Luton Town (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Embarrassment to see them 'playing' in the Premier League.

Since defeat at Wembley I've not wanted to be bitter and say they've been on a great journey like we have but convinced we'd make a better show of it.

Fek em - will be a record low points I think.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

rob9872

I also think I'd rather have our coming season full of excitement, our new players and hopefully winning plenty of matches than playing at all times from Thursday to monday, getting smashed, being ripped off. It would be ok for one season but the novelty would soon wear thin.

napolimp

They've done brilliantly to get there, round of applause, and they'll be sorted financially for the next couple decades. But it is just going to be a race to the bottom between them and Sheff U.

SBT

I’m not sure we’d have done any better in the same two fixtures. (Although presumably we’d have at least been able to keep our home games from being postponed)

Brighton Sky Blue

For those that can't see pic.
Transfer spend since 1992 (Year Luton relegated from top flight)
Chelsea - 3 Billion
Luton - 30 million

Correct, but Chelsea have blown that money on a lot of average players for that division. They got beat by 10 man West Ham who themselves aren’t in great shape and the club is a bit of a mess.

Yeah we’d likely lose both games but I doubt we’d have spent 90 minutes trying to hack the opposition to pieces to make up for the lack of talent.

hamertime

I’m not sure we’d have done any better in the same two fixtures. (Although presumably we’d have at least been able to keep our home games from being postponed)
We would have done better because we had 2 genuine prem level players we would have kept and added to.

Sky Blue Pete

Embarrassment to see them 'playing' in the Premier League.

Since defeat at Wembley I've not wanted to be bitter and say they've been on a great journey like we have but convinced we'd make a better show of it.

Fek em - will be a record low points I think.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Not around in the 80’s then

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't get this gleeful gloating over Luton's predicted drop straight back down.
They didn't shithouse us in that final (we didn't turn up for a large part of it if you recall?)
I'd be delighted for them if they stayed up by goal difference on the final day.
Couldn't give a fuck for Sheffield United though.
It was terrible football compounded by a seeming ambivalence about them just having won the lottery afterwards. And the football they’ve used so far is to carry on hacking the opposition while hoofing it up to one of the brick shithouses up front.

Nah, not going to be rooting for that

clint van damme

Good luck to them.
As for this 'we'd make a better go of it'.

Maybe, but we wouldn't emerge from the end of the season with a new ground in the pipeline and the finance to pay for it..
If we did, I'd be quite happy if that was facilitated by spending next to nothing on players.

Travs

It was terrible football compounded by a seeming ambivalence about them just having won the lottery afterwards. And the football they’ve used so far is to carry on hacking the opposition while hoofing it up to one of the brick shithouses up front.

Nah, not going to be rooting for that

Should they change their tactics and play beautiful expansive football (and get smashed 6-0 every week), just because they got promotoed?

Or continue with their tried & tested style of play, which given the poor standard at the bottom of the premier league, might give them the faintest glimmer of hope of staying up.

Brighton Sky Blue

Should they change their tactics and play beautiful expansive football (and get smashed 6-0 every week), just because they got promotoed?

Or continue with their tried & tested style of play, which given the poor standard at the bottom of the premier league, might give them the faintest glimmer of hope of staying up.
They can do whatever they want. I'm just saying I find it garbage to watch and probably won't do them any better. They got smashed by Brighton anyway in trying to hack them off the pitch.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

They can do whatever they want. I'm just saying I find it garbage to watch and probably won't do them any better. They got smashed by Brighton anyway in trying to hack them off the pitch.
That same Brighton team that played all the football in the West Ham game who done a great smash and grab win .Each club has it's own way of dealing with it .I do think when Luton get to grips with this league they might surprise a few and get more than the 20 points predicted by many not saying they will stay up though That is a journey I wish we were having again There are some bad teams down there and thats where their points will come

Sky_Blue_Daz

I know I'm going to sound bitter and twisted but I hope they are relegated by Christmas

Terry Gibson's perm

I know I'm going to sound bitter and twisted but I hope they are relegated by Christmas

It won’t be long after if they aren’t, the best thing that can happen is they have a shocking season and get relegated and keep up that form next year and go to where they should be in league one.

Users who are viewing this thread