mark robins (1 Viewer)

Evans020

hats off to mark robins

Applause to yourself and your coaching staff..however you look at it he is turning this club around slowly but surely..
Oh and that's a 50% win ratio now :) .
Roll on Swindon play up sky blues

Last edited:

Ccfc1979

He makes changes during games that other teams have consistently made against us, making us lose umpteen games in last ten mins plus injury time. A PROPER manager at last.

SkyBlueRuffian

We'd be rock bottom under Thorn.

Theres no doubt Robins is turning us around slowly but surely, big test on Saturday though, Swindon are my tip to go up as Champs.

TheHellion

Makes you wonder if we would have been relegated under Robins...

We may well have had a better chance. Certainly, Robins has so far been exactly what we need. A manager who can be pro-active, rather than reactive. Maybe last season that was more difficult because our squad wasn't as big as our rivals, but certainly this season we let early points go because we took too long to react to things. Now, we have somebody who can recognise where the problems may be and who can make moves to correct them before they become major issues.

Paxman II

Settle down everyone. I think results are key and if we win (no matter how) confidence will grow) but I was suprised he fielded a full strength side tonight risking injury ahead of Saturday? Thought we may have seen Cody up top and Hussey and Christie given a start, possibly Wood rested. Remember Mcgoldrick will likely go ack to Forest in January.

He took a risk in my view. It was York a division below us and I think any periation from our squad would have got a result there.

Still it paid off, though I think Wood is injured and someone else?

bazzacv4

About time we had a manager that knew what he was doing,i know it was only york but does anyone know when the last time we scored 4 goals in a game?

stupot07

Settle down everyone. I think results are key and if we win (no matter how) confidence will grow) but I was suprised he fielded a full strength side tonight risking injury ahead of Saturday? Thought we may have seen Cody up top and Hussey and Christie given a start, possibly Wood rested. Remember Mcgoldrick will likely go ack to Forest in January.

He took a risk in my view. It was York a division below us and I think any periation from our squad would have got a result there.

I think he might have been tempted to makes some changes had we'd playing well...but although we've picked up 7 points in the last week we've been pretty poor. You only get form by playing which is why he didn't make wholesale changes.

RichieGunns

Also remember Robins is only allowed to make 5 changes from the side that won at the weekend!

It's a pre requisit that your team be a strong one.

It stops clubs fielding their reserve team etc

pusbccfc

Putting Baker as Captain has proved a good decision.

Big Mo

Why do people seriously think forest want mcgoldrick back? He's a laughing stock there and the fans hate him. I'm more concerned that another l1 of lower champ team may buy him

Otis

I know some appeared to be against his appointment, but as soon as his name was announced as being on the shortlist he was always the best candidate for me and the one I wanted at the helm..

So far he's been like a breath of fresh air. Long may it continue.

Be great now to go on a good unbeaten run and Saturday has now become a massive, massive game for us. Come away from that with at least a point and then follow that up with another win and then perhaps we can begin to believe it will be a very good season.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I would say that so far he is handling a tough appointment very well

He has obviously set out his stall with the players..... you get the impression that they clearly understand the standards he expects. Better still he has convinced the players to buy into it. I dont think he will shirk dealing with anyone who steps out of line either though.

Equally I think he has made it clear to TF & SW what he wants, needs and expects at the club. He has the experience knowledge and confidence to do that

He speaks well when interviewed and demonstrates a fairness and understanding thats coupled with a real determination to do well. He doesnt over react one way or another, it may come across as a little dour but that is what the squad needs right now, stability and a sense of direction.

He isnt afraid to make a footballing decision. He makes early substitutions, puts players in different positions (Clarke and Hussey for example). He keeps it simple and plays it to the players strengths. He doesnt seem to get hung up on formations and square pegs in round holes.

He is certainly the man in charge but you get the feeling he is building a team, a togetherness.

Next few games will test what he has started to build however.

Very early days, so not getting carried away and it could all go wrong but so far well done MR

Diehard Si

I think we've been lucky with a run of easy games. It's allowed us to get some results, some goals, some clean sheets and some belief

We are not suddenly world beaters though. We've not really played that well yet. But that can come. It's a long slow process.

We've stopped conceding silly goals. We were scoring the odd goal before but conceding 2 or 3. Now the odd goal ( bar last night against poor opposition ) is getting us wins because the defence is doing better.

Next step is working on the attacking play and getting more goals.

Good solid progress, but we're not there yet.

covcity4life

I think we've been lucky with a run of easy games. It's allowed us to get some results, some goals, some clean sheets and some belief

We are not suddenly world beaters though. We've not really played that well yet. But that can come. It's a long slow process.

We've stopped conceding silly goals. We were scoring the odd goal before but conceding 2 or 3. Now the odd goal ( bar last night against poor opposition ) is getting us wins because the defence is doing better.

Next step is working on the attacking play and getting more goals.

Good solid progress, but we're not there yet.

perhaps but were crew,shrewsbury,carlisle really hard run of games? we are improving no doubt.

Diehard Si

perhaps but were crew,shrewsbury,carlisle really hard run of games? we are improving no doubt.
They were easy too.

Carlisle was his first game after 2 days in charge and I didn't feel we deserved to lose that.

The Shaw losses to Shrewsbury, Crewe, Stevenage and Tranmere are what might hurt us this season.

Sacking Thorn after 3 games was supposed to be a swift action. Not hiring a new boss for 6 matches after then wasn't. That's potentially 9 or 7 points out of 12 squandered.

aodea

I think the games can hardly be called easy. the way we have been playing no game is easy. Fior example how many feared we would struggle at York? Even after first half people are thinking we are going to struggle but there was no panic we went out and thrashed a side who we should be expected to beat but you still have to do it. Swindon will be a difficult game and a draw would be a great result. we have to understand that its going to take a long time for Robbins to get the team on the same tune. he has however seemed to make us hard to beat and thats a great start. I think the chances of throwing away lead after lead under robbins are greatkly reduced. He preempts situations and makes changes when needed as opposse to reactive changes that Thorn made.

What we have to do is not get carried away with this run or visa versa jump back on a negative ship that results in booing of players slating robbins etc.

we will not go the whole season unbeaten from this point nor will we go many games without a win. I am worried about hpw bad our start was. Basically we are looking at a 36 game season and we need to get 2 points on average a game and with robbins we will be capable of this but any room for mistakes and a few games bad run is now gone after disaster start.

I am happy noot because we are flying, but because we are stable and its been awhile simnce we have been off life support.

SBS

I wish our fans would stop referring to games as 'easy'. The start of the season shows that no team is going to roll over when they play us. Every game is a battle in this league, there is nothing 'easy' about it.

Diehard Si

I wish our fans would stop referring to games as 'easy'. The start of the season shows that no team is going to roll over when they play us. Every game is a battle in this league, there is nothing 'easy' about it.

It's 'easier' to call them 'easy' games than to call them 'potentially winable given the stature of the 2 clubs involved, the respective form of the players and team alike as long as nothing goes wrong' games

Users who are viewing this thread