Love Island (1 Viewer)

Otis

Heard about it and it sounds truly awful.

I'm sure it's addictive, but if I watched it I reckon I would have to spray myself with insecticide afterwards.

It's on my list of avoid at all costs programmes.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I seen #jackanddani trending on twitter but was most disappointed that it wasn’t the Cockney rhyming slang

Mr Panda

Top quality television. You're all denying yourself great viewing by clinging onto your masculinity

Reactions: vow

Otis

Happy where I am thanks.

Bound sure to be very addictive. Was channel hopping this morning and caught about 10 seconds of Jeremy Kyle and lo and behold it was just before the big reveal and I thought I had better just watch a little while longer to see what the DNA result says.

I'm sure it's highly entertaining to some and highly addictive, but addictive doesn't make it automatically good.

Think I will stick with Westworld, the Santa Clarita diet, Humans and the Handmaid's Tale, thanks

Otis

Well that's my problem and why I am avoiding it. I know if I watch it I will keep watching to see what happens next.

NorthernWisdom

I know if I watch it I will keep watching to see what happens next.
Vacuous bints will meet vacuous blokes. There'll be the occasional non vacuous bint or bloke, but they'll struggle to adapt to the sheer inanity of it all.

Bints and blokes will couple up to try to win, there'll be mock tears, bikinis and six packs on overload.

Who needs to watch it?

Otis

Vacuous bints will meet vacuous blokes. There'll be the occasional non vacuous bint or bloke, but they'll struggle to adapt to the sheer inanity of it all.

Bints and blokes will couple up to try to win, there'll be mock tears, bikinis and six packs on overload.

Who needs to watch it?
I agree, but there's this car crash scenario feel to these sorts of things.

When I am driving I always look away if I see a crash, but a small part of me just wants the merest peek to see what is going on.

As I say, I hate Jeremy Kyle, but there is something compulsive and addictive about it.

I find these things drag you down to their level and try to appeal to your most basic instincts.

I used to watch EastEnders and now looking back I feel I was just totally wasting my time, but it hooks you in and we all want to see what happens next. I can be the same with a crappy film or a crappy detective series. You just want to see who did it.

Think I picked it up off my dad, who constantly watched crap all day and then moaned about it, only to then watch the same crap the next day again.

It's obviously a deliberate hook. They want you to return and come back for more of the same.

I know if I watched this Love Island I would hate it, but would I am sure, find it addictive.

Grrrr!!! Crappy TV drug!!!

Users who are viewing this thread