Man Utd protest (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

looks like they are running the with the plane idea that was touted on here for us to do at a game / sporting event

David Moyes will face the press this afternoon amid reports of a protest calling for him to leave Manchester United.

According to widespread stories in Friday's national newspapers, a group of United supporters has paid for a plane to fly over Old Trafford on Saturday trailing an anti-Moyes message.

The message will reportedly read 'Wrong One: Moyes Out' in answer to 'The Chosen One' banner which continues to fly inside the stadium despite heavy home defeats to rivals
Liverpool and Manchester City in the past month.

jimmyhillsfanclub

looks like they are running the with the plane idea that was touted on here for us to do at a game / sporting event

David Moyes will face the press this afternoon amid reports of a protest calling for him to leave Manchester United.

According to widespread stories in Friday's national newspapers, a group of United supporters has paid for a plane to fly over Old Trafford on Saturday trailing an anti-Moyes message.

The message will reportedly read 'Wrong One: Moyes Out' in answer to 'The Chosen One' banner which continues to fly inside the stadium despite heavy home defeats to rivals

fair enough....especially as my original idea was to fly the "Send us to Coventry" banner over the manc. derby.....until I discovered it was a night game....

...Still...it appears the Trust don't want to spend any of the fans fighting fund on fighting.....despite the fact that Sisu/Otium spokesmen have made it abundantly clear that the SB Trust are viewed as a boil on the backside...

If we did it now, it would just look like we were copying the moaning mancs....

...never mind eh....

Happy Friday everyone.

skybluetony176

fair enough....especially as my original idea was to fly the "Send us to Coventry" banner over the manc. derby.....until I discovered it was a night game....

...Still...it appears the Trust don't want to spend any of the fans fighting fund on fighting.....despite the fact that Sisu/Otium spokesmen have made it abundantly clear that the SB Trust are viewed as a boil on the backside...

If we did it now, it would just look like we were copying the moaning Cockneys....

...never mind eh....

Happy Friday everyone.

Corrected that for you, you're welcolme ;)

Last edited:

Otis

City fans would do the same, although it would be a fly over by a carrier pigeon and we wouldn't be able to afford all the lettering, so it would probably read as 'Come back ho.'

torchomatic

Good idea. What else is the Trust's "fighting fund" for?

Brighton Sky Blue

This is Coventry. In Coventry you can buy a house for £800 and most of us can't afford a house.

£800 doesn't sound bad at all though. Will anyone sponsor me to fly on one of the wings?

Someone must be sponsoring Tim not to shave, so we might already have the £800.

SunZoomSpark

Moyes is ruining our club....thanks for the call billy from St. Albans

If you support a club purely on their success you will overly pissed off they are not winning as much...different world to us entirely

Monners

Do you think they will be able to find Manchester - long way from the arm chair and Stansted Airport (predictable joke no. 2):claping hands:

Last edited:

wingy

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26782112

They NEED to protest this travesty. Moyes is ruining Manchester United's reputation and legacy. Doesn't Moyes realize he is singlehandedly jeopardizing the entire Premier League financial structure????*

*(Please read as sarcastically as humanly possible)

Yes heard a quote from Scudamore around how It's bad for the Prem .

Brought this up on here a few weeks ago .

Do you think should the worst ever happen they would change the rules ,Gartside tried It he new what was coming Boltons way.

It's virtually a closed shop now ,would'nt take much to close the door .

rupert_bear

About 1989 I was at Old Trafford for a United v Cov game, we won, Gary Bannister scored. I was in amongst United fans in their main stand and they were vicious in their hatred for Alex Ferguson so much so a couple got chucked out by the police, one told me in the bar at half time he wished he could swop Fergie for our John Sillett. Shame we didn't.

Colin1883

Current champions... Sitting in top half of the prem... Champions league football... Players like Rooney vp etc... It must be hard supporting a team in that much turmoil.... Bless em

letsallsingtogether

So the Trust should spend half of its fighting fund so the likes of you can say Ha look what a waste of money for one event that only Sixfields fans will see?
Good idea. What else is the Trust's "fighting fund" for?

JohnWH

How about a plane that says "SUPPORT COVENTRY INSTEAD" that flies around every Villa home game?

georgehudson

my primary concern is for Coventry City,
it is thus, equally vital,
for the governance of football, world wide, to be properly run,
we have to start somewhere, & imho, that is for the FL, FA, etc., to get their act together,
right & proper ownership of clubs is essential

letsallsingtogether

But it is all the Trust fault?

my primary concern is for Coventry City,
it is thus, equally vital,
for the governance of football, world wide, to be properly run,
we have to start somewhere, & imho, that is for the FL, FA, etc., to get their act together,
right & proper ownership of clubs is essential

letsallsingtogether

Nothing to do with fault it is more to do with feeling guilty blaming others for your actions.

Funny how Sisu do that after every decision?

It depends on which side of the fence you are on. Ask SISU. They will tell you that everything is their fault if it isn't the fault of CCC.

bigfatronssba

If we were to do anything like that I would like to see it over Wembley on cup final day. That would give maximum exposure.

thaiskyblue

About 1989 I was at Old Trafford for a United v Cov game, we won, Gary Bannister scored. I was in amongst United fans in their main stand and they were vicious in their hatred for Alex Ferguson so much so a couple got chucked out by the police, one told me in the bar at half time he wished he could swop Fergie for our John Sillett. Shame we didn't.
was there too , "ferguson out chants ", were ringing around the ground, which was no where near full, how things change.

Brighton Sky Blue

Who do I feel more sorry for, these hard done by glory hunters or Richard Scudamore for the damage to his precious 'brand'?

ccfc92

Unfortunately the footballing world will feel sorry for poor little man u. Those that hate man u will obviously revel in it. But the fact that moyes/man u get a back page spread daily since he took over, it's gonna be talked about constantly. Thursday after we won, we were crammed into the top corner. Nobody cares about ccfc but about 500 million "care" about man u unfortunately :(

Seaside-Skyblue

I personally think they all need a reality check. First time that they've suffered any set backs in a long time and they're protesting. If half of them supported the town / city they were actually from rather than picking a top four club out of a hat when they were deciding which team to support, they'd know what a real setback is. Not sure I've ever met a man utd 'fan' from Salford itself. I get the usual, my dads, aunties, postmans grandad was from Manchester so that's my "genuine" reason for supporting them. They have it comfy in the wider context compared to us. Not bitter or anything..... :)

ccfc92

I personally think they all need a reality check. First time that they've suffered any set backs in a long time and they're protesting. If half of them supported the town / city they were actually from rather than picking a top four club out of a hat when they were deciding which team to support, they'd know what a real setback is. Not sure I've ever met a man utd 'fan' from Salford itself. I get the usual, my dads, aunties, postmans grandad was from Manchester so that's my "genuine" reason for supporting them. They have it comfy in the wider context compared to us. Not bitter or anything..... :)

Completely agree :)

D

Deleted member 4232

What a flop it was. They were made out mugs as Moyes said right before the game, "the money could have been better spent on Steven Fletchers charity". Moyes 1 - 0 spoilt supporters

hill83

What a flop it was. They were made out mugs as Moyes said right before the game, "the money could have been better spent on Steven Fletchers charity". Moyes 1 - 0 spoilt supporters

Whilst an amusing thing for him to say I'm sure Rooneys £300k a week could also have been better spent.

Users who are viewing this thread