Maddison (1 Viewer)

junglej13

Played 90 mins tonight. When should he be back in the first team fold and from the start or off the bench? For me he needs to be involved as soon as possible.

percy

woah there, nothing wrong with the setup as it is. i say we just need to integrate him into this team gradually and not expect to much to soon.

stupot07

I'd start him on Saturday. The front four have struggled to click in the last 2-3 games and we miss his calmness. But Mowbray won't rush him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

percy

I'd start him on Saturday. The front four have struggled to click in the last 2-3 games and we miss his calmness. But Mowbray won't rush him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

but the two before that yielded seven goals. i say we be patient with the lad and not put to much pressure on him

DazzleTommyDazzle

I think that he could make a big difference for us.

Teams are sitting deep against us and trying to close out the space, he has the ability to lose a man and play the "killer" pass.

Nick

Administrator
The thing is, if Oldham see how Sheffield United beat us and use the same game plan. Coming back from a broken ankle they might just target him, the first time he nutmegs somebody or takes it round them. SMASH :(

rob9872

Hypothetical but if selling him in January for £3M guaranteed promotion, woukd you take it? Could be worth £10M in 18 months, but is it worth the gamble. Not advocating selling him before anyone jumps on me, just wondering on opinions.

murden22

I'd build the team around him - play 3-4-3. We have such a dynamic midfield that we can sacrifice a defender at the back, allowing us to play Maddison up top with Arma and Tudgay. Tudgay will provide that strength we've been lacking in games like Sunday.

Gazolba

I'd build the team around him.

I don't think we should build a team around anyone because we don't know how long anyone will be here. Everyone should be seen as dispensible and replaceable.

Littlewood CCFC

Hypothetical but if selling him in January for £3M guaranteed promotion, woukd you take it? Could be worth £10M in 18 months, but is it worth the gamble. Not advocating selling him before anyone jumps on me, just wondering on opinions.

Personally no as he's such a talented footballer even at 19 years old. You would of thought our owners would cash in on him though if the offer was made.

Littlewood CCFC

I'd love for him to start but someone above mentioned what sheff utd done to us sunday, maybe oldham with give our players a good kicking too and one might just give his ankle a good kicking....

Nick

Administrator
I think that he could make a big difference for us.

Teams are sitting deep against us and trying to close out the space, he has the ability to lose a man and play the "killer" pass.

I think Lamieres played a couple on Sunday too, the only one who seems capable of those is JOB like the through balls he has played that have split defences open. Kent / Murphy just go for pace.

I think we could play with Lamieres for 60 minutes as he had a good game on Sunday, then maybe bring Maddison on for him.

Then again I don't know his fitness levels, if Mowbray thinks he is fit enough to start then I'd go with that.

standupforcity

I don't think we should build a team around anyone because we don't know how long anyone will be here. Everyone should be seen as dispensible and replaceable.

Also we are a TEAM...we don't play as individuals. The moment you build a team around an individual you lose the team cohesion..that would be a bad idea, although I can't wait to see Mad and Lameiras clicking again!

Covbaker96

Lamieres and Maddison together at the start of the season were on fire, they bring out the best in each other, i'd have them two starting maybe not Saturday but definitely Boxing day.

Nick

Administrator
Lamieres and Maddison together at the start of the season were on fire, they bring out the best in each other, i'd have them two starting maybe not Saturday but definitely Boxing day.

I think if we play those 2 we need JOB as well with them for the experience and the defensive side.

It would lose us a bit of pace though.

Covbaker96

I think if we play those 2 we need JOB as well with them for the experience and the defensive side.

It would lose us a bit of pace though.

You're right it would, but with arma up top playing on the shoulder both of the above mentioned would give him enough supply to bang the goals in, not saying it should all be put on the shoulders of AA but for 60/70 mins it would work then switch it up bring Kent and Murph on to add the pace while the opponents are tiring

Hobo

Lets get him fit and match fit first. No need to rush him back. Start him on the bench.

edgy

Bench.
Last 20 mins against Oldham.
Last 30 against Vale.

We're not desperate for his inclusion.

georgehudson

leave it in the perfectly capable hands of TM, he'll talk to all the right people, physio's, JM, etc.,
as regards the upcoming opposition, i hope TM, MV, & JC all talk with the FA about appointing officials who are fit for purpose,
NOT like those incompetent, myopic, oiks who failed abysmally to run the game on sunday

Old Warwickshire lad

Maddison is a young lad, he does not need all the pressure being put on him by fans who think he is the messiah. Give him a chance to get match fit, and don't expect miracles from the lad.

westofrayne

Maddison is a young lad, he does not need all the pressure being put on him by fans who think he is the messiah. Give him a chance to get match fit, and don't expect miracles from the lad.

Totally agree, there seems to be a expectation that he will walk on the pitch and play 3/4 killer balls in his first few touches. Give him time, he is a massive talent, but don't heap pressure on him.

Enjoy the next few months of him, cause that maybe is all we get, I hope not, but if the big boys come in with 3-4M, the club will most likely sell, sad but thats where we are.

Just hope he picks up somewhere near where he left off, watching the movement and passing v Millwall was pure joy.

Looking forward to Saturday.

Otis

I don't think anyone is heaping any pressure on him. Think we just all hope he comes back in and carries on what he was doing before he was injured, nothing more.

No-one is expecting him to walk into the side and win the game for us, so I don't think anyone does think he's the messiah.

Nick

Administrator
Totally agree, there seems to be a expectation that he will walk on the pitch and play 3/4 killer balls in his first few touches. Give him time, he is a massive talent, but don't heap pressure on him.

Enjoy the next few months of him, cause that maybe is all we get, I hope not, but if the big boys come in with 3-4M, the club will most likely sell, sad but thats where we are.

Just hope he picks up somewhere near where he left off, watching the movement and passing v Millwall was pure joy.

Looking forward to Saturday.

You are right, we should ease him in gently without any expectation.

Users who are viewing this thread