Many Thanks Tim/SISU et al............. (1 Viewer)

............ for denying me and 10,000 other CCFC fans witnessing some of the best football played by a Sky Blue team over the last 10+ years. Thanks to your intransigence and unwillingness to see common sense we have to endure this Sixfields nonsense for up to five more years whilst the fan base gradually disappears.

There is time to end this posturing and brinkmanship and TALK, NEGOTIATE and at least SETTLE for returning to the RICOH at least for this season. Gates would by now be approaching 15,000 + thus totally eclipsing the current paltry attendances.

FFS - do SOMETHING !!

sweeno70

The Football league sent me this, it states if we do not agree to return to the Ricoh then the future will be in the Coventry area !!! NOT COVENTRY !!!

Ian,

Thank you for your email.

Football League regulations give the Board the discretion to consider requests to move location bearing in mind the particular circumstances of the case. In this instance, the Board sought proof of funding relating to the building of a new stadium and evidence that a process for finding an appropriate site was already under way.

The information provided by Otium satisfied the Board in this regard.

The League Board has given Coventry City permission to play its matches at Northampton Town for the next three seasons. This term can be extended for two further periods of 12 months if the club can demonstrate sufficient progress towards the building of a new stadium in the Coventry area.

Should the club not comply with this timeframe, the matter will be considered by The Football League Board at the relevant time. It is, however, reasonable to suggest that Coventry City’s ongoing participation in our competition would be at risk.

The Football League expects the long term future of Coventry City to be in the Coventry area. In an ideal world that would be through an agreement between Otium and ACL that would see the Club return to the Ricoh Arena.

Thank you for contacting The Football League.

Regards,

Andrew Pomfret

Customer Services Officer

The Football League Limited

J

Jack Griffin

So basically SISU will stay away for 3 years, posture about building a stadium, they'll have to buy some land but they won't actually put money into building a stadium & then they'll start inventing more excuses to extend the period to 5 years, daring the FL to expel City from the league at that point. Meanwhile they'll run CCFC at breakeven & hope the ACL begs them to return to the Ricoh..

That is what I think will happen... but the danger is that ACL will find an alternative use for the Ricoh Stadium & SISU will then pull the plug on CCFC.

steveo1987

............ for denying me and 10,000 other CCFC fans witnessing some of the best football played by a Sky Blue team over the last 10+ years. Thanks to your intransigence and unwillingness to see common sense we have to endure this Sixfields nonsense for up to five more years whilst the fan base gradually disappears.

There is time to end this posturing and brinkmanship and TALK, NEGOTIATE and at least SETTLE for returning to the RICOH at least for this season. Gates would by now be approaching 15,000 + thus totally eclipsing the current paltry attendances.

FFS - do SOMETHING !!

Explain......

Reasons for being denied seeing ccfc play.
Lack of money?
Unemployed?
Can't drive?
Not old enough to drive?

You could always go on a coach.go on a train,lift share with someone.i cannot see how you and 10k others are being denied.

thaiskyblue

The Football league sent me this, it states if we do not agree to return to the Ricoh then the future will be in the Coventry area !!! NOT COVENTRY !!!

Ian,
the football league are a joke.........

Thank you for your email.

Football League regulations give the Board the discretion to consider requests to move location bearing in mind the particular circumstances of the case. In this instance, the Board sought proof of funding relating to the building of a new stadium and evidence that a process for finding an appropriate site was already under way.

The information provided by Otium satisfied the Board in this regard.

The League Board has given Coventry City permission to play its matches at Northampton Town for the next three seasons. This term can be extended for two further periods of 12 months if the club can demonstrate sufficient progress towards the building of a new stadium in the Coventry area.

Should the club not comply with this timeframe, the matter will be considered by The Football League Board at the relevant time. It is, however, reasonable to suggest that Coventry City’s ongoing participation in our competition would be at risk.

The Football League expects the long term future of Coventry City to be in the Coventry area. In an ideal world that would be through an agreement between Otium and ACL that would see the Club return to the Ricoh Arena.

Thank you for contacting The Football League.

Regards,

Andrew Pomfret

Customer Services Officer

The Football League Limited

Sky Blue Pete

Explain......

Lack of money?
Unemployed?
Can't drive?
Not old enough to drive?
You could always go on a coach.go on a train,lift share with someone.i cannot see how you and 10k others are being denied.
Home games not in Coventry!!

But also Sunday is family and church day

fernandopartridge

FFS - do SOMETHING !!

On the other hand, thanks for putting together the team that play great football and supporting the manager.

skybluetony176

On the other hand, thanks for putting together the team that play great football and supporting the manager.

that credit goes to SP and SP alone. this is a move that so easily could have back fired on shitsu and we could have ended up doing a portsmouth and going down without a fight.

so again, well done SP.

RegTheDonk

So basically SISU will stay away for 3 years, posture about building a stadium, they'll have to buy some land but they won't actually put money into building a stadium & then they'll start inventing more excuses to extend the period to 5 years, daring the FL to expel City from the league at that point. Meanwhile they'll run CCFC at breakeven & hope the ACL begs them to return to the Ricoh..

That is what I think will happen... but the danger is that ACL will find an alternative use for the Ricoh Stadium & SISU will then pull the plug on CCFC.

Yep, gits. I wouldn't think they would pull the plug though Jack...surely that would mean losing a shead load of money. If the Ricoh finds an alternative tennant, then they would have to either go through with the insane plan or sell the club to someone else.

SISU are horrible, but they aren't stupid. They'll find some way to claw a few quid back.

L

longjohnskyblue

Thats right because they bought all these new players - oh hang on a minute they are cov kids and were born in the area! How much exactly have sisu paid on the academy (bearing in mind that the FA fund the academy!)

Warwickhunt

So where would you put the other 10,000 in a 7,000 capacity stadium.
Well if we actually tested this theory out I wonder what the response would be from the club owners etc

ccfc_Tom

They put together the team by getting rid of all our best players of the years until we were forced to use the academy. Yes its gone well so far but they didnt know it would.

Spionkop

Steveo, 1,789 should tell you everything you need to know. & a third of that figure are giveaways.
Wave the white hanky why don't you.

skybluetony176

Explain......

Lack of money?
Unemployed?
Can't drive?
Not old enough to drive?

too high in moral fibre, thats my excuse.

fernandopartridge

They put together the team by getting rid of all our best players of the years until we were forced to use the academy. Yes its gone well so far but they didnt know it would.

They've finally realised or being forced into realising that we must use our academy. For too long they were happy to waste money on pointless signings (look at the number of players they used last season, completely unsustainable)

ccfc_Tom

They've finally realised or being forced into realising that we must use our academy. For too long they were happy to waste money on pointless signings (look at the number of players they used last season, completely unsustainable)
In the championship we were getting rid of players that would have kept us up and pushed on. When wilson, christie , thomas leave either on frees or sold in jan you wont be praising them

andyboy81

We have had some quality players through our team in the last 6/7 years but of course, SISU have never invested in the team have they?? - Note the fucking tone!!!!

Have a look at the transfer history since SISU came in, EVERY season there has been some investment in the playing staff despite making fuck all in revenue.

People see what they want to on here.

andyboy81

In the championship we were getting rid of players that would have kept us up and pushed on. When wilson, christie , thomas leave either on frees or sold in jan you wont be praising them

Tom, do me a favour and list the players that have been sold/released that you have a problem with

RegTheDonk

We have had some quality players through our team in the last 6/7 years but of course, SISU have never sold any players have they?? - Note the fucking tone!!!!

Have a look at the transfer history since SISU came in, EVERY season there has been some selling of the playing staff to balance making fuck all in revenue.

ccfc_Tom

Tom, do me a favour and list the players that have been sold/released that you have a problem with
Gunnarsson, King, Jutkiewicz, Bigi , Turner . then even dann/fox sale where money just wasnt invested back into the squad. Were ready to offload thomas (for next to nothing im sure). Im sure theres more i just cant think right now

Last edited:

andyboy81

We have had some quality players through our team in the last 6/7 years but of course, SISU have never sold any players have they?? - Note the fucking tone!!!!

Have a look at the transfer history since SISU came in, EVERY season there has been some selling of the playing staff to balance making fuck all in revenue.

Who then Reg?? At least give examples rather than just making random statements!!

andyboy81

Gunnarsson, King, Jutkiewicz, Bigi , Turner . then even dann/fox sale where money just wasnt invested back into the squad. Were ready to offload thomas (for next to nothing im sure). Im sure theres more i just cant think right now

Ok....

King - Contract offer made, apparently agreed between club and player. Went to Birmingham for ALOT MORE MONEY and better promotion chance
Jutkiewicz - 1.5m (ish) to Middlesborough, more potential to get to Premiership.
Bigi - Are you REALLY saying that we could have stopped a team the size of Newcastle from taking him?
Dann - Left to play i the PREMIERSHIP - couldnt stop that
Fox - Left to play in the champions league (in theory but didnt work out for him). Now playing in the premiership.
Turner - Cant remember the deal so not gonna comment on it
Gunnarson - Cant remember the deal

From looking at the deals above I don't think there was too much that the club could have done to keep them. Of the 7 players 4 are now in the Premiership one has just been relegated but will be back there next season one way or another. Juke is a class striker who's team are a million miles from where we are going and finally Marlon, good as he is there was a massive amount of supporter who didnt want the fucker here when he was playing for us!!

Sorry and all the wages on these players - which is a fair few pounds were p[aid by SISU when they were haemorrhaging money month in month out beacuse they had 0 revenue from playing at the Ricoh

Last edited:

RegTheDonk

To be fair Andy, initially they did put some money in with Fox and Dann, and a new manager ... but before the ink had dried they lost their bottle and started to sell.

Ones that spring to mind which helped in the downward spiral would be Turner, Juke, Tab, Bigi ... and thats just the ones we can put a figure on with all SISU's "undisclosed" fees for lads like Gunner, Best, Fox, etc. I would imagine more than we paid for them a la Scott Dann.

Then you've got the loans which could have made the difference at the time - King, McG etc - could have made a difference in relegation and promotion if they had invested like you reckon they have.

In SISU's defence, they done what a lot of us would do to save money. Downscaled.

Lets re visit this thread in Jan ... see if they keep Wilson and Clarke once someone makes a sensible offer for them.

ccfc_Tom

Ok....

King - Contract offer made, apparently agreed between club and player. Went to Birmingham for ALOT MORE MONEY and better promotion chance
Jutkiewicz - 1.5m (ish) to Middlesborough, more potential to get to Premiership.
Bigi - Are you REALLY saying that we could have stopped a team the size of Newcastle from taking him?
Fox - Left to play in the champions league (in theory but didnt work out for him). Now playing in the premiership.

From looking at the deals above I don't think there was too much that the club could have done to keep them. Of the 7 players 4 are now in the Premiership one has just been relegated but will be back there next season one way or another. Juke is a class striker who's team are a million miles from where we are going and finally Marlon, good as he is there was a massive amount of supporter who didnt want the fucker here when he was playing for us!!

Sorry and all the wages on these players - which is a fair few pounds were p[aid by SISU when they were haemorrhaging money month in month out beacuse they had 0 revenue from playing at the Ricoh
Bigi said cov is his dream club and he was in first team, im sure he would of stayed if offered bit better contract and asked to stay
Middlesborough are no bigger than us and sold him when he was our only notable striker
Dann/Fox - my issue was the no reinvestment not where they went
King - he wanted a 3 year deal which we didnt give him - thats why he left
turner - 500k , ridiculous deal, was turning into a top championship player
Gunnarson - wouldnt better his wages, don't now how we wouldnt offer a contract that would keep players like that yet offer someone like dave bell a 5 year deal?

'which is a fair few pounds were p[aid by SISU when they were haemorrhaging money month in month out beacuse they had 0 revenue from playing at the Ricoh'
Were making no money now either in northampton and losing out? We'd at least be in championship still and making more money off that if we kept more players over the years

andyboy81

Look, I aint a SISU fan cos although I have gone Sixfields I agree its total bullshit that we are there. I just think that too many people feel you have to be either one side or the other with regards to the SISU v ACL/Council. Both sides have well and truly fucked this club up however only one side are the ones getting hammered.

sky blue john

Ok....

Your buddies surely haven't spent 70million on wages for above said players is this what your refering to as wise investment your applauding !!!!

RegTheDonk

Andy, just following on from your reply to Tom...re. King, he wanted an extra year on his contract. At the time, he was a proven goal scorer and the crowd loved him. SISU didn't want to match Brum's price. Brum, ffs, they moan they get crowds as low as we do.

The rest of those players, you seem to resign yourself to the fact we couldn't stop them moving onto bigger clubs, the prem etc. The simple fact is, regardless of who came in for them, they were under contract to play for us. SISU simply cashed in and showed no ambition.

We could run around in circles all day, looks like we'll just have to agree not to agree on SISU investing. I'm not saying they haven't, but historically they've always sold to limit the expense.

RegTheDonk

Look, I aint a SISU fan cos although I have gone Sixfields I agree its total bullshit that we are there. I just think that too many people feel you have to be either one side or the other with regards to the SISU v ACL/Council. Both sides have well and truly fucked this club up however only one side are the ones getting hammered.

I don't think anyone here has said you're a SISU fan andy. IF you want to go to sixfields, then go. Support the team.

You need to pay for the ticket, but how about not having a pie, pint and programme? It could be NOPPPM.

Astute

Ok....

Kept waiting for a contract to be offered. SISU offered him one whilst on holiday. Got offered 2 years by Brum and 1 year by SISU.

Only player scoring goals for us in the season we got relegated. Sold him in the Jan transfer window. Under a longish contract. This sale got us relegated.

For how cheaply they got a player of his talent yes.

Under contract and sold cheaply.

Sold very cheaply.

Sold for peanuts considering his quality.

Another decent player where they stalled on offering a new contract. Got compo for him as he was under 25.

And who did they sign two seasons ago when nearly the whole 1st team left/were sold at the start of the season? We were left with a lot of kids. We got relegated. Or did you forget?

andyboy81

Bigi saying we were his dream club is more a case of convenience for him when his family came over than actually being a supporter. Do you really think when he was having a kickabout in Burundi/Uganda he was wearing a Cov shirt pretending to be Keith Houchen?? He's like every other kid over there supports one of the big teams, difference was when his family moved over here he was close enough to run over to the academy and beg for a trial. Sure if he moved to Colchester he would be saying the same thing.

I wasnt talking about Middlesbrough being BIGGER than us, I was talking more about promotion potential and they have been improving when we have been falling away. Just had a quick look, at the time we were relegated, Middlesbrough finished 7th. Don't get club size and current potential mixed up. If that is the case how the fuck did Wigan stay in the Premiership for so long whereas Forest and Leeds have struggled to get out of the championship??

Dann / Fox - I think we got royally fucked over with the fox deal as he was sold on so quickly and maybe the money wasn't reinvested properly However we have brought in players on good wages since they left the club albeit loans or free transfers. This all costs serious money which at a time when the club get 0 revenue has come out of somebody's pocket.

King - We gave him a chance and I do believe he stabbed us in the back. But that's football.

Users who are viewing this thread