Lol (1 Viewer)

Womble

Thats funny...

However, we are shit so we'll need you to go down to 10 men before we get a chance.

pusbccfc

Will our allocation definitely only be 700?

Womble

remember the ground only holds around 4500.. (thus why we are trying to get our 'own' ground in wimbledon)

torchomatic

You could make it a permanent move. ACL are looking for a new "sports franchise".

maybe we should hire the Ricoh..

torchomatic

I went to Plough Lane a few times in the 80s. Not the best of grounds it has to be said.

In the premier league Wimbledon regularly got crowds lower than 4500

bigfatronssba

As myths go that's up there with "Coventry City faced last day escapes every year in the top flight".

In the Premier League era Wimbledon averaged between 7k and 18k.

The Reverend Skyblue

Its best if you build your new ground and we share with you. Being in London it will cut down Joy's travelling costs as well, as she never misses a game.
Also if you have a church in the locality she could combine her two passions, Sunday morning at prayer, and then a short walk to the ground for the afternoon game

ohitsaidwalker king power

Its best if you build your new ground and we share with you. Being in London it will cut down Joy's travelling costs as well, as she never misses a game.
Also if you have a church in the locality she could combine her two passions, Sunday morning at prayer, and then a short walk to the ground for the afternoon game

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit Rev- Shouldnt you be at evensong?..;)

shropshirecov

As myths go that's up there with "Coventry City faced last day escapes every year in the top flight".

Their averages where kept up by United, Liverpool and the London teams selling out selhurst for them. 3729 were there when we went top if the premier league in 1992. 4000 v villa the same season. Plough lane crowds were worse.

Sba180

isn't plough lane a supermarket now? probably gets more crowd. would wimbledon dog track be suitable as a ground?

bigfatronssba

Their averages where kept up by United, Liverpool and the London teams selling out selhurst for them. 3729 were there when we went top if the premier league in 1992. 4000 v villa the same season. Plough lane crowds were worse.

The fact their average was kept up by playing big teams is slightly irrelevant isn't it? They still paid to enter the ground.

Whilst so many on here are being very disrespectful to a decent football club, just look at this stat:

Number of people willing to watch CCFC: 2174

Number of people willing to watch WFC: 4192

Last edited:

Grendel

You could make it a permanent move. ACL are looking for a new "sports franchise".

Yes that will do the trick.

Step inside Wimbledon chairman. Look here is a nice fellow - he's PWKH to his friends. He'll explain the deal.

What - you think a break even figure of 22 500 is a bit of a stretch as you've never achieved those crowds in your history? Don't worry it will be fine. Sorry - you think you may at least sell a lot more food and drink and car parking spaces here? Well yes - as I say PWKH will explain the small print....

letsallsingtogether

What the fuck are you on about you really are a Troll give it a rest.

Yes that will do the trick.

Step inside Wimbledon chairman. Look here is a nice fellow - he's PWKH to his friends. He'll explain the deal.

What - you think a break even figure of 22 500 is a bit of a stretch as you've never achieved those crowds in your history? Don't worry it will be fine. Sorry - you think you may at least sell a lot more food and drink and car parking spaces here? Well yes - as I say PWKH will explain the small print....

skybluetony176

from memory, there is a church on the opposite corner of the cross roads.

skybluetony176

isn't plough lane a supermarket now? probably gets more crowd. would wimbledon dog track be suitable as a ground?

its flats now. the dog track and surrounding area which acts as a car park and has Sunday markets currently is the site being discussed i believe. although from the plans I've seen there will be a supermarket as part of the development.

SkyblueBazza

You aren't the guy that works out the official rate of inflation by any chance are you?
Anyone's average back in the day would've been severely impacted without the MUFC, London teams & Liverpool fixtures wouldn't they?

Baginton

thats when the club fooked off round to Selhurst park and the fans boycotted, sound familiar ??

back to plough lane campaign was in full effect.

TWELVE YEARS they stayed away for, are you suprised they got shite crowds?

kg82

Regularly got low crowds and average crowd over a season are 2 different things. You could regularly get crowds below 4500 and still average 7-8k over the season.

What the fuck are you on about you really are a Troll give it a rest.

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with you, why respond? I gave up engaging with this and other similar trolls some time ago. They are all in denial as to what has happened to our beloved club.

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

Regularly got low crowds and average crowd over a season are 2 different things. You could regularly get crowds below 4500 and still average 7-8k over the season.

so look at it the other way then.

You could regularly get crowds of over 12k at still only average 7-8k.

kg82

so look at it the other way then.

You could regularly get crowds of over 12k at still only average 7-8k.

Wasn't the point being made though was it? I don't really care to be honest, I was just pointing it out that's what could happen.

Users who are viewing this thread