Mcfadzean (chapter 2) (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

Has been immense in last couple games. Strong in air, good in tackle but most importantly for me he leads from the front and organises those around him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint van damme

he's been great this last week, but despite all the flapping about scoring goals we still have the 2nd worse defence in the league but have scored more than 6 other teams so defence is definitely an area that needs improving.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I felt Hyam's poor form was more to do with him not having a rest. Sure, he has limitations, his speed especially, but I can see no reason why anybody wouldn't exercise the clause in his contract. Unless someone makes an offer for Pask I'm sure he'll be here next year too. Seems to have terrible luck with injuries though.

Fadz is a tough one. We need his leadership and experience, but at the same time we have to acknowledge he's only got a limited shelf life and if we sign him up now do we risk not having enough to potential sign his successor? I guess it all depends on who we've got lined up.

shmmeee

Hoping Rose and Dabo this season were just having trouble coming back to fitness and can perform at the level next season. If so, we might be able to get away with one CB and McFadzean, but I’d much rather Østigård or someone similar and another of the same level.

Do think a better GK always makes the back line look more comfortable though.

fernandopartridge

he's been great this last week, but despite all the flapping about scoring goals we still have the 2nd worse defence in the league but have scored more than 6 other teams so defence is definitely an area that needs improving.
Yes and no, the number of clean sheets we've kept is a better barometer than overall goals conceded

larry_david

Fadz is essential for us atm. Leadership, communication and solid. I wish he were 10 years younger.

Remember that wally on twitter taking the time to highlight his mistakes this season. Anyone wanna highlight all his monster heads away from the box too?

mrtrench

McFadz is very good in the air and blocking shots. He's also pretty slow - and when ran at with pace tends to get sent off or give away a penalty. We'd miss him for games like today but really need a Willis-type centre back too to defend against better sides who like to keep the ball on the ground.

cc84cov

I made. Thread about him couple weeks ago pinning my hopes on him thank fuck he’s back

mrtrench

On the topic of Willis, he's out of contract this summer. Anyone know how well he's done at Sunderland? He's coming into his prime... would be good if only for the laughs to get him for a free from them... even better if it were announced 17 minutes after their last game.

EDIT: Done some digging; they still rate him. He's one of only 5 one of their posters would keep for next season.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

On the topic of Willis, he's out of contract this summer. Anyone know how well he's done at Sunderland? He's coming into his prime... would be good if only for the laughs to get him for a free from them... even better if it were announced 17 minutes after their last game.

EDIT: Done some digging; they still rate him. He's one of only 5 one of their posters would keep for next season.

I know it’s sort of tongue in cheek :) but we can and should be looking for better than Willis

Yes he has pace but his distribution is pretty poor even at L1 level

I also thought he was guilty of ball watching quite often and his pace bails him out of trouble a lot

Be good banter though so sign him up

Hobo

He does deserve another year as he has been immense. When he makes a mistake it doesnt affect him he has the character to bounce back and a good organiser and leader.

However there is no place for sentiment in football when it comes to new contracts. He is nearly 35 an age when the legs can just go and he isnt the fastest already. We have over the years signed many an experienced player a season too late.

For me it depends on how much he wants for another year and does he have coaching ability to broaden his role?

fatso

Mcfadzeen is definitely worth another year, I dont think he will play as many games, as we will have Rose and Pask pushing for starts.
But with funds being tight we arnt about to get rid of him and splash the cash on another centre back.
I think a lot of our budget will go on signing Ostigard, James, and possibly McCallum, along with a decent striker.

Terry_dactyl

L
Hoping Rose and Dabo this season were just having trouble coming back to fitness and can perform at the level next season. If so, we might be able to get away with one CB and McFadzean, but I’d much rather Østigård or someone similar and another of the same level.

Do think a better GK always makes the back line look more comfortable though.
I’m confident this is true of Dabo. I thought he looked good after he’d a few games under his belt. I hope that the same is true of Rose.

Londonccfcfan

McFadz is very good in the air and blocking shots. He's also pretty slow - and when ran at with pace tends to get sent off or give away a penalty. We'd miss him for games like today but really need a Willis-type centre back too to defend against better sides who like to keep the ball on the ground.

I'm afraid we can't afford a big quick centre back. They usually in the top end of championship/ premier league.

Sky Blue Harry H

Wonder if Drysdale may be 'promoted' to the back up CB role now (ahead of Thompson, Williams?) or will we try and rake in a few ££s for him to upgrade in that area.

fatso

The Guy's a fookin Legend!

My only worry is that we can't afford to rest him, so I just hope he gets to the world Cup break and January without picking up an injury.

Grendel

Didn’t see or hear anything about the game but pound for pound he’s the best signing we’ve made in the Robins era

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Didn’t see or hear anything about the game but pound for pound he’s the best signing we’ve made in the Robins era

That's 2 weekends on the trot, you got a part time job.

Users who are viewing this thread