Matty godden (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Yes you have, made yourself look a tit with the Palmer injury stuff and then made yourself look a dick joking about his family emergency.

Have I? I don’t see anyone but you and a certain other poster (who strangely you never see to correct on “comprehension”) shedding faux outrage giving a fuck

Oh Ian Wallace

He has goals in him and red hair

PVA

Have I? I don’t see anyone but you and a certain other poster (who strangely you never see to correct on “comprehension”) shedding faux outrage giving a fuck

Oh Ian Wallace

He has goals in him and red hair

Well that confirms you don't know what comprehension means 🤣

Grendel

Well that confirms you don't know what comprehension means 🤣

Oh I know exactly what it means

In your forum world its a same meaning as bang on the head

PVA

He has. Did wonder if playing with somebody other than Gyokeres would help him, and currently it's looking like it is.

(Not, of course, that that in any way suggests we're better without Gyokeres, for the hard of trolling!)

He and Wright linked up well at times today 👍🏻

covcity4life

Here's some other stunning revelations:
I don't come to grendels defence emuxh but he is right that godden is a different player so far this season

He was anonymous alot of games last year hardly touching the ball. If we all knew this the godden we getting no one would want him moved on

wingy

He's gonna be out of the team with a hip injury shortly and enough with the prima Donna's because someone else takes a shot that missed by a couple of feet.

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

stupot07

Fair play, 2 in 3 in the league and long may that continue. Works hard but was anonymous for most of the game, but scored the crucial goal. Always said that if he is scoring we can afford to to carry him in possession.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Astute

I don't come to grendels defence emuxh but he is right that godden is a different player so far this season

He was anonymous alot of games last year hardly touching the ball. If we all knew this the godden we getting no one would want him moved on
He is the same player.. other than no injuries so far this season and the team not being set up for Gyokeres.

Godden is a penalty area predator. We are now playing a more attacking game. All set up for him.

Wanting to get rid of Godden in the closed season knowing that Gyokeres was being sold so we would have to change the way we play is nearly as bad as calling for a taxi for Robins each time we lost a few games.

Grendel

He is the same player.. other than no injuries so far this season and the team not being set up for Gyokeres.

Godden is a penalty area predator. We are now playing a more attacking game. All set up for him.

Wanting to get rid of Godden in the closed season knowing that Gyokeres was being sold so we would have to change the way we play is nearly as bad as calling for a taxi for Robins each time we lost a few games.

I guess your I Follow was not available in darkest France last season - his levels are totally different

Evo1883

Fair play, 2 in 3 in the league and long may that continue. Works hard but was anonymous for most of the game, but scored the crucial goal. Always said that if he is scoring we can afford to to carry him in possession.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
I don't understand the anonymous argument really , looked around the league at the amount of touches other strikers are having and can't say I see your argument at all , generally strikers seem to be averaging 19 - 31 with 1 or 2 exceptions .. hardly ground breaking compared to goddens 23 today.

I was at the game , didn't look anonymous to us in the stands , must have been an ifollow issue

Last edited:

hamertime

Now he’s getting a chance to play he will score goals. A natural finisher who can also play football. Doesn’t need a little hug and a dummy just cracks on.

fatso

Now he’s getting a chance to play he will score goals. A natural finisher who can also play football. Doesn’t need a little hug and a dummy just cracks on.
After his fingers in the ears celebration last week, it was nice to see him acknowledge the fans today when they sang his song after the goal.

It was also good to hear the SBA outsing the sheepshaggers in their own back yard.

clint van damme

I don't understand the anonymous argument really , looked around the league at the amount of touches other strikers are having and can't say I see your argument at all , generally strikers seem to be averaging 19 - 31 with 1 or 2 exceptions .. hardly ground breaking compared to goddens 23 today.

I was at the game , didn't look anonymous to us in the stands , must have been an ifollow issue

His game is about finishing and working the back line.
And he worked his socks off yesterday closing down.
I think people questioning him had legitimate concerns givien his age and injury record because his finishing has been off and he looked lethargic but he's proved the doubters, including me wrong, long may it continue.

skyblue1991

He is looking a much sharper player than last season already

Un-droppable at the moment, long may it continue! The younger strikers need to take note, especially when they've signed for big transfer fees

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Deity

His game is about finishing and working the back line.
And he worked his socks off yesterday closing down.
I think people questioning him had legitimate concerns givien his age and injury record because his finishing has been off and he looked lethargic but he's proved the doubters, including me wrong, long may it continue.
We are 3 matches in …. It’s a long season. We can judge his contribution and Wright and Simms much later in the campaign.

skybluecam

And to think, some people actually wanted to see Simms and Wright upfront today.
Thank fuck that didnt happen.
We've spent 10+million on two strikers who couldn't hold a candle to Godden. (Yet)
Not really much nuance to that thinking. Godden is a poacher, doesn’t add much to our overall play in the way that the movement of Simms or Wright do. No surprise that his three goals have been two one touch finishes and a penalty.

Evo1883

Not really much nuance to that thinking. Godden is a poacher, doesn’t add much to our overall play in the way that the movement of Simms or Wright do. No surprise that his three goals have been two one touch finishes and a penalty.
You think simms moves more than godden ? Where ? Show me

Godden came shorter for the ball from Thomas, held it up and played it out wide , the ball came into wright who touched it and godden ran onto it .. he was directly involved in his own goal build up

skybluecam

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

Il take that as you don't have an argument .
It was a joke about dancing 🤣

The second bit was serious. He/Wright are foils that Godden can play off. It’s not that they can’t hold a candle, just they’re playing different roles. I still expect to see those two starting together eventually.

Hertsccfc

This is ridiculous. Godden's movement is excellent. OK he is not the fastest but his work rate especially this season can't have been bettered by anyone. Simms has looked lethargic to be honest. Not hating on Simms but he has a lot of improvement to make to get anyway near Godden's level.

covcity4life

It's goddens shirt to lose. He deserves it. Even someone like me that wanted him relegated to 3rd in pecking order can admit that.

I would say that comments like wright and Simms are not fit to hold a candle to him are silly though.

We are 3 games in. Who knows how this season unfolds? Maybe godden scores 25 as we get promoted. Maybe wright and Simms establish themselves as starting 2 majority of season as we get promoted.

Either way as long as ccfc are doing well not sure why any fan wouldn't be happy.

Evo1883

It's goddens shirt to lose. He deserves it. Even someone like me that wanted him relegated to 3rd in pecking order can admit that.

I would say that comments like wright and Simms are not fit to hold a candle to him are silly though.

We are 3 games in. Who knows how this season unfolds? Maybe godden scores 25 as we get promoted. Maybe wright and godden establish themselves as starting 2 majority of season as we get promoted.

Either way as long as ccfc are doing well not sure why any fan wouldn't be happy.
Think some of us are just happy that some people , who forget we can see their posting history, are being made to look like floofs .. not you

covcity4life

Think some of us are just happy that some people , who forget we can see their posting history, are being made to look like floofs .. not you
Yeah that's fair enough and god knows I would be doing the same. I like to think I've always come across as rating godden but wanting the squad to upgrade means more to me. If he can be part of that upgrade that's even better. Right now seems he can.

Users who are viewing this thread