Match Thread Luton v Sunderland (1 Viewer)

Hobo

The reason why Luton are so good at home is because they have a very narrow pitch and their style of play suits this ground whereas when they played at Stadium of light, they were poor - the pitch is wide and Sunderland had acres of space to play their football.

If we win tomorrow, I fancy us against Luton on the Wembley pitch.

I thought first 15 minutes of first leg Luton were all over Sunderland. Then they became victims of their own frantic pace and got sloppy in possession. It took Sunderland awhile to get into the game.

Luton are always a threat in air at set pieces, not always our strong point.

slowpoke

Luton out muscled Sunderland, especially the set pieces, with the ball at their feet Sunderland moved the ball well passing wise but were never going to breach the Luton backline.

Macca

I thought first 15 minutes of first leg Luton were all over Sunderland. Then they became victims of their own frantic pace and got sloppy in possession. It took Sunderland awhile to get into the game.

The greatest teams always come good

CDK

Think the lack of experience killed Sunderland as they are the youngest average age in the division,to be fair they have given Mowbray a second coming.And fair play to him.

Otis

Think the lack of experience killed Sunderland as they are the youngest average age in the division,to be fair they have given Mowbray a second coming.And fair play to him.
Yup, he's done very well this time and they maintained their push too the end.

He's done well there.

He interesting to see how he gets on with them next season..

Mcbean

Mmm Clarke, Roberts and Diallo looked good but they couldn’t manage the Luton physicality - Var would have given a penalty for that handball and the one of the studs up tackles was a yellow minimum possible red - bring it on tonight 😀

Sky Blue Pete

Has been this year . Is it 4 goals from set pieces all year?

Evo1883

@MusicDating

Just like to say that your last 2 reactions took my reactions above my number of posts , its taken 10 years
Thanks Thank You GIF by BLKBOK

clint van damme

Isn't the corrupt wanker involved in the dodgy free port deal also a Houchen?
Must be some sort of monkey hanging dynasty up that neck of the woods.

CJ_covblaze

Isn't the corrupt wanker involved in the dodgy free port deal also a Houchen?
Must be some sort of monkey hanging dynasty up that neck of the woods.
It’s his nephew

Terry Gibson's perm

Mowbray’s second coming could be ending as he is likely to be sacked today, a bizarre move after getting them this far.

Boosh

If Godden doesn’t start we’re effectively playing for penalties. We will not win without him

Hobo

If Godden doesn’t start we’re effectively playing for penalties. We will not win without him
It sounds like you are banging the two strikers are better than one drum. In certain situations they aren't.

Hobo

Agreed. Not in this situation though
I think you need to frustrate them first before going for it. So I'm in the one up front camp. 0-0 last 25 minutes Godden, Wilson-Esbrand and Dabo with fresh legs of Sheaf .... Go for it

Hobo

I would agree with you if he hadn't have been so ineffective last time out

I don't think Godden was ineffective at all defensively. But I think Allen could do the role better. If we control the possession and midfield better, we may create more in and around their penalty area with Gyokeres, Allen and Hamer.

Otis

I don't think Godden was ineffective at all defensively. But I think Allen could do the role better. If we control the possession and midfield better, we may create more in and around their penalty area with Gyokeres, Allen and Hamer.
No, I mean in his forward play.

Allen is better at helping out the defence anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread