clint van damme

May 3, 2015
someone has just tweeted he's dead. Not sure if true.

Edit: Seems it is. Paddy Considine just tweeted it as well.

dancers lance

Feb 12, 2013
Knew it was coming but I’m still gutted
The Fall where never really my "cup of tea" my Brother is gutted, Mark was one of his musical heroes, I understood him more as I got older, he never gave an inch and didn't care who he pissed off, one of music's true hell raisers.

Reactions: jimmyhillsfanclub

ccfctommy

Jul 24, 2008
I am gutted. Only really got i to them when i was about 18, 12 odd years ago. One of a kind dosent even begin to describe him.

RIP

dancers lance

Feb 12, 2013
I posted in the "Worst gig you've ever been to" thread that The Gorillaz at Glasto 2010 was one of mine but I forgot about Mark E Smith staggering on stage to give the most "I couldn't give a fuck" guest appearance I have ever seen, he held out a piece of paper with the lyrics on it (and even then didn't really bother) then started twiddling the knobs on Keith Jones amp until he had a scuffle with the sound tech's, brilliant.

Johnnythespider

Jul 13, 2011
wyken on the naze
I posted in the "Worst gig you've ever been to" thread that The Gorillaz at Glasto 2010 was one of mine but I forgot about Mark E Smith staggering on stage to give the most "I couldn't give a fuck" guest appearance I have ever seen, he held out a piece of paper with the lyrics on it (and even then didn't really bother) then started twiddling the knobs on Keith Jones amp until he had a scuffle with the sound tech's, brilliant.
"Which ways north from here"

Reactions: dancers lance

jimmyhillsfanclub

May 31, 2012
here
Just popped in to add my respects to this.

I was never the biggest fan of the Fall.......75+ albums worth of material & I probably like 25-30 songs......but I fucking love about 15 of those.

Saw the Fall live twice......I was wrecked on both occasions so cannot remember too much about either gig.

BBC 6 music has an extra special indie feel to it today though.......and I'm still very glad that when he told us to "hit the north".....I did.....and I'm still here !

RIP M.E.S

Users who are viewing this thread