Lucas sad that ccfc don't run ricoh (6 Viewers)

stupot07

But not more?

Despite Wasps getting a bargain?

If I were in Joy Seppala's shoes, I would sell my fuckin' house to raise funds to get what Wasps got. Sadly the intent simply wasn't there

Yet Lucas gets the vitriol off those that would like to have you know that they hold Sisu mostly responsible, with Seppala getting an easy ride.....

Hang on your last post said...

When it was revealed Wasps were bidding for the Ricoh, why did Sisu not match or increase what Wasp were proposing?

they did match it. Now you're complaining they didn't offer more. Tbh, we all know that having already bought CCC's half wasps would have veto'd the deal in preference of their own anyway. Wasps always wanted 100%, a stance that has been confirmed by Richardson that there will be no change in the ownership.

All parties deserve vitriol, our club (and fans) have been screwed by everyone in this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

The Reverend Skyblue

That blog makes very much interesting reading. If true and SISu can get the blog writer who attended these meetings to make a statement to confirm this , can they use this in the appeal to show CCC had no intention what so ever to do a deal with them as they had been in contact with each other since 2012.

just a thought as that blogwriter seems as peed off about this as us fans who see CCC played a big part in this bloody debacle.

Sick Boy

That blog makes very much interesting reading. If true and SISu can get the blog writer who attended these meetings to make a statement to confirm this , can they use this in the appeal to show CCC had no intention what so ever to do a deal with them as they had been in contact with each other since 2012.

just a thought as that blogwriter seems as peed off about this as us fans who see CCC played a big part in this bloody debacle.

Those who carry on defending Wasps' move to Coventry show no regard for their fans they left behind yet at the same time bleat the loudest about us potentially going back to Sixfields.

Godiva

Maybe this deserve it's own thread?

covmark

I find it truly mind boggling that people think a club that's been here for 130 years should have offered more than what an out of town rugby club paid for it. If anything we should have got it for less than what Wasps got it.

shmmeee

I can't wait to see the snivelling excuses from the usual suspects afree Wasps wack our rent up. No doubt they'll believe that Wasps deserve it for putting up with ccfc.

Are things so bad were being angry about future hypothetical now?

Fucking Sisu selling Maddison for a pittance!

skybluetony176

Hang on your last post said...

they did match it. Now you're complaining they didn't offer more. Tbh, we all know that having already bought CCC's half wasps would have veto'd the deal in preference of their own anyway. Wasps always wanted 100%, a stance that has been confirmed by Richardson that there will be no change in the ownership.
All parties deserve vitriol, our club (and fans) have been screwed by everyone in this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

You see, to me that sounds like all the more reason to have bid more. Wasps would have either had to pay more money or be forced to use the veto. If you were never going to buy it you may as well take the piss out of those that have too. So why didn't they bid more?

shmmeee

That blog is literally some bloke saying "I have no proof but I reckon this happened"

Well admittedly it is assumption , but I think we can today see the answer. During this 5 month period from May to Sept 2012 I presume Derek Richardson was also unearthed being a colleague of David Thorne and options regarding the Ricoh Stadium were presented to the Wasps board, which at that time effectively would be Ivor Montlake and Mark Rigby.

I wouldn't hang your hat on it.

torchomatic

Thing is as long as it's scuppered SISU then who cares about the football club? Many on here certainly don't seem to.

I find it truly mind boggling that people think a club that's been here for 130 years should have offered more than what an out of town rugby club paid for it. If anything we should have got it for less than what Wasps got it.

Sick Boy

Thing is as long as it's scuppered SISU then who cares about the football club? Many on here certainly don't seem to.

To make it even worse we have council apologists, Wasp PR people and even our own supporters making excuses for a London team now playing Coventry. You'd think that on a CCFC forum our club would be the most important factor. Obviously it isn't and there are posters with multiple agendas on here.

skybluetony176

Are things so bad were being angry about future hypothetical now?

Fucking Sisu selling Maddison for a pittance!

You still bleating on about Madison? I can't believe we've just sold the premier leagues top scorer to Aston fucking Villa after completing back to back promotions and qualifying for Europe because of his goals? Still 2 million for a three season wonder is good business. ;)

Astute

They offered similar terms for Higgs share as wasps did.

They added clauses to the bid which included Higgs working with them. And as we all know Higgs had no trust in them after what happened over the years. We don't even know if they were offering to pay up for the Higgs share or like the last time wanted to pay over several years with no guarantee of funds. So the bid was nothing like the Wasps one.

torchomatic

A bit like the Prism of Measured Time Blog? The one that caused a creamathon with most on here.

That blog is literally some bloke saying "I have no proof but I reckon this happened"

Astute

Just like a couple of people on here that would then state it as a fact.

Moff

You still bleating on about Madison? I can't believe we've just sold the premier leagues top scorer to Aston fucking Villa after completing back to back promotions and qualifying for Europe because of his goals? Still 2 million for a three season wonder is good business. ;)

Playing for a like from Shmeee Tony. ;)

skybluetony176

It is a pleasure :D

Im just bored, the seasons been over a couple of weeks and we have to get past bloody Wimbledon before we even start training again. God I hate tennis.

You need to find a second spectator sport for the summer. I recommend motorsport myself. A great time of year to watch it.

Grendel

They added clauses to the bid which included Higgs working with them. And as we all know Higgs had no trust in them after what happened over the years. We don't even know if they were offering to pay up for the Higgs share or like the last time wanted to pay over several years with no guarantee of funds. So the bid was nothing like the Wasps one.

I think the wasps power of veto was the biggest condition of all..also Pwkh confirmed there were selling to wasps a month before the sisu offer came in.

Only a complete cretin would believe the deal wasn't done when wasps made the initial bid

There's a blog on this as well.

Grendel

Rossborough I am sure said at around the same time this happened. I will search for the quote.

Johnnythespider

JS48201367-Medium.jpg

Devastated.
Revenge for Marlon King ?

kg82

To make it even worse we have council apologists, Wasp PR people and even our own supporters making excuses for a London team now playing Coventry. You'd think that on a CCFC forum our club would be the most important factor. Obviously it isn't and there are posters with multiple agendas on here.

This is the thing. Apathy towards the club has hit the die hards. Or the idiots that band CCFC and SISU together - evil CCFC, well done council, hello wasps.

Grendel

Found something;

From Steve Chilton in the Coventry Telegraph and found on Twitter

The news that Wasps were buzzing round the Ricoh as a new home may been a thunderbolt to Cov rugby fans, but maybe not a total surprise to club president Peter Rossborough.

In a recent in an interview with Stuart Linnell on BBC Coventry & Warwickshire, Rossborough said that two years ago, he met Wasps owner Derek Richardson and discussed, very generally, how the two clubs might work together and the word “merger” was mentioned, albeit informally.

It came to nothing at the time but it adds another facet to the current most widely held views about Wasps moving in.

skybluetony176

Has she been to a game since she boycotted over that? The last time I heard Lucas interviewed on CWR when talking about being a CCFC supporter she always used the past tense.

Don't know for sure but I think she was going to the Gillingham game. She was certainly on CWR that morning bigging that occasion up.

chiefdave

In a recent in an interview with Stuart Linnell on BBC Coventry & Warwickshire, Rossborough said that two years ago, he met Wasps owner Derek Richardson and discussed, very generally, how the two clubs might work together and the word “merger” was mentioned, albeit informally.

I think that might be the same interview I was talking about yesterday. if it is it actually happened before Richardson took over at Wasps. Would seem to indicate that his plan from day one at Wasps was to move them despite constantly assuring their fan base it wouldn't happen.

Grendel

I think that might be the same interview I was talking about yesterday. if it is it actually happened before Richardson took over at Wasps. Would seem to indicate that his plan from day one at Wasps was to move them despite constantly assuring their fan base it wouldn't happen.

Yes because according to the Blog Eastwood has joined as CEO and it was a surprise and that this David Thorne guy was wanting Richardson in as an investor. The suggestion is that the Richardson investment would only happen if they could secure a fixed asset somewhere in the country rather then a rented home.

Step forward CCC.....................

Users who are viewing this thread