Louvre Attack (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Bloody hell :(

Would like to go to the south of france but no chance Im going to risk going there. Sad really.

Sub

one solider has a head injury apprantly and attack in serious condition WTF is wrong with these people.

rob9872

When I read this it reminded me of a film (not sure if Indiana Jones or Raiders of the lost Ark) where the guy is doing fancy tricks with his machete and Indy pulls out a gun and shoots him.

Apologies, I know it's not a trivial matter, but that's the image I get! :)

ccfc92

Hope not.

Would explain the heightened security here at the British Museum. Just came in about 30 mins ago and there's a lot of security on. :(

Unfortunately, that's how we have to be from now on. Always on high alert and high security :(

Sub

Came back from Rome at the weekend and there is army on the streets and the roads around the colluseum are blocked to traffic with army vehicles and all major attractions are guarded. Such a sad state of affairs and a sad world we live in.

Otis

Unfortunately, that's how we have to be from now on. Always on high alert and high security :(
Weird isn't it.

I am sitting here and have been thinking where I would hide if a gunman started opening fire. :(

Done it 2 or 3 times lately after attacks when I am at somewhere iconic or symbolic.

Very sad to think that way.

Sub

Weird isn't it.

I am sitting here and have been thinking where I would hide if a gunman started opening fire. :(

Done it 2 or 3 times lately after attacks when I am at somewhere iconic or symbolic.

Makes me wonder though how many innocent people would get injured if they did open fire to stop one person in such a crowded area. Hopefully most people would 'duck' or get down but you just dont know.
Although saying that you should never not go somewhere just becuase something might happen i had a great time in rome and the police army and people were all great and very friendly

richnrg

Came back from Rome at the weekend and there is army on the streets and the roads around the colluseum are blocked to traffic with army vehicles and all major attractions are guarded. Such a sad state of affairs and a sad world we live in.
although I suppose compared to what was going on inside the colluseum a couple of thousand years ago it's not as sad as it could be

eastwoodsdustman

I'm sure most of us are of an age where we can remember the IRA waging their terror campaigns across the country. Have we become more sensitive to it nowday's? The threat isn't any higher now that it was in the 70's and 80's I wouldn't have thought, if anything its probably less over here.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Weird isn't it.

It's always on my mind now, I seem to be on alert constantly.

I go to Germany a lot with the company I helped start and we are always throwing events. Every time I'm at one I always plan out different escape routes as soon as I get in so I can get out of there without hesitation should some shit hit the fan. I am on edge quite a lot to be honest.

Was the the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland over Christmas and that place just struck me as waiting to be attacked too. I had eyes in the back of my head the entire time.

Terry Gibson's perm

Weird isn't it.

Just use the wife as a shield Otis

shmmeee

Shame people are scared of these fucks it's exactly what they want. You are astronomically unlikely to ever be caught in an attack but your brain latches onto big scary events.

Where the fuck have all the normal people gone recently? Seems you're either far right nationalist or far right Islamist. I just want to get along :(

Otis

Shame people are scared of these fucks it's exactly what they want. You are astronomically unlikely to ever be caught in an attack but your brain latches onto big scary events.

Where the fuck have all the normal people gone recently? Seems you're either far right nationalist or far right Islamist. I just want to get along :(
I still go places. Doesn't put me off going, but it just plays on your mind a bit, so instead of sitting in the museum looking at the beautiful architecture I had one eye on the exits and hiding places.

Don't think it's any different to you going to a show and them telling you where the emergency exits are and cabinets crew on plans talking you through all the safety stuff.

LastGarrison

Been in Rome and Paris over the last couple of weeks and there was a noticeably high security presence in Rome which I never know is reassuring or disconcerting. Plus their silly feather in their hats ruins the look.

Paris much less so and although it was my first proper visit, and loved it and will go back, it certainly has a feel of an undercurrent to the whole city that something could erupt, which in fairness a lot of big cities do.

martcov

It's always on my mind now, I seem to be on alert constantly.

I go to Germany a lot with the company I helped start and we are always throwing events. Every time I'm at one I always plan out different escape routes as soon as I get in so I can get out of there without hesitation should some shit hit the fan. I am on edge quite a lot to be honest.

Was the the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland over Christmas and that place just struck me as waiting to be attacked too. I had eyes in the back of my head the entire time.

You are on edge....... I am on events 20 odd times a year in Germany and I am not too bothered. Having said that, the organisors have to put forward a safety concept. This is not just to do with terrorism, but it got stricter on events after the Love Parade disaster in Duisburg.

We had extra bollards put in on some summer fairs after Nice. Maybe there will be more barriers now after Berlin Christmas Market.

I am still a long way from running scared, but checking that there are sufficient escape routes at large events is always a good idea anyway - regardless of terrorism.

In Coventry in the 70s ( after James McDaid blew himself up outside the Penny Black ) and working at Gatwick Airport and in London in the 80s, I was more "on edge" than now.

Sky Blue Pete

Reading this book

We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed with Our Families - Wikipedia

800000-1000000 murdered in 3 months. Not sure we keep our eyes open enough to be aware of what takes place outside of our own western lives.

Tragic reading about neighbour turning on neighbour encouraged by the populist views and blaming that is starting in USA now

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good people to do nothing.

Sky Blue Pete

And it's not a surprise people are cross that the alleged Algerian man who had been given a fresh chance of a different future chose to throw that in the face of the people in the country offering it to him

eastwoodsdustman

Reading this book

We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed with Our Families - Wikipedia

800000-1000000 murdered in 3 months. Not sure we keep our eyes open enough to be aware of what takes place outside of our own western lives.

Tragic reading about neighbour turning on neighbour encouraged by the populist views and blaming that is starting in USA now

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good people to do nothing.

I have a chap that comes into my office who is from Rwanda and worked for the Red Cross at the time. I can't imagine the horrors that he witnessed and hope I never have to.

Gazolba

You can expect more attacks in Europe. Now that it is more difficult to get in the USA, they will be going to Europe instead.

martcov

You can expect more attacks in Europe. Now that it is more difficult to get in the USA, they will be going to Europe instead.

This whole thing is cosmetic- pure bullshit. The terrorists come from other countries or are home grown in the states. Trump says the states are in a mess. Relatively they aren't. It has been worse. He says he has to "fix" the world. It's not his job. He says Germany is in a mess. It isn't.

He is full of shit. He has already made the world a more dangerous place.

He is a clown.

clint van damme

Hope not.

Would explain the heightened security here at the British Museum. Just came in about 30 mins ago and there's a lot of security on. :(

you do realise that's because they knew you were coming! Toe curdling pun status red - attack imminent!

Sick Boy

Might go volunteer for me and my family to be blown up to get some parity

No need...they have been dehumanised to the extent that not many here seem to care.
Britain and its allies have been responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent men, women and children in the ME and some are still surprised that those who survived have been severely affected.
Still, as long as people over here have Facebook and all their othe shite, who really cares?

Gazolba

There were no attacks in the US from these countries. So, just as much risk as before.
Terrorists aren't fools. They'll go where it is easiest to go - Europe.

martcov

Terrorists aren't fools. They'll go where it is easiest to go - Europe.

Just as before the stupid ban in other words. Americans will go shooting each other as least as much as before the ban. Just shows that it is a deflection and does nothing to improve security.

Users who are viewing this thread