Marlon King (1 Viewer)

woody11462

Bit of ex player news. James Nursey reporting on twitter that as Birmingham haven't been able to release Zigic or sell Butland, Marlon King has been told he is likely to be moved on. One for the off topic section. No chance he will be coming here but i wonder if he will match his wages at his next club.

Last edited:

Covstu

my friend is a brum fan and they were in uproar when the club rejected an approach for Clark their manager!! Basically he was saying King will need to go to raise funds but the compo from clark could have done that job!

AFCCOVENTRY

Brum are in a complete mess financially.

Then again there aren't many clubs these days that are...

Surprised they can't sell Butland to anyone though.

wingy

Brum are in a complete mess financially.

Then again there aren't many clubs these days that are...

Surprised they can't sell Butland to anyone though.

Guess its Valuation,other clubs know they have to sell + I think he's stated he won't go anywhere to warm the bench.

Marty

Can you imagine having a-on form King in this side. We'd be unstoppable. :p

CarpyCov84

Would he drop down ? He still must be local wages wise would be the struggle but no doubt in this side he would score for fun

Linky Dink
King told he can find new club
Marlon King is one of a host of Birmingham's players told they can find new clubs, due to the club's financial restraints.

The 32-year-old joined Birmingham in 2011 from Midlands rivals Coventry City and has scored over 30 goals since arriving - and is currently top-scorer for the club.

But Birmingham are struggling hugely financially, and are understood to have told a number of players that if they find a new club - they would be able to leave.

Indeed Sky Sports understands that King could leave on a free transfer, despite have 18-months left on his current deal.

Whilst King is settled at St Andrews and is happy, a host of clubs have been alerted to the fact he could be an option.

Former club Wigan, Norwich, Cardiff, Blackburn, Bolton and Nottingham Forest are thought to be monitoring his situation.

Along with King is it thought that the futures of big names such as Jack Butland, Nathan Redmond, Chris Burke and Nikola Zigic are very much up in the air.

CJparker

Shows how bleak things are for the bluenoses that they have to "move on" their top-scorer. He's been great for them this season.

Forget about him coming back - if we can't afford DMC's wages we'll never get King back.

Still think he's good enough to sneak into the England side during an injury crisis - shame he's bollocked that up by playing for Jamiaca :facepalm:

RichieGunns

If we offloaded Richard Wood (rumoured to be on 6k), also having got rid of Hussey (3k?) and maybe got one or two others off our wage packet, I think realistically we might be able to get Marlon King back.

I for one wouldn't have a problem with this. If he could bang in the goals like he has been, he'd be a perfect replacement for Goldie and if Robin's changed his formation ever so slightly, he could accomadate both L. Clarke and King in the same formation.

Add to that the fact we're also scoring goals in other areas of the pitch (Midfield, Defence etc) and that adds up to a receipe for goals if ever i saw one!

kg82

I wouldn't have him back. I don't think Robins would either. Pretty sure MR is of the opinion we need 2/3/4 players, getting rid of a few in the process. Getting King, I would suggest, would compromise the chances of getting others.

Also, it's not just King! I've just heard the whole blues team has been put up for sale!

Savonumber1

I would rather have Mervyn King that this joker back at the Ricoh, we are not as desperate now as we were when we signed the criminal!

kg82

Just heard that myself! How much shit are they actually in?? Is it shit as in Portsmouth shit?

To be honest, I've been surprised how long they've gone without massive fuss since all the stuff with Yeung? Not sure it's as bad as pompey yet, but this isn't a good sign for them!

Stevec189

According to the Daily Mirror King is on 18K per week Zigic on 35K! . 18 K is what DMC earned at Forest according to a mate of mine who supports them.

I think if we can get promoted this season and if Marlon hasnt found a new club by them there could be a chance of him coming back. He loved City and only left so he could have a shot at promotion, you cant blame him for that. I'd love him to come back as he was the most prolific striker we've had for years. Goldie may have been good in League 1 but Marlon was top notch in the PL and Championship. It just depends if SISU will accept his wage demands this time

Grendel

I think if we can get promoted this season and if Marlon hasnt found a new club by them there could be a chance of him coming back. He loved City and only left so he could have a shot at promotion, you cant blame him for that. I'd love him to come back as he was the most prolific striker we've had for years. Goldie may have been good in League 1 but Marlon was top notch in the PL and Championship. It just depends if SISU will accept his wage demands this time

He has scored a total of 9 Premier League goals is ageing fast and only ever signed as he loved AB.

Users who are viewing this thread