London trip advice (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

Good trip all round, kids loved the tube so staying a few stops out wasn't an issue. Only mistimed one journey with rush hour. Dunno how people cope with that daily?!

1st day we headed to Greenwich as suggested, had a poke round there. Kids enjoyed looking in the millennium dome (shite cookie cutter mall now) lunch then on the cable car, really good views and an experience they won't get anywhere else. After we got the Uber boat up the Thames, decent sightseeing. We got off the stop after houses of parliament then walked back along the bank back towards the London eye and Big Ben as the sun set.

Headed back toward Wembley, tried the world buffet thing there. Bit lame and pricey if I'm honest but again the kids loved it.

2nd day loaded up on late breakfast and headed into Knightsbridge to the Museum's, was a bit busy which the little one soon tired of but they loved spending the day in the Natural history and Science museum. We walked to Harrods in the evening. The scale and prices blew their minds 😂.

3rd day we headed into central London, managed to catch a changing of the guard. Had a walk up the Mall and St James park then walked up to Trafalgar Square. Met my brother in law in Leicester Square who showed the kids the massive Lego and M&M store. Then we walked up to Hamleys.

Was really easy to get about and not really that stressful. We used the Citymapper app to plan journeys (found it better than the Tfl one) Worked out ~£14 for us all on the tube per day

Thanks for all the tips 👍

Greggs

Save your money and go somewhere better and cheaper

Alkhen

Save your money and go somewhere better and cheaper
Excuse Me Comedy GIF by What We Do in the Shadows

Users who are viewing this thread