Loud BANG. (1 Viewer)

Anthony_Kav

Did anyone hear a loud bang in Coventry around 1:30am - 2am this morning? I heard it but didn't really take any notice. But i then realised some people were writing it on Facebook and Twitter. People even wrote that there walls were shaking, i asked them which areas they lived in and most of them were on the east side of the city, I live on the west. I'm just curious to know what it was or if anyone heard it?

Otis

I must apologise.

I've been out of action for several months with a groin strain you see and it was my first day back in the saddle.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
21.12.2012 a day or two late perhaps? :D

Didn't hear a thing down here. Too many foghorns going off!

Marty

I heard it in Coundon but there was another one as well that wasn't as loud at about 11.

Houchens Head

Any news on what it was? Sonic boom perhaps?

Juniper

I registered here for the sake of responding to this thread, specifically. I'm from the United States and I've been investigating these mysterious loud booms being heard worldwide since I experienced a series of strange incidents in early 2011 with booms that would shake our house (and no official explanation was ever given). What caught my attention were the constant reports I'm seeing coming out of Coventry on Twitter. This is the third wave of reports I've seen in a matter of months. The first wave of reports was in April. This was the "official" explanation:

Sonic Boom Rocks Large Part of Britian as two Typhoon jets are dispatched to helicopter emitting hijacking signal

But upon reading the official explanations, I and others noticed a few inconsistencies. For starters, in the above article you'll see several photos. One containing the two fighter jets and an unidentified flying object - obviously not a helicopter. Also, it should be noted that under normal circumstances, aircraft are NOT supposed to break the sound barrier in residential areas because it's dangerous. So why didn't they attempt to get in communication with this helicopter to make sure that there was an actual emergency? Why put the residents at risk over a false alarm? Surely, if the helicopter had been hijacked, they would attempt negotiations by communicating with those on-board.

An anonymous person made a valid point on another forum:

"Yes, sonic booms are heard roughly under the flight path of a plane travelling above the speed of sound, for as long as it is doing so, be that 100 miles or 1,000 miles.

What the OP is, I think, alluding to is the fact that if the Typhoon jets took off from their QRA duty at an Oxfordshire base (Brize Norton?), and they flew to the area around Bath (which is where the MoD claims the incident happened with the helicopter) then why was the 'sonic boom' heard, and felt, almost 100 miles north, in Coventry, and also in Staffordshire (even further north. I live in the West Midlands and it has been on the local news)?

The point is that the official explanation seems very suspicious. Go to Google Earth and you will see what I mean. If the jets were responding to a helicopter emergency around bath then they would have had a short, fast, and relatively low-level dash of only around 50 miles to get there. Would they have needed to go supersonic for 50 miles? Even if they did then why would the residents of Coventry and around Staffordshire have heard this? Even if the jets flew over those areas after the incident then surely they would not have been flying supersonic after it. They would only have been authorised to fly supersonic for the emergency situation.

Please, just go to Google Earth and explain it. I'd love to understand how this makes any sense."

With all of that in mind, you may still be inclined to brush it off. But about a month ago I saw a new slew of reports coming out of Coventry from residents stating they heard multiple loud booms and felt their houses shaking. Apparently it had even been mentioned on the radio. I was unable to find an official explanation for those incidents. And here we are again. End of December. Here are a few of the reports I've seen on Twitter today:

@kensthought
"Heard a loud bang just after 1am sunday in west coventry. don't know what or where."

@suetid
"@SkyBluesTalk we did in CV5 area again didn't take it, in any idea."

Grendel

I registered here for the sake of responding to this thread, specifically. I'm from the United States and I've been investigating these mysterious loud booms being heard worldwide since I experienced a series of strange incidents in early 2011 with booms that would shake our house (and no official explanation was ever given). What caught my attention were the constant reports I'm seeing coming out of Coventry on Twitter. This is the third wave of reports I've seen in a matter of months. The first wave of reports was in April. This was the "official" explanation:

Sonic Boom Rocks Large Part of Britian as two Typhoon jets are dispatched to helicopter emitting hijacking signal

But upon reading the official explanations, I and others noticed a few inconsistencies. For starters, in the above article you'll see several photos. One containing the two fighter jets and an unidentified flying object - obviously not a helicopter. Also, it should be noted that under normal circumstances, aircraft are NOT supposed to break the sound barrier in residential areas because it's dangerous. So why didn't they attempt to get in communication with this helicopter to make sure that there was an actual emergency? Why put the residents at risk over a false alarm? Surely, if the helicopter had been hijacked, they would attempt negotiations by communicating with those on-board.

An anonymous person made a valid point on another forum:

"Yes, sonic booms are heard roughly under the flight path of a plane travelling above the speed of sound, for as long as it is doing so, be that 100 miles or 1,000 miles.

What the OP is, I think, alluding to is the fact that if the Typhoon jets took off from their QRA duty at an Oxfordshire base (Brize Norton?), and they flew to the area around Bath (which is where the MoD claims the incident happened with the helicopter) then why was the 'sonic boom' heard, and felt, almost 100 miles north, in Coventry, and also in Staffordshire (even further north. I live in the West Midlands and it has been on the local news)?

The point is that the official explanation seems very suspicious. Go to Google Earth and you will see what I mean. If the jets were responding to a helicopter emergency around bath then they would have had a short, fast, and relatively low-level dash of only around 50 miles to get there. Would they have needed to go supersonic for 50 miles? Even if they did then why would the residents of Coventry and around Staffordshire have heard this? Even if the jets flew over those areas after the incident then surely they would not have been flying supersonic after it. They would only have been authorised to fly supersonic for the emergency situation.

Please, just go to Google Earth and explain it. I'd love to understand how this makes any sense."

With all of that in mind, you may still be inclined to brush it off. But about a month ago I saw a new slew of reports coming out of Coventry from residents stating they heard multiple loud booms and felt their houses shaking. Apparently it had even been mentioned on the radio. I was unable to find an official explanation for those incidents. And here we are again. End of December. Here are a few of the reports I've seen on Twitter today:

@kensthought
"Heard a loud bang just after 1am sunday in west coventry. don't know what or where."

@suetid
"@SkyBluesTalk we did in CV5 area again didn't take it, in any idea."

Mate it was just Cody dropping his kebab. It's the biggest Doner in the world.

Juniper

No clue as to what it is. But many incidents coincide with fireball/UFO sightings (not that I'm saying 'aliens' did it - just that unidentified objects were often noted around time booms were heard/felt). There was an incident here in the States where a man was actually detained for investigating it.

Here is the slew of mysterious events that happened along with the loud booms:
[video=youtube;AwsVLmfZsxk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwsVLmfZsxk[/video]

And here is the independent reporter's account of being detained for investigating those events:
[video=youtube;gP5rc0z7S5U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP5rc0z7S5U[/video]

Houchens Head

Hmmmmm........ and aliens actually landed at Roswell didn't they........... :thinking about:. Oh yeah, and the US Government blew up the WTC for Insurance money.

Juniper

Why would they need insurance money when they've created debt slaves out of us all? But yes, aliens aren't such a stretch if you think logically. You really think this is the only inhabited planet in a universe that goes on and on and on - with ends that can't even be seen? We should all sit and wonder why people poke fun at the concept of extraterrestrial life. The answer is conditioning. We've been conditioned to laugh at the idea. So then you have to wonder, why?

I make no presumptions about the cause of these booms. All I know is that it happened in my home-town and I never got any answers. And it keeps happening, all over. The answers that are given seem sketchy. Especially when these incidents keep occurring without explanation.

My suggestion is, if you're hearing these booms and if it's alarming you, document what you can. Do your own investigation. Be your own authority. And share your findings.

Juniper

A few reports less than an hour ago (all via Twitter) from the Beckton (London) area. If I'm correct, this is about 87 miles from Coventry?

@ReeceKness
Did anyone else hear that loud bang in Beckton ?

@Hiru_Nisha
@ReeceKness reece what the hell was that?

@ReeceKness
@Hiru_Nisha I have no idea, some loud bang came outta no where ...

‏@Hiru_Nisha
@ReeceKness yhhh that scared the living crap out of me, i thought the end of the work came a few days late, lool

@ReeceKness
@Hiru_Nisha loool you're crazy, I didn't know u lived in Beckton? :eek:

‏@Hiru_Nisha
@ReeceKness Lool. Nahh i don't but i live extremely close to it.

----
From Pembrokeshire (Wales) area less than an hour ago:

@beccaj96
just heard a really loud bang outside, #shitscared

Last edited:

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Actually now you mention it, I did manage to take this photo from my window moments after the loud bang (sorry for the bad quality, had to take the pic on my phone quickly as I didn't have time to run and get a decent camera)

alien.jpg

What do you think this means?

I have donated 50 bucks to Bob Powell to help his investigations, hopefully the truth will come out.

kdrinkell

I thought/think the sonic boom story was bollocks from the start,something is going on just what it is I'm at a loss.

Houchens Head

I WANT TO BELIEVE!

x_files_12.jpg

Marty

The government will always come up with new ways to control the population. I wouldn't bet against a government causing atrocities on their own for a bit more power. Poor & fearful people are easy to control.

Marty

They'll know what it is. The only way we'll find out what it is, is if they want us to know. I would rule out an alien lifeform. I do believe they're out there somewhere but don't think they have made contact or will any time in my life.

Lets face it, if we were to find intelligent life we wouldn't attack them, we'd observe for months possibly years. I would think aliens would do the same to us first before deciding on leaving us to destroy ourselves or make contact.

Otis

I thought/think the sonic boom story was bollocks from the start,something is going on just what it is I'm at a loss.

I think it was the end of the world and we are now all dead.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

skybluegod

They'll know what it is. The only way we'll find out what it is, is if they want us to know. I would rule out an alien lifeform. I do believe they're out there somewhere but don't think they have made contact or will any time in my life.

Lets face it, if we were to find intelligent life we wouldn't attack them, we'd observe for months possibly years. I would think aliens would do the same to us first before deciding on leaving us to destroy ourselves or make contact.

How would we know if aliens were observing us though for all we know that may be observing us right now ;)

Juniper

Well, the thing is, you can sit there and speculate as to what the cause is (because clearly it's not what the officials are telling you it is, something they are purposefully withholding from you) or you can be proactive and go out and investigate for yourself. Get a camera or some sort of recording device. Go outside when you hear the bangs. Observe the skies. Watch the horizons. Drive around a bit. Confer with neighbors/locals. Still seeing daily reports from all around your area. I retweet them on my Twitter account @tracesofjupiter.

Users who are viewing this thread