March from the Green man. (1 Viewer)

Adge

I see they are organising a march at 1pm from the Green man to arrive at Wembley stadium at 1-30pm.
Anyone marching?

Adge

Psb group giving details tomorrow about it.

Adge

I want to enjoy the day, not get caught up in stuff which might just ruin it.. I'm all for protesting, although I don't think we've found the right way to do it yet. But not on this day. What we want is 42,000 plus voices getting behind the team!
Yeah me too-pitch invasions and abandonments save for the Walsall game.

NorthernWisdom

I'm all for protesting but Sunday is the one day we are able to enjoy being a cov fan
See I'd argue the opposite. Imagine, for example, 42,000 city fans not entering the stadium until kick off time, forcing it to be delayed and throwing TV schedules up in the air, whilst also tipping a nod to the boycott of the competition.

There's little will there however, and no call to arms for a proper protest so... it won't happen.

Nick

Administrator
See I'd argue the opposite. Imagine, for example, 42,000 city fans not entering the stadium until kick off time, forcing it to be delayed and throwing TV schedules up in the air, whilst also tipping a nod to the boycott of the competition.

There's little will there however, and no call to arms for a proper protest so... it won't happen.

Surely tipping a nod to a boycott of the competition is a bit pointless when going into the game after?

fernandopartridge

What does 1pm and 1.30pm symbolise? There is usually some silly gimmick attached. Or is the walk from the Green Man going to be timed at 34 minutes? For every mile between the Ricoh and Sixfields or some nonsense like that?

Nick

Administrator
What does 1pm and 1.30pm symbolise? There is usually some silly gimmick attached. Or is the walk from the Green Man going to be timed at 34 minutes? For every mile between the Ricoh and Sixfields or some nonsense like that?

Just symbolises Nigel trying to get on Sky Sports.

Just seen this:

‘Fight till the game has won’ group

It's like kids making gangs and thinking up names and job titles.

MatthewWallis

Well it's better than the fact 70k+ makes the entire boycott redundant, and just gives ammunition to more B team infiltration in the future...

Not really. 99% of attendances have been poor, one well attended game will not make the change a success.

NorthernWisdom

Not really. 99% of attendances have been poor, one well attended game will not make the change a success.
Gives an easy and obvious example to point to though. Nobody will notice the others, they'll just look at a record attendance for a final and say boy, we must have more of this kind of thing see, we were right.

Hurrah for the top flight and Sky!

But it was never going to happen, was it. Proves again boycotts are a bit futile.

Imagine though, 42k Cov fans in gimp masks with inflatable Joys.

torchomatic

Mine is the Lee Burge Way Group.

We meet often, discuss loads of ideas but no one can agree so we just kick them into touch.

Adge

Mine is the Lee Burge Way Group.

We meet often, discuss loads of ideas but no one can agree so we just kick them into touch.
But before that we fumble the ball around the six yard box for a bit!

Steve.B50

Am walking that way to the Stadium anyway and more than happy to join in any march that shows our plight.
Rather see something outside than inside so we can all enjoy the day.

Captain Dart

Can we get a group together?

Can I suggest the "playing the Yakubu way" group, we turn up after it's all too late and do fuck all.

Who's in?
I'd be there but for a calf strain I got walking to the car.

pusbccfc

That's the time I'd probably head to the ground anyway. Should be a good atmosphere.
Count me in.

scubasteve

well I was going to have a drink at the green man before the game, I might avoid going there now. what's the point having a protest walk on a cup final day, I can really see sisu deciding to sell the club because a bunch of blokes on the piss walked from a pub to a stadium, top idea.

Steve.B50

Well lets do nothing at all and let them think everything is fine.
I cannot imagine it will make any difference but it will make some of us feel better.
(By the way I am not drinking)

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Oh, and whilst we're at it, my group is 'The Kyel Reid Foundation'.

Basically, I won't be fucked to turn up to any of the meetings, but i'll still keep everyone's subs each week.

Then, when things are already beyond repair, i'll turn up at Ryton and pile all the bricks in the back of my new car, only to sell them on for my own personal gain, without giving a shit about anyone else.

I'll also make a big impact out of nowhere just before Wembley, so I can have a bit of the glory and get noticed before going on to start another foundation somewhere else next year which will earn me even more subs for doing even less.

Astute

well I was going to have a drink at the green man before the game, I might avoid going there now. what's the point having a protest walk on a cup final day, I can really see sisu deciding to sell the club because a bunch of blokes on the piss walked from a pub to a stadium, top idea.
Is this your protest about a protest? I can't see a bunch of blokes on the piss not walking from a pub to a stadium because someone changed where he was going to have a beer.

skyblueinBaku

Users who are viewing this thread