McGregor vs Mayweather (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Not a chance this happens in the octagon. My call for the weekend is a no contest or disqualification, leaving it open to a rematch.

if you'd been told a couple of years ago it would happen in the ring what would you have said?

Nick

Administrator
On the subject of MMA, due to the lack of boxing games I have found myself addicted to UFC2. It would be amazing if he was stuck in the corner and he started busting out the elbows or spinning backfist.

clint van damme

On the subject of MMA, due to the lack of boxing games I have found myself addicted to UFC2. It would be amazing if he was stuck in the corner and he started busting out the elbows or spinning backfist.

many years ago in my youth I used to kick box, one of the lads I trained with got started on in the Burgess. He said he didn't know why because it's a bit unconventional, but he threw a spinning back fist - knocked the lad out, reckons everyone around started clapping and cheering!!

Nick

Administrator
many years ago in my youth I used to kick box, one of the lads I trained with got started on in the Burgess. He said he didn't know why because it's a bit unconventional, but he threw a spinning back fist - knocked the lad out, reckons everyone around started clapping and cheering!!

They look quality but you have to get the timing right.

If I ever tried I'd be the one who tries it but ends up spinning and falling over.

SBAndy

if you'd been told a couple of years ago it would happen in the ring what would you have said?

Little chance but not impossible. As Nick says, it's much easier for McGregor to move over and box because he still has a base of that discipline, however bad. Floyd would have to learn several new disciplines and his style of "hit and not get hit" fighting is completely unrealistic were he to try MMA.

I'm convinced McGregor gets DQ'd for trying some MMA shit, then they build up the next fight based on that "hatred" even though it's probably scripted.

Nick

Administrator
If they cuddle after I'll knock them both out.

Nothing worse than hatred for the build up then hugging at the end, I want to see them going all out after the bell.

clint van damme

Little chance but not impossible. As Nick says, it's much easier for McGregor to move over and box because he still has a base of that discipline, however bad. Floyd would have to learn several new disciplines and his style of "hit and not get hit" fighting is completely unrealistic were he to try MMA.

I'm convinced McGregor gets DQ'd for trying some MMA shit, then they build up the next fight based on that "hatred" even though it's probably scripted.

I'm not saying it's likely, just though at those odds, and the way this whole farce is playing out, it was worth a fiver.

clint van damme

They look quality but you have to get the timing right.

If I ever tried I'd be the one who tries it but ends up spinning and falling over.

if I'd tried it I'd have probably knocked myself out!

You've got to get the distance and accuracy spot on, it's difficult. But if you pull it off, someone is getting a knuckle to the temple and that's going to hurt!

chiefdave

McGregor is a massive WWE fan. How long before he ends up there?

No way am I spending out on this, will take a look at the reports in the morning and if its any good will track down a copy. Can easily see a McGregor DQ when he throws a non boxing move in.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Every man woman and their dog here in toronto asking me about this fight, first off they both only care about the money and making it a show like wwe those yanks love all that shite, as for the fight itself imo im just interested see 2 different styles mcgregor will come at him as its what he likes to do and can take a punch floyd will try defend his life for it but is no fool, i think either mcgregor needs knock mayfucker out or mayfucker win it on points.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Could actually see mcgregor losing focus and putting a few kicks in.

Does anyone know if it's on 5live tomorrow night ?

I'm on a nightshift but could listen to it

LastGarrison

Apparently loses 90% of his purse if he gets disqualified.

McGregor is doing it for the money. Mayweather is doing it for the money. The end.

And of course McGregor would go further in boxing than Mayweather in MMA as Mayweather is fucking 40!!!

Adge

Might watch Thunder lips v Balboa instead and see how Rocky gets on. The ultimate male v the ultimate meatball!

SkyblueBazza

Sorry for being so cynical but my prediction... McGregor by a knockout...followed by an even more lucrative rematch which Mayweather will win. And then an even more lucrative decider which again Mayweather will win & be restored as the best

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Sorry for being so cynical but my prediction... McGregor by a knockout...followed by an even more lucrative rematch which Mayweather will win. And then an even more lucrative decider which again Mayweather will win & be restored as the best
Is this an official fight, as in under the control of a supposedly legitimate governing body? Your post makes me wonder. Mayweather has been in WWE on more than one occasion, McGregor is a huge fan and will no doubt end up appearing for them at some point so I'm guessing neither has a problem with a pre-determined outcome.

Might be in tin foil hat territory but something like McGregor doing unexpectedly well but picking up a DQ for an MMA move. Agrees to rematch as long as its at home. Rematch at Croke Park, McGregor wins so back to the States to somewhere like MetLife Stadium in New York for the decider that would be on at a more reasonable time in Europe.

Saying that is this fight as big a deal as they're making it out to be, T-Mobile Arena isn't even sold out. The Pacquiao fight did 4.6m PPV buys and £400m revenue. That's way more than any other Mayweather fight. UFC gets nowhere near those sort of buyrates.

chiefdave

It's an official fight and will take Mayweather to 50-0.
How on earth has it being sanctioned as an official fight? Mayweather 49-0 against someone who has never had a pro fight and has a 21-3 MMA record. You'd question someone with a pro boxing record of 21-3.

chiefdave

Just been reading that the same commission refused to sanction Murdock, with an 18-1 record and ranked #8, fighting Ward as he wasn't a credible opponent and it would be unsafe. Guess what they really meant was it wouldn't generate them enough money.

SBAndy

How on earth has it being sanctioned as an official fight? Mayweather 49-0 against someone who has never had a pro fight and has a 21-3 MMA record. You'd question someone with a pro boxing record of 21-3.

Because the WBC (think it's them) bloody love money. Even made a special belt for the fight. Fucks me right off.

Otis

I think he is going to beat him easily and we will wonder what all the fuss was about.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

No interest in this pantomime but i had a £1 free bet so put it on Mayweather to win by DQ. Surely in with a shout as he'll batter mcgregor who may just kick him in the head!?

bringbackrattles

Been down the Old Crown on Windmill Road. If you want to watch the fight be there before midnight.
There showing the fight there. The gaffer says its going to be packed. I've set the alarm as I can't drink like I used to !

Reactions: vow

bringbackrattles

Been down the Old Crown on Windmill Road. If you want to watch the fight be there before midnight.
There showing the fight there. The gaffer says its going to be packed. I've set the alarm as I can't drink like I used to !
The pub is going to be full of some heavy Cov lads. I'll be fast asleep !

Adge

Being said the fight intro will be around an hour, god knows how it can last that long, so it will be nearer 5am by the time the fight starts, over by 5:01am!
Sooner the better-I've been hoodwinked into going around my pals for this pantomime. Will put the cat amongst the pigeons if McGregor lands a lucky one.

Users who are viewing this thread