Maatsen recall? (1 Viewer)

MAFF

rumours chelsea could recall him due to chillwell doing his acl. would be a huge blow. no other left backs.

Greggs

transfer window open in a few weeks, chelski can will buy a new one for 80 million and send Maatsen back here., kane can cover until then.

Reppz

Doubt there is any truth in this, but I honestly wouldn't be too bothered if they did recall him. I think it's the only way (barring long-term injury) that Kane is guaranteed consistent playing time this season.

Tommo1993

Alonso, Christensen, Sarr, Chalobah, Thiago Silva, Azpilicueta. Although most of those would be out of position on the left. I think they have enough cover. They’ll also have their available reserves/youth to look at too.

Non story. With all due respect if they’re after the title, Maatsen isn’t the man.

Last edited:

Hertsccfc

I thought he was fantastic on Tuesday but no way would he be playing for Chelsea this season. Can you imagine him facing Salah or Mahrez?

slowpoke

I can’t see Maatsen seriously forcing his way into their first team but I can see why Tuchel would recall him for cover he certainly has faith in youth.

Jamesimus

I thought he was fantastic on Tuesday but no way would he be playing for Chelsea this season. Can you imagine him facing Salah or Mahrez?

No to be honest because he'd be up the other end of the pitch closer to the opposition goalkeeper 😂

I really like him, very positive and brave on the ball and got loads of energy.

Mucca Mad Boys

Highly doubt they’ll recall Maatsen. Chelsea will probably sign someone to be their 3rd choice LWB. Why stunt Maatsen’s development to play U23s football again?

Evo1883

Thought he was outstanding midweek .. he will stay and continue his growth here .. don't worry 😉

fatso

Decent player at this level, but I can't see him playing premier league for Chelsea, his red card against Brizzle just shows how far away from Chelsea's level he is.

Liquid Gold

People believe any old shit they read online.

Chelsea will take a long term view on his development as an asset and keep him here for a season of Championship football.

Frostie

People believe any old shit they read online.

Chelsea will take a long term view on his development as an asset and keep him here for a season of Championship football.

The same "source" claims they can recall him any time (i.e. don't need to wait until January) which is 100% incorrect so probably tells you all you need to know about this "rumour".

Mr Panda

Wouldn't they be more likely to recall Emerson back on loan from Lyon than Maatsen?

Obviously not taking into account whether recall options are there.

larry_david

Lads on here wanted us to recall him and put him in the first team a few weeks ago

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yep, classic modern day reaction. I'm not digging the guy, he's where he is to earn his chance and if he's out the team, he needs to work and improve to get in it. That's what the loan journey is all about. Billson will have to do the same when fit again, bapaga is in and out of grimsby and Burroughs is the same at Ross County.

Someone on twitter the other day was suggesting recall cashman and send to league 1. He's not even beaten league 2 yet!

Users who are viewing this thread