Maidstone Tickets (2 Viewers)

steveo1987

Greetings from a Maidstone fan. After season ticket holders and executive boxes had their share, we sold the remainder of 4500 Ipswich tickets in less than two hours with hundreds turned away. I know of some who missed that game who are planning to travel, but many will be put off due to being a school night. Very much looking forward to visiting Coventry; one of about a dozen clubs I’ve not visited. Not expecting to win, but do hope our players put on a good performance. Whatever the result, they will get the standing ovation they so richly deserve.
Such a shame its not a Saturday or Sunday, hopefully you enjoy a good day out but not too good of course, I regularly watch Brackley Town around "3pm" Cov games which are non existent right now, ironically my 3pm games are away with the trip to Stoke on Saturday. Brackley are my local team but am Cov born so season ticket holder for 50yrs, good luck , love the cup , this is a big one around all the bluster of resting players, a serious shot at a semi final. Enjoy as it doesn't come around that often for both clubs.we Park at Byatts brewery BTW, you will be made welcome for sure.

NWS

Such a shame its not a Saturday or Sunday, hopefully you enjoy a good day out but not too good of course, I regularly watch Brackley Town around "3pm" Cov games which are non existent right now, ironically my 3pm games are away with the trip to Stoke on Saturday. Brackley are my local team but am Cov born so season ticket holder for 50yrs, good luck , love the cup , this is a big one around all the bluster of resting players, a serious shot at a semi final. Enjoy as it doesn't come around that often for both clubs.we Park at Byatts brewery BTW, you will be made welcome for sure.
Hehe, heh...I'm appreciative of my fellow Maidstonian's choice of board name. Unlike him, I am the real deal.

Make no mistake. There is a degree of nervousness here about getting a ticket. Many of us are looking forward to it. We don't do this very often.

Our best cup games have been Watford away, Sheffield United away, Charlton away (then a replay at ours) and Ipswich (where we won!). The obvious pride of place is winning a second replay at Gillingham in 1980.

We will enjoy Coventry but it will be our last game, I suspect. If Ipswich had shot straight we'd have been 4 down after 15 minutes.

Hopefully, we will sell our tickets (and I'll get one!) and come create the great atmosphere we created at Portman Road, without falling off the roof!

NWS

I don't think people realise just how big Maidstone is. We're not playing Fleetwood or Forest Green, Maidstone has a population over nearly 180,000 people. A following of 4000 is certainly a possibility.

I worked with someone from Maidstone about 10 years ago, not long after they moved to the new stadium. Their fanbase grew massively from literally a few hundred to 1500. It's a good little stadium with a hardcore support.

Give it 10 years and I think they could be a decent League 2 club. It's a big town in a region devoid of football clubs.
In 1997, I noted from a local paper that we had been reborn (I lived in Newbury then). I saw my first game (for the reborn side) when we beat Guru Nanak 3-0. For a couple of yearsvwe usually had a crowd of 50-100 and we played on a pitch behind our old ground. A roped off park pitch. In 1999 we got our senior status back. In 2001 we moved to playing in Sittingbourne. We had about 300 at home games. Apart from a couple of years at Ashford we stayed like that until 2012 when we got the Gallagher stadium. Our opening game was against Brighton's championship side (Gus Poyet kicked off). There were 4k there (I commentated for Stoneslive - we have had our own radio station for years). In the Gallystad years we've risen from Ryman to as high as National League (and back to national south). In the cup last year we lost 1-0 to Needham Market who were two leagues below us. What a difference a year makes!

SkyBlueCharlie9

Funking plastic wannabees.
They can't be arsed to follow their own team on one of the greatest cup runs in their history.
They have a chance to make history 2 wins from Wembley but still can't motivate their fans.

Honestly, why do they bother.
Thats not fair and living in the town I know loads of 'Stones' fans. Maidstone got 4k regularly last season in NLand have been improviing gradually over last few years with a good chairman.. They are quite big in NL terms and have potential.
Also they played outside the town for over 10 years as they didn't own a ground. They have a young, family orientated fanbase. (with a few chavs on the fringes... but we all have that..... don't we Fatso!)

fatso

Thats not fair and living in the town I know loads of 'Stones' fans. Maidstone got 4k regularly last season in NLand have been improviing gradually over last few years with a good chairman.. They are quite big in NL terms and have potential.
Also they played outside the town for over 10 years as they didn't own a ground. They have a young, family orientated fanbase. (with a few chavs on the fringes... but we all have that..... don't we Fatso!)
Let's just hope they don't get to Wembley, it will look shit with less than 4k Maidstone fans. But that's OK if they've played outside the town for a bit, It's not like any other team has ever done that now is it?

pusbccfc

Let's just hope they don't get to Wembley, it will look shit with less than 4k Maidstone fans. But that's OK if they've played outside the town for a bit, It's not like any other team has ever done that now is it?

Maidstone would take a lot more than 4000 to Wembley 😅

Not NWS

Don’t worry authentic NWS, I’ll get you a ticket if you know who doesn’t come through. Excellent summary apart from one minor detail. Think it was 2200 for Brighton. The ground has been expanded several times while turning a profit every year. Quite an achievement. In the unlikely event of another giant killing we might get another stand to spark wet dreams of football league. We do have a few new young idiots, but hopefully Ipswich can testify to our being a good natured bunch.

Robinshio

as regards the game, I am expecting Maidstone to hold strong for 15 minutes, and then an onslaught - would be disappointed if we do not score 7 - 10 (depending on when MR begins to rest players)
Maidstone play at a very low level of football - they may even score a goal as it is the biggest game of their lives but if i was a betting man, would probably go 7-1 as a correct score

skybluericoh

Don’t worry authentic NWS, I’ll get you a ticket if you know who doesn’t come through. Excellent summary apart from one minor detail. Think it was 2200 for Brighton. The ground has been expanded several times while turning a profit every year. Quite an achievement. In the unlikely event of another giant killing we might get another stand to spark wet dreams of football league. We do have a few new young idiots, but hopefully Ipswich can testify to our being a good natured bunch.
Sadly we all have some idiots, some more so than others, but most of us are ok. Hope you have a good day/ evening out. The atmosphere at the CBS is good most of the times. If you were playing anyone else I would be rooting for you, but hope you understand that in this game I be hoping that we see some of our players that are in need of a confidence boost getting in amongst the goals

jordan210

as regards the game, I am expecting Maidstone to hold strong for 15 minutes, and then an onslaught - would be disappointed if we do not score 7 - 10 (depending on when MR begins to rest players)
Maidstone play at a very low level of football - they may even score a goal as it is the biggest game of their lives but if i was a betting man, would probably go 7-1 as a correct score

0-1 maidstone then

Spider

Maidstone fan here. Personally I think we ll take 2,000 tops for a number of reasons those being it’s further than Ipswich and it’s a Monday night. Shame it wasn t on the weekend or I would have gone.

Not NWS

Not that it means anything because they are all guaranteed tickets, but the first queue for season ticket holders was slightly longer than for Ipswich. And they were still limited to two per person, which they wouldn’t do if they were not confident of selling them. But only time will tell.

HadjiChippo

Can definitely see Maidstone getting a goal as we can’t keep a clean sheet for shit at the minute.

Don’t disrespect them with a second string though or we’re asking for trouble. Can’t bollocks up this chance of a quarter final draw.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Can definitely see Maidstone getting a goal as we can’t keep a clean sheet for shit at the minute.

Don’t disrespect them with a second string though or we’re asking for trouble. Can’t bollocks up this chance of a quarter final draw.
I wouldn't grudge them a consolation provided we put them to the sword.

Robinshio

Team who lost in the play off final versus team bobbing along in the 6th tier who have already had their big day out

I would start with a similar team to yesterday with Tavares for Godden and Kelly for Torp, When we are 5 up, we can then bring the kids on

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Please don't start stuff like this. It's always hard to score against a team really really trying. Hopefully we can break through fairly early on before any pressure to score builds.

Gynnsthetonic

They are still playing at home on the Saturday before (24th Feb), they are 4th in the league going for promotion so will not rest players and visit us 48 hours later. At least we get the extra day and a bigger squad to choose from

Alan Dugdales Moustache

How many of the 20k season tickets have bought for this game I wonder...

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk
I forgot the deadline today 😞

Mcbean

Let’s hope it doesn’t rain and we get the same shit entry we had for the SW replay - chaos caused by ticketmaster soggy tickets !

pusbccfc

Far, far more have been sold to the point of season ticket seats being open compared to the replay last week.

I'm fact, I'd say twice as many sold compared to the general release for the Wednesday game.

HadjiChippo

Hope we get a good turnout, don’t wanna look tin pot on’t tele

It’s mad that they’re gonna play a game more than us in the next week and a half (3-2) , and have less time between their last game and the cup game, and then have to travel to ours too. We really have no excuses going into this one.

CV22SBA

Far, far more have been sold to the point of season ticket seats being open compared to the replay last week.

I'm fact, I'd say twice as many sold compared to the general release for the Wednesday game.
Yeah, although i'd say still 10K didn't bother as lots of blue dots where ST's normally are.

Users who are viewing this thread