left back targets have been Rico Henry (1997) and Ben Chilwell (1996) recently. These days you´re surprised if the club is linked to anyone born before 1992 or therabouts.

I will come in here and try and present reasons for why a move to LFC (as a fan, why wouldn´t I) wouldn´t be such a bad thing, and people will counter that with objectivity but also preconceptions and some nonsense. To be frank. And some of my views are overly positive on behalf of the club.

I think Tottenham and Arsenal would be fine places to go for Maddison, on principle. And no, I haven´t seen him play.
As we´re unlikely to change each other´s views one bit, I´ll say have a nice day, and good luck in the promotion race. And good luck to Maddison wherever he ends up playing.

CCFCKirky

He's a one trick pony, can beat a man but thinks he can do it all alone. No end product and will lose the ball more likely than not

Moff

I liked Kent, skillfull with pace, but yes could be frustrating.

He has bags of potential, and it just needs to be honed. With coaching and maturity he could make a fine footballer. I wish him well.

The Reverend Skyblue

A strategic decision that shows few signs of changing, as long as the owners at LFC are who they are and keep on bringing in idealistic managers who see themselves as developers of talent. If FSG sell to some consortium of arab Sheikhs (which have been ongoing speculation for years), that situation could change over night.

As it is, Joe Gomez came in this summer and got starts right away in the Premiership at 18 years of age. Would have played lots if it weren´t for him quickly picking up an ACL injury during an international game. Rumored left back targets have been Rico Henry (1997) and Ben Chilwell (1996) recently. These days you´re surprised if the club is linked to anyone born before 1992 or therabouts.

I will come in here and try and present reasons for why a move to LFC (as a fan, why wouldn´t I) wouldn´t be such a bad thing, and people will counter that with objectivity but also preconceptions and some nonsense. To be frank. And some of my views are overly positive on behalf of the club.

I think Tottenham and Arsenal would be fine places to go for Maddison, on principle. And no, I haven´t seen him play.
As we´re unlikely to change each other´s views one bit, I´ll say have a nice day, and good luck in the promotion race. And good luck to Maddison wherever he ends up playing.

Good luck too JH Waters, I bloody live with a Red supporting wife ,son and daughter,it's bloody hell and they take the p*** out of me supporting Cov all the time.
I don't think Liverpool will get top four this season,you have too many unLiverpool players, I don't rate Lallana Benteke, and Joe Allen,and the goalie does my head in as he never commands his area and punches so many time when he could just bloody catch it, also he does so many theatrical dives to easy saves it's embarressing.
i only like Skirtel,Lucas and Lovren who will come good in time, but apart from that it's a bit poor, bloody Sturridge pulls a muscle tieing hie laces up which does my head in too.
i do think Klopp will get it right though so be patient,get rid of the dross and get some quality in goal and upfront .
going to see Norwich Liverpool on the 23rd as it was one of the pressies I got my wife for Xmas, she's never seen them live which I class as a plastic fan but she won't have it.
love Liverpool as a city ,great people with a great sense of humour, perhaps one day we will play each other again.
do you remember Ndluvu hatrick at Anfield,bloody fantastic night

J H Waters

Good luck too JH Waters, I bloody live with a Red supporting wife ,son and daughter,it's bloody hell and they take the p*** out of me supporting Cov all the time.
I don't think Liverpool will get top four this season,you have too many unLiverpool players, I don't rate Lallana Benteke, and Joe Allen,and the goalie does my head in as he never commands his area and punches so many time when he could just bloody catch it, also he does so many theatrical dives to easy saves it's embarressing.
i only like Skirtel,Lucas and Lovren who will come good in time, but apart from that it's a bit poor, bloody Sturridge pulls a muscle tieing hie laces up which does my head in too.
i do think Klopp will get it right though so be patient,get rid of the dross and get some quality in goal and upfront .
going to see Norwich Liverpool on the 23rd as it was one of the pressies I got my wife for Xmas, she's never seen them live which I class as a plastic fan but she won't have it.
love Liverpool as a city ,great people with a great sense of humour, perhaps one day we will play each other again.
do you remember Ndluvu hatrick at Anfield,bloody fantastic night
Nah, that was when I was a little kid more interested in playing the game myself and running around on muddy pitches rather than watching the football...

Think you got it spot on there, Benteke, Lallana, Allen and Mignolet could be the first ones to get the chop in the summer.
The signing of Marko Grujic (1996) will be announced tomorrow, a big bastard of 1,90 in the midfield. Would have been excellent to replace him with Allen right now, but the odd thing is that he's going straight back to Red Star Belgrade for 6 months as a prerequisite of the deal. Which is a little blow for us.
The whole Sturridge situation is a massive pain in the arse, he's got crazy scoring stats, but what use is it planning around such a character when he can never get on the pitch...

I'd like to see you facing Liverpool in the Prem, as long as it's not with Steve Bruce or Pulis as the manager. Haha. Liverpool kryptonite.
Hope you have a good day out then, but I foresee a frustrating day for anyone supporting LFC that day.. Norwich could easily hammer LFC as things are right now, like West Ham, Palace and others have done. Outmuscled and outfought!

RegTheDonk

I agree with Kirky. From what I've seen he is a talent, got skill, pace, could do very well. But you need to temper that with his age and attitude, I know you need confidence and self-belief but I get the impression he's bordering on arrogance sometimes, trying to do the lot. Exciting to watch, but frustrating when it doesn't come off and IF he gets a game I hope your fans will be patient - the kid could be totally destroyed and I'd worry about even having to have him recalled, the pressure that must bring on his shoulders.

Good luck to 'pool and Kent, I'm sure TM will have a solution to compensate for his recall.

P.s where are your xmas smileys at??

I know, disgraceful isn't it? :D I reckon Nick's got the Grinch stuck in his DVD player :D

J H Waters

I agree with Kirky. From what I've seen he is a talent, got skill, pace, could do very well. But you need to temper that with his age and attitude, I know you need confidence and self-belief but I get the impression he's bordering on arrogance sometimes, trying to do the lot. Exciting to watch, but frustrating when it doesn't come off and IF he gets a game I hope your fans will be patient - the kid could be totally destroyed and I'd worry about even having to have him recalled, the pressure that must bring on his shoulders.

Good luck to 'pool and Kent, I'm sure TM will have a solution to compensate for his recall.

The extent of the fatigue that the fans are feeling with established expensive pros like Lallana will give Kent lots of leeway, initially at least.
Divock Origi who is only a year older than him went through a tough time at Lille, where the fans turned on him for some time, and got further broken down in the dying months of the Rodgers era. It's just now under Klopp that he's starting to show a different side of himself, and the new manager seems to have got him believing again.
Origi and Kent is shielded slightly in the sense that fan fatigue with Benteke and Lallana will mean that fans are desperate to see something fresh.. Fickle bunch though, that might change quickly.. Haha. But Klopp has taken it on himself as a personal mission to try and direct the energy of the Anfield crowd in a more positive direction, so let's see where that leads..

A very quick, skilful, tricky player, but has still got a lot to learn. Tries to cut in and shoot way to many times with mainly poor results. He's scored once from trying that and he does it literally every time he plays. Good player, sound lad, but he's not ready for the Liverpool first team by a long shot. Would have made more sense to send him to a lower championship team like Huddersfield or Charlton, maybe let him stay in higher League 1. We have too many wide midfielders as it is so it's probably best for him to move on

J H Waters

A very quick, skilful, tricky player, but has still got a lot to learn. Tries to cut in and shoot way to many times with mainly poor results. He's scored once from trying that and he does it literally every time he plays. Good player, sound lad, but he's not ready for the Liverpool first team by a long shot. Would have made more sense to send him to a lower championship team like Huddersfield or Charlton, maybe let him stay in higher League 1. We have too many wide midfielders as it is so it's probably best for him to move on

Not totally sure on the specifics, but from what I understand, Kent can leave far into March in the Emergency Loan Window.
So there's a chance he could act as impact sub in the packed Jan/Feb schedule and then head out again.

Tonylinc

Seriously, he is nowhere near ready for Prem. football. He may well make an appearance in the FA cup BUT premership.......no way. In fact I would be worried that such a start would destroy the lad! He is a young lad just starting out on his career, don't put too much on his shoulders just yet.

wingy

Reminds me very much of Adam Johnston,but not at those early heights,and he seems to have bombed after those first couple of years.

Not totally sure on the specifics, but from what I understand, Kent can leave far into March in the Emergency Loan Window.
So there's a chance he could act as impact sub in the packed Jan/Feb schedule and then head out again.

Quite possible. I think the limit on emergency loans on 90 days

ccfc1234

Have a feeling he will play v Exeter in the FA Cup next weekend for Liverpool. Would be just the kind of game the manager would like him to play in esp given his exploits in the lower leagues.

Otis

Have a feeling he will play v Exeter in the FA Cup next weekend for Liverpool. Would be just the kind of game the manager would like him to play in esp given his exploits in the lower leagues.
Some word going round though that Kent might play in the semi-final of the Capital One Cup tomorrow, which would be totally ridiculous.

rupert_bear

Good management by Klopp will see first hand what Kent is all about and I think there is a good chance he will go out on loan again. If he does can I suggest he goes to Chesterfield that way he doesn't play against us but may inflict damage on some of our rivals

J H Waters

As a little update, what seems to have happened so far is that he was in 1st training yesterday and watched at Melwood today as an LFC XI beat Morecambe. Not travelling with the matchday party to Stoke then, but very likely involved in some capacity vs Exeter.
(the XI was a mish mash of youngsters formally with the u21 setup and seniors out of favor, like Jose Enrique)

Last edited:
R

RB1992

"Good management by Klopp"

Yet Newcastle recalling Armstrong and playing him so young in the Premier League would be a terrible decision for Armstrong/NUFC according to most of our fans.

You have to laugh.

Astute

"Good management by Klopp"

Yet Newcastle recalling Armstrong and playing him so young in the Premier League would be a terrible decision for Armstrong/NUFC according to most of our fans.

You have to laugh.

I am laughing.

Kent hasn't improved where he needs to. He can be involved with top players and even play against Exeter.

Very similar to Armstrong taken back to try and save Newcastle against Prem teams.

Users who are viewing this thread