Luton manager at the Ricoh ? (1 Viewer)

Baginton

I read on another board Lutons new manager John Still was at the Ricoh yesterday on a scouting mission, even though they were playing away to Gateshead in Carlisle :facepalm: (Gateshead pitch is fooked)

anyboby see him and I wonder who he would be after, Bell return to Luton, Sheff return to Luton, Malaga good center half, McDonald ???

_66067136_pa-14320504.jpg

Nonleagueherewecome

Seems a bit..unlikely? Their game went ahead yesterday. They lost 5-1. If it's correct that the manager wasn't present, that's not going to look very good to the fans, even if they can't make the playoffs! Imagine if Pressley had been watching another match during the Walsall game, we'd not be happy.

Plus Still is renowned for his midweek scouting missions at non-league grounds, spotting the diamond in the rough-like Dwight Gayle, now banging them in for Peterboro in the Championship after Still spotted him playing for Stanstead in the Essex Senior League two years ago. He'll be looking for guys on the way up, not the way down.

covboy1987

I read on another board Lutons new manager John Still was at the Ricoh yesterday on a scouting mission, even though they were playing away to Gateshead in Carlisle :facepalm: (Gateshead pitch is fooked)

anyboby see him and I wonder who he would be after, Bell return to Luton, Sheff return to Luton, Malaga good center half, McDonald ???

_66067136_pa-14320504.jpg
If i were Pressley i would be worried John still might be after his job

Nonleagueherewecome

I don't really want Pressley fired, but I'd be happy if we'd hired John Still. Dagenham should never have been anywhere near the FL with their fanbase and budget. And boy can he spot a talent-Craig Mackail-Smith is another one, he was at our old mates Arlesey when he signed him for The Daggers. But I'd be amazed if he was to work as far "oop North" as here; his book of contacts revolves around the Greater London and Home Counties areas.

stupot07

Can't see why he would scout our game....unless he's gonna make a move for Wilson, who I don't think been offered a new contract yet?

Users who are viewing this thread