"May the odds be ever in your favor" (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

If City was a contestant in The Hunger Games, it would have been badly wounded in the opening seconds of the Games.

It would have had its arse kicked on numerous occasions - not by much mind you - but still, arse kicked - and it would be constantly snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. The sponsors would have promised much, and delivered nothing but empty promises, "We hope to deliver a first-aid kit soon."

It would have put up a brave fight towards the end. But it would lose every key battle which would have turned its fate.

To quote Haymitch from the film when giving some pre-game advice:

Face the probability of your imminent death, and know that there's absolutely nothing I can do to help you.
May the odds be ever in your favor? I fear they were never in our favor as far as CCFC was concerned.

Yes SISU, I'm looking at you.

Last edited:

Puck

If City was a contestant in The Hunger Games, it would have been badly wounded in the opening seconds of the Games.

It would have had its arse kicked on numerous occasions - not by much mind you - but still, arse kicked - and it would be constantly snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. The sponsors would have promised much, and delivered nothing but empty promises, "We hope to deliver a first-aid kit soon."

It would have put up a brave fight towards the end. But it would lose every key battle which would have turned its fate.

To quote Haymitch from the film when giving some pre-game advice:

May the odds be ever in your favor? I fear they were never in our favor as far as CCFC was concerned.

Yes SISU, I'm looking at you.

*Favour.
This is England

Users who are viewing this thread