Mediation/arbitration (1 Viewer)

James Smith

I don't know anything about PWKH's involvement with the previous board of Coventry City.

As far as I'm aware he has behaved perfectly properly in his dealings as representative of the Higgs Charity, balloon-gate aside, so I don't really see why he's been brought into it.

That's not really relevant as to whether you'd want to ask questions about whether the previous board did everything for the good of the club, and whther you'd trust them to sign a lease that would stand up to scrutiny by an independent body. I seem to remember a fair few questioning them after all, don't you?
They had a partner in a large law firm and the respected chairman of a UK bank on the board, you're not suggesting they were acting improperly were you. Also who stood to gain from the rent being set at what it was?

NorthernWisdom

Are you insinuating to be in the know?

So I missed the criticisms of the previous board then? They were all in my head? Everyone was behind them 100% and everything they did?

That's all I'm saying, that the objective person might want to ask some questions, to test some things by asking somebody independent to look.

And I'm sure it would all prove it was paranoid conspiracy theories.

But given a fair number of fans were suspicious about the motives of previous club boards, you could understand why others might be too, surely?

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't know anything about PWKH's involvement with the previous board of Coventry City.

As far as I'm aware he has behaved perfectly properly in his dealings as representative of the Higgs Charity, balloon-gate aside, so I don't really see why he's been brought into it.

That's not really relevant as to whether you'd want to ask questions about whether the previous board did everything for the good of the club, and whther you'd trust them to sign a lease that would stand up to scrutiny by an independent body. I seem to remember a fair few questioning them after all, don't you?

It was a joke. Perhaps I should post 'this is a joke' beneath future comments to make it clearer.

NorthernWisdom

You seem to be selectively choosing segments from my posts and missing this bit:
And when Tim was asked if he'd accept a binding agreement from a third party live on the radio he evaded the question and didn't answer.

So if he can't say yes or no to that simple question how can he possibly sign up to arbitration?

He can't.

An the club should have been pushed to make a commitment to it before it went into administration.

As should ACL.

James Smith

So I missed the criticisms of the previous board then? They were all in my head? Everyone was behind them 100% and everything they did?

That's all I'm saying, that the objective person might want to ask some questions, to test some things by asking somebody independent to look.

And I'm sure it would all prove it was paranoid conspiracy theories.

But given a fair number of fans were suspicious about the motives of previous club boards, you could understand why others might be too, surely?
So who on the previous board stood to gain from the rent being set where it was? The Council and the Charity have never taken a penny from the rent paid to ACL it has gone back into the Ricoh.

NorthernWisdom

It was a joke. Perhaps I should post 'this is a joke' beneath future comments to make it clearer.

When there are accusations of making serious allegations going round, accusations of being a SISU insider, and various other innuendos, I feel it wise to clarify anything where it has seemed to be unclear.

People here have a tendency to put words in others' mouths after all;)

Brighton Sky Blue

When there are accusations of making serious allegations going round, accusations of being a SISU insider, and various other innuendos, I feel it wise to clarify anything where it has seemed to be unclear.

People here have a tendency to put words in others' mouths after all;)

Indeed. Now to put some more fish in Tiddles' cat bowl-PWKH is away so asked me to secure a million likes on his behalf.

NorthernWisdom

So who on the previous board stood to gain from the rent being set where it was? .

I didn't say anybody did.

In fact as the unimpeachable MP himself suggested arbitration, he clearly didn't. It'd be a good thing to prove everything was fair and above board, surely? Robinson himself wanted that too!

So flush SISU out, show their accusations are invalid.

I don't see why people would be so scared of getting absolute proof as opposed to hearsay and innuendo? Followed by death by a thousand statements!

What are people scared of? I can't see any reason why people would not want the opportunity to prove definitively SISU are in the wrong, surely they should welcome the chance?

NorthernWisdom

Isn't it a bit late for arbitration? The club is in admin and ACL will only speak to the administrator

Indeed.

It probably is too late.

Shame really isn't it.

But I come to a thread where lots of people seem to be opposed to the very concept, and this seems very strange to me. I've been trying to use the past tense but have let that slip some times, speed of typing and all that.

Resolution is a good thing to me. Forget my prejudices, there are certain things SISU and its supporters have done (some of their supporters are now violently against them of course) that has meant I have not given any money to the club for a long time now.

That doesn't mean I don't want to see a resolution that allows my club to stay in Coventry however. It also doesn't mean that I trust a stadium company to decide who should own the club by only dealing with certain people. I would prefer both SISU and ACL to be removed from negotiations for such things, I want a third way where the failures of the past are let go completely from this club, never to return again.

But if the club and ACL were to announce they resolved their stadium dispute tomorrow, I would say this is good news.

To say this is good news doesn't mean I then support SISU, does it? I would find it odd of anyone not to say that was good news however, whatever their feelings about the owners. Especially where there's a massive thread with lots of people saying the club is finished for them if it moves out of Coventry.

Well to stop that happening, it needs a resolution, so any option to resolve it should be welcomed, not dismissed.

In my opinion.

Nonleagueherewecome

It's gone way beyond arbitration. I can see where NW is coming from, but it's all a bit too late. You do remember that SISU took the Council to the High Court the other week, don't you? ;)

Nonleagueherewecome

I'd say it's bad news as we'd still have SISU here next season. I think we're going to have a long, painful next season culminating in relegation if SISU are still here.

Nonleagueherewecome

James Smith

In fact as the unimpeachable MP himself suggested arbitration, he clearly didn't. It'd be a good thing to prove everything was fair and above board, surely? Robinson himself wanted that too!

I don't see why people would be so scared of getting absolute proof as opposed to hearsay and innuendo? Followed by death by a thousand statements!

What are people scared of? I can't see any reason why people would not want the opportunity to prove definitively SISU are in the wrong, surely they should welcome the chance?

I just can't see how if no one stood to gain why the rent deal wouldn't be above board? It might not have been the best deal in the world but unlikely not to have been above board.

Last edited:

James Smith

Maybe they should try Meditation instead?

James Smith

All these ACL employees sticking together;)
I am not as I have stated before employed by ACL, I work in a shop and live down south, the daily commute to the Ricoh would kill me. 2+ hours a day on Virgin Trains doesn't bear thinking about.

Last edited:

psgm1

Banned
Sisu initially tried to claim holdings & ltd are separate entities, when they tried to avoid points deduction, but NOW the issue of the golden share would destroy any of sisu's claims, they are desparate to claim both are the SAME entity, hence for all purpopses ALL of ccfc have to be in admin. As such, it is surely ILLEGAL for an owner of a club to try and trade as owners of a club that is in administration!

And as such they ONLY person who should be acting to sell the club is Mr Appleton. Thus sisu are merely creditors. If ACL or ANY potential owner wanted to buy the club they MUST speak to the administrator.

It is no longer a farce, but a horrific freak show.

Ashdown1

All these ACL employees sticking together;)

You are blindingly obvious, you are not impartial and you are not a supporter. You have merely spent a lot of time shooting the same spin that has been spouted by Fisher. Hedge funds do not belong in football, pack up your stuff.................again and be gone !

NorthernWisdom

You are blindingly obvious, you are not impartial and you are not a supporter.

And you really need to lighten up and notice the big smiley winky thing that says a joke

A JOKE.

But no, carry on your blatant mindless harassment and desire to force people off message boards. It's fans like you who kill the club, you are a pathetic excuse for a man who obviously wants to sit in a ground of one person.

Pathetic idiotic drivel where people can't post because you have to play Billy Big Bollux:welcome:

Ashdown1

More utter rubbish, I'm not pro ACL and that's where you give your game away again. I'm Pro CCFC and am pretty sure that ACL will be happy to deal with anyone but SISU scum !

James Smith

You're a bully boy who signed up here to do ACL's work for them.
What running a stadium? You can do that from this message board? Isn't it amazing what you can do with technology today.

thechase

More utter rubbish, I'm not pro ACL and that's where you give your game away again. I'm Pro CCFC and am pretty sure that ACL will be happy to deal with anyone but SISU scum !

But if they fail to deal with SISU you are advocating the club moving out of the city... where is that being pro CCFC? Fans moan about SISU making contingency plans for moving away but when the stadium owners refuse to even speak to them its hardly a shock is it?

Brighton Sky Blue

But if they fail to deal with SISU you are advocating the club moving out of the city... where is that being pro CCFC? Fans moan about SISU making contingency plans for moving away but when the stadium owners refuse to even speak to them its hardly a shock is it?

When we haven't been kicked out and the stadium is there and ready for us to use it actually is. ACL have even paid for the pitch.

Grendel

What running a stadium? You can do that from this message board? Isn't it amazing what you can do with technology today.

Shop shut for bank holiday is it?

Spencer

Arbitration doesn't work like that - it's a private form of dispute resolution. The findings would only become public if challenged in a court of law.

On another point in reality Fisher couldn't agree to be bound by mediation or arbitration as, as a point of law in this country, you have a right to appeal a decision on certain grounds to a higher court (until of course you get to the highest court in the land at which time the decision is totally binding).

As it happens I don't think arbitration would benefit the club (not SISU) (and I'm talking as an arbitrator) as we need a quick decision - not something arbitration will provide (in my opinion).

Users who are viewing this thread