Maddison (1 Viewer)

blunted

Surprised if Maddison goes for £50million with his injury record, but there are some plonker owners in the Prem

Kilclines curly mullet

I think so yes. Someone did say something about England caps and starting games so not sure if we got anything there or even extras for World Cup where he went but didn't play or even on appearances or titles etc almost impossible to say without seeing the actual wording, but pretty much will have come to the end of it. I think we'll have had somewhere approaching 4-5m at the end which isnt too shabby for where we were at the time.
You could argue that £4-5 million kept us going through league 2 and league 1

Possibly one of the most important deals struck over the past few years.

Alkhen

Spunk the whole 15% of 15% on trying to persuade Hamer and/or O'Hare to sign a new deal. I recon Viks gone so would be nice to keep some of the bigger players around a bit longer. The rebuild is going to be huge in the summer

edgy

My understanding is that we have 15% of 15% above the last purchase price. Eg bought for 20m sold for 50m profit 30m. Norwich get 15% of 30m which is 4.5m, we get 15% of that which is 675k. Would pay a decent players salary for a year or 2/3 of a Martyn Wagehog

Not say you are right or wrong. Would like to know definitively whether sell on fees get passed on from club to club. Love it to be true but just doesn't seem like it would be.

Nuskyblue

Not say you are right or wrong. Would like to know definitively whether sell on fees get passed on from club to club. Love it to be true but just doesn't seem like it would be.
I guess it depends on what the club agreed but you would have to assume that any kick back Norwich get would be (more) profit meaning we’d get x%

Alkhen

We'll know when the next accounts come through I guess. I would imagine it would be fairly common practice for a buying club to offer a sell on clause on any future profit they would make. Especially to sweeten the pot and push through a deal for a highly rated youth player.

I doubt it would be anything more than a clause to say we are due a percentage of any future profit Norwich make form their sale of Maddison. So that would include any sell on fee Norwich make down the line.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Lester go down, we go up and we buy Madders for our return to the premier.

200.gif

Colin Steins Smile

We'll know when the next accounts come through I guess. I would imagine it would be fairly common practice for a buying club to offer a sell on clause on any future profit they would make. Especially to sweeten the pot and push through a deal for a highly rated youth player.

I doubt it would be anything more than a clause to say we are due a percentage of any future profit Norwich make form their sale of Maddison. So that would include any sell on fee Norwich make down the line.
I wonder if there were clauses in the sale to Doug King saying SISU would collect any money from sell on during their tenure? Hopefully not!

Users who are viewing this thread