Longest serving managers (3 Viewers)

WestEndAgro

Howe must be clinging on & Eric ten Hag, both a couple of bad defeats away from a sacking.

bigfatronssba

And there is us with the best Championship of the lot

hill83

e79d7f47-f176-4daf-ba71-d51636df4448-gif.32974

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If you look at the top 10 managers and the relative success they have achieved it makes it all the more bizarre that clubs chop and change so often
The reason they're in the top ten is because they've had relative success. If they hadn't they'd have been replaced.

Just keeping a manager doesn't mean it will eventually all work out.

As I've said before success breeds stability, not the other way round.

Cally Fedora

That table is what happens when you have owners who know nothing about the game. Particular bits of nonsense recently include the appointment of Rooney and Forest’s sacking of Cooper. One of my pet hates is when someone achieves something way above expectation (getting Forest promoted) only to be sacked when they struggle in the place they over achieved to be in the first place.

PVA

That table is what happens when you have owners who know nothing about the game. Particular bits of nonsense recently include the appointment of Rooney and Forest’s sacking of Cooper. One of my pet hates is when someone achieves something way above expectation (getting Forest promoted) only to be sacked when they struggle in the place they over achieved to be in the first place.

I agree, but you just know if we went up it wouldn't be long before the bedwetters were calling for Robins to be sacked.

SlowerThanPlatt

and Forest’s sacking of Cooper. One of my pet hates is when someone achieves something way above expectation (getting Forest promoted) only to be sacked when they struggle in the place they over achieved to be in the first place.
I dunno about that, they were serious candidates for relegation, still might be but Nuno has won both games so far.

Brentford will have a decision to make soon too…

Skyblue Bangkok

I dunno about that, they were serious candidates for relegation, still might be but Nuno has won both games so far.

Brentford will have a decision to make soon too…
Forest had been in a run of one win in Coopers last 13 games including 5 defeats from 6 games. He could hardly be surprised by his fate.

Gibbo

IF you wipe out the outliers - say the top 10 down to Clough - what is the average job length - a year? Maybe it says something about (1) football finance - many clubs are close to broke so can't buy success. You can see in the long servers Wrexham, Newcastle and Stockport plus Klopp and Pepe all of whom have been able to 'buy' success. Or maybe (2) the kind of bloke who gets jobs in management is not very good at, well, 'management'. See Rooney, but he is far from being the first or the worst or (3) The Appointers know nothing....

wingy

IF you wipe out the outliers - say the top 10 down to Clough - what is the average job length - a year? Maybe it says something about (1) football finance - many clubs are close to broke so can't buy success. You can see in the long servers Wrexham, Newcastle and Stockport plus Klopp and Pepe all of whom have been able to 'buy' success. Or maybe (2) the kind of bloke who gets jobs in management is not very good at, well, 'management'. See Rooney, but he is far from being the first or the worst or (3) The Appointers know nothing....
Wrexham?

no_loyalty

John Coleman has been sacked by Accrington, so Robins goes up another place.

Frostie

If you consider that 11 years of Simon Weaver's tenure was in non-league, Robins is now longest serving in the EFL & by quite a considerable distance.

Users who are viewing this thread