Mcsheffreys Sky Blue career must be over............ (1 Viewer)

Savonumber1

Gary Mcsheffrey was so so so poor tonight, I fear i tonight just be the end of the road for him at Coventry. I think Blair Adams made him look good and since Blair has been injured Mcsheffrey has been dog shat..

Time to give John Fleck a run, looked a different class when he came on and with the Scottish connection he SHOULD get a run in the team..

Bye bye Gary, do the honourable thing and hang them boots up.

Greggs

Apart from the mercurial ball to Cody in the first half, he offered nothing again :-(

shy_tall_knight

Surely won't get a new contract, IMO lacks desire, has sufficient skill to compensate for lack of pace but tonight he was a passenger, very poor.

elephanttears

Gary Mcsheffrey was so so so poor tonight, I fear i tonight just be the end of the road for him at Coventry. I think Blair Adams made him look good and since Blair has been injured Mcsheffrey has been dog shat..

Time to give John Fleck a run, looked a different class when he came on and with the Scottish connection he SHOULD get a run in the team..

Bye bye Gary, do the honourable thing and hang them boots up.

What about his assist to Clarke last Saturday?

Otis

Totally agree.

He seems to do one or two good things a game and that's it. He's lost his speed and to cap it all he is now missing good chances in front of goal too.

Just not the player he was and I think he knows it. He must know now that his City career is over.

Fleck in for him on Saturday,

Mucca Mad Boys

What about his assist to Clarke last Saturday?

Funny you say this, for far too long, he has been getting away with shit performances because he's done 1 good cross a game! Ironic/hypocritical when Fleck's biggest critics will say Fleck only does 3-4 passes in a game!

I sincerely hope that Sheff doesn't get offered a new deal, even if he weren't a high earner, he is shite. I don't know how his apologists can carry on defending him when he performs like that game after game, especially now since Fleck came on and changed the game.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Tbh I want to see our players doing more than good thing a game! I thought this was going to e his season, believing he was league one was his level, but I think thats being unkind to league one football!

I hope we haven't got a clause in his contract to automatically renew it, or auto renew after xx amount of games. Considering hes been in te team for most of the season, hes most likely reached that number (of there is one)

Otis

I think that's it.

Sheff is putting in 1 or 2 good crosses per game and not really contributing anything else.

He may have assists but they are few and far between these days.

elephanttears

Funny you say this, for far too long, he has been getting away with shit performances because he's done 1 good cross a game! Ironic/hypocritical when Fleck's biggest critics will say Fleck only does 3-4 passes in a game!

I sincerely hope that Sheff doesn't get offered a new deal, even if he weren't a high earner, he is shite. I don't know how his apologists can carry on defending him when he performs like that game after game, especially now since Fleck came on and changed the game.

Mcsheff isn't the player he was but he is still good enough for this league. It would be stupid not to offer him a year next season. We remember how he was and compare him to that and presume hes shit but the stats dont lie.

Nick

Administrator
Mcsheff isn't the player he was but he is still good enough for this league. It would be stupid not to offer him a year next season. We remember how he was and compare him to that and presume hes shit but the stats dont lie.

What stats?

Nonleagueherewecome

He's the only player in our side who offers movement.

stupot07

Fleck didn't change the game - moving to 442 and having two strikers changed the game.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Anyway on Sheff, my biggest problems with him have been his decision making and finishing, his general play and crossing have been to an ok standard but other aspects have badly let him down

How many times do we see him lash a wild shot into the stands this season when he had a bette option? I'm still haunted by his open goal miss against Shrewsbury

hamil99

Facebook User
Think its time to unlesh the Bell *snigger* could be the attacking movement we miss. Bell, Baker either side sounds good!

Mucca Mad Boys

Because his 1 goals (the extra 's' is for effect) proves that.

We looked a better side when some fat, unfit, ginger Scottish CAM came on the wing in his place.

It'd be stupid not to offer him a new deal!? Are you mad, he's a big earner, getting older and shitter, and we could easily sign a better player in his position for half the wages.

Thing is, I don't compare him to the days he was my idol, I compare him to other players on the pitch and I still think he's shit.

stupot07

We looked a better side when some fat, unfit, ginger Scottish CAM came on the wing in his place.

It'd be stupid not to offer him a new deal!? Are you mad, he's a big earner, getting older and shitter, and we could easily sign a better player in his position for half the wages.

Thing is, I don't compare him to the days he was my idol, I compare him to other players on the pitch and I still think he's shit.

That's because we went 442.....plus Moussa played more left today with sheff more central.

elephanttears

Well when he gets a new deal it wont be the same one as he is on. He does have class. I have said he is not the player he was but he is more than good enough for this league.

Mucca Mad Boys

I am sure hoofroyd will sign him for Northampton ..he loves our ex strikers

I bloody hope so!

Well when he gets a new deal it wont be the same one as he is on. He does have class. I have said he is not the player he was but he is more than good enough for this league.

What class!? Makes 1-2 decent crosses in a game, yet offers little elsewhere. Scored 1 goal this season, and that was v Pompey, who are 2nd bottom. He's L2 at best now.

I forgot to mention this, he got the assist on Saturday, but he was at fault for their goal, poor defending.

elephanttears

I bloody hope so!

What class!? Makes 1-2 decent crosses in a game, yet offers little elsewhere. Scored 1 goal this season, and that was v Pompey, who are 2nd bottom. He's L2 at best now.

I forgot to mention this, he got the assist on Saturday, but he was at fault for their goal, poor defending.

To say he doesn't have class is just wrong, we have seen it time and time again over the years. He also wins a fair few penalties penalties. There is no way he wont be offered a new contract.

It's Over When The Fat Lady Sings....

McSheffrey should be offered a contract for one season at a time ONLY IF his form deserves it. If so, on what money? Will he fit the manager's strategy for the future or who would he get to replace him. McSheffrey's legacy amongst City fans is secure & he should consider that.

Otherwise, what's that noise? It's the fat lady warming up her voice.

Baginton

You could easily rename this thread with Bakers name, piss poor again tonight.

diving, getting caught in possesion, not hitting the target

Leading by example my arse :whistle:

Mucca Mad Boys

To say he doesn't have class is just wrong, we have seen it time and time again over the years. He also wins a fair few penalties penalties. There is no way he wont be offered a new contract.

Again, his 1 goal v 23rd suggests that.

He had class last season, where he'd get a goal or something, now he doesn't even get that, sub-standard and he should eff off.

Otis

McSheffrey should be walking all over this league and a top star.

Well he hasn't been. He has been distinctly average and has showed very little class at all.

And this is coming from one of his biggest supporters.

Users who are viewing this thread