Meeting with EFL (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Erm, wasn't the whole idea of coming back to the Ricoh from Northampton to discuss a rental agreement with Wasps and NOT let every CCFC supporter round the UK. on the DAY of return know that "It is only a temporary measure till we build our own stadium in three years"
Btw Mr Fisher where is it?

Wasps didn't have the Ricoh when we moved back. That's the thing.

Also, sending a woman on the council who voted for wasps moving to try and persuade the FL to block any move just smells of a negotiation tactic. I am pretty sure they will have seen it for that also.

SkyBlueZack

[QUOTE="Nick, post: 1185262, member: 1"]It isn't just about us is it? If the football league start demanding we play in Coventry or the club goes out of the league like some people seem to expect, it will be the same everywhere.

Especially when it is an MP who voted for Wasps coming here pushing for it with them. It would be a fantastic negotiating factor wouldn't it if CCFC had to agree to play at the Ricoh or be kicked out the league.

I think it was chiefdave who went through and answered her questions before it happened.

So if there was a 10 years minmum contract(Just for SkyBlueZack) It gives the Football Club 10 years to come up with a stadium.. Mind you at the pace SISU/CCFC are going we might get the shithouses built and perhaps a changing room![/QUOTE]

What you on about a 10 year deal for when there isn't one in place or on offer? Why are you trying to make me look stupid when it just shows yourself up. Your hypothetical situation is as far from the truth as possible.

SISU are the owners of CCFC, not sure why people struggle with that. CCFC is the fans, the players, the manager, the history and tradition. Not some Cayman Island hedge fund. It would only be good for CCFC if it was to benefit CCFC. Being forced into a take it or leave it offer by the Wasps and CCC does not appear to be striking a deal for the benefit of CCFC.

Sky Blue Kid

Wasps didn't have the Ricoh when we moved back. That's the thing.

Also, sending a woman on the council who voted for wasps moving to try and persuade the FL to block any move just smells of a negotiation tactic. I am pretty sure they will have seen it for that also.

As I'm sure they see SISU for what they really are, but refuse to do anything. *Edit* scared of litigation.

Gosford Green

Yes, so the option has to be there to be able to move if Wasps will refuse. They can't just take the golden share.

It is what SISU do then that the FL would be judging wouldn't it?

You might be content with a season ticket at Liberty way but you will be one of 300. What you seem to miss is this litigation policy will be the end of the football club.

Nick

Administrator
As I'm sure they see SISU for what they really are, but refuse to do anything. *Edit* scared of litigation.

It isn't just that.

The minute they say "right, you must agree to a 20 year deal in Coventry" it means Wasps have monopoly. Then they will have other stadium owners all trying to do the same thing.

Sky Blue Kid

So if there was a 10 years minmum contract(Just for SkyBlueZack) It gives the Football Club 10 years to come up with a stadium.. Mind you at the pace SISU/CCFC are going we might get the shithouses built and perhaps a changing room!

What you on about a 10 year deal for when there isn't one in place or on offer? Why are you trying to make me look stupid when it just shows yourself up. Your hypothetical situation is as far from the truth as possible.

SISU are the owners of CCFC, not sure why people struggle with that. CCFC is the fans, the players, the manager, the history and tradition. Not some Cayman Island hedge fund. It would only be good for CCFC if it was to benefit CCFC. Being forced into a take it or leave it offer by the Wasps and CCC does not appear to be striking a deal for the benefit of CCFC.[/QUOTE]
Do you mean like your 20-25 years contract being "Reported" I'd say about as much creedence as you accuse my post of then eh?

SkyBlueZack

You might be content with a season ticket at Liberty way but you will be one of 300. What you seem to miss is this litigation policy will be the end of the football club.

No that happened when ACL was sold to Wasps. A, because it started the legal action which is apparently halting talks at the ricoh and B, because as a club we need access to revenue to grow and improve. Which will not happen now. Still got one over on SISU.

Nick

Administrator

The minute the Ricoh was sold it was pretty much hammered wasn't it?

No, I am just applying common sense that the football league can't turn round and demand things are played at the Ricoh.

Wasps knew about court cases before they started negotiating, sending an MP who voted for Wasps to be here to try and get the football league to say that we had to play in Coventry just doesn't look right. Especially when somebody would have fed her the questions anyway.

It is known that Wasps started negotiating but then suddenly decided not to because of legals that were only happening, it looks a bit like a negotiating tactic doesn't it.

SkyBlueZack

SISU are the owners of CCFC, not sure why people struggle with that. CCFC is the fans, the players, the manager, the history and tradition. Not some Cayman Island hedge fund. It would only be good for CCFC if it was to benefit CCFC. Being forced into a take it or leave it offer by the Wasps and CCC does not appear to be striking a deal for the benefit of CCFC.
Do you mean like your 20-25 years contract being "Reported" I'd say about as much creedence as you accuse my post of then eh?[/QUOTE]

Has your 10 year deal been reported then? Or are you just making something up to suit your argument.

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/n...icoh_arena_talks_with_city_888638/index.shtml

David Armstrong of Wasps said 20-25 year deal. Now who said 10 years?

Sky Blue Kid

It isn't just that.

The minute they say "right, you must agree to a 20 year deal in Coventry" it means Wasps have monopoly. Then they will have other stadium owners all trying to do the same thing.

I'm more inclined to say come to some sort of agreement with either Wasps or BPA or risk losing the "Golden Share" Common denominator in all of this shitfest?.... That's right SISU

Nick

Administrator
I'm more inclined to say come to some sort of agreement with either Wasps or BPA or risk losing the "Golden Share" Common denominator in all of this shitfest?.... That's right SISU

But they can't say an agreement has to be made can they? They can't even demand Wasps allow us to play there full stop if they don't want to.

Sky Blue Kid

No, I am just applying common sense that the football league can't turn round and demand things are played at the Ricoh.

Wasps knew about court cases before they started negotiating, sending an MP who voted for Wasps to be here to try and get the football league to say that we had to play in Coventry just doesn't look right. Especially when somebody would have fed her the questions anyway.

It is known that Wasps started negotiating but then suddenly decided not to because of legals that were only happening, it looks a bit like a negotiating tactic doesn't it.

Change the record Nick, Even a lawyer in a court room has to be "Fed" information ffs!

Gosford Green

Yes it can and should if no other alternative is available in the City. Any decent owner of the club would be doing there best to get around the table with Wasps, not suing them. Wasps came here when JR1 was running its course, since they bought the stadium SISU bought along JR2 to start when JR1 is finished. If SISU dropped JR2 that might break the deadlock.

Sky Blue Kid

No that happened when ACL was sold to Wasps. A, because it started the legal action which is apparently halting talks at the ricoh and B, because as a club we need access to revenue to grow and improve. Which will not happen now. Still got one over on SISU.

It's been proven time and time again, that "Pie and pint" money is a load of bollocks!

stupot07

The EFL response was exactly as i'd expected. If wasps continue to refuse to negotiate, then the EFL will have no choice but agree to another temporary move.

Sad really.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Of course they can't demand that they have to play at the Ricoh... They can't even demand Wasps let us play there if they don't want to.

They were around the table with Wasps weren't they? Even when the same legal stuff was going on?

No wonder people are getting themselves all angry and worked up if they think the FL would demand an agreement. It opens it up to landlords to take the piss.

Nick

Administrator
The EFL response was exactly as i'd expected. If wasps continue to refuse to negotiate, then the EFL will have no choice but agree to another temporary move.

Sad really.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Exactly. They can't force anything.

It was obvious, I can't believe people think / thought the FL would say "You have to play at the Ricoh or you are out" type stuff.

SkyBlueZack

JR2 isn't suing Wasps. Why can't people understand that either? It's reviewing the councils decision to sell to Wasps. Wasps won't be liable for compensation/damages if any wrongdoing is found. As you said Wasps came here with JR1 already started, if 'legal noise' bothered them that much they would have waited for it to finish or not bought the arena? Or even said no to CCFC returning. As it was clearly IMO parts of the terms of sale.

SkyBlueZack

It's been proven time and time again, that "Pie and pint" money is a load of bollocks!

The Ricoh doesn't generate any other revenue than pie and pints then? That's why Wasps relocated 95 miles? Just for pie and pint money.

I don't know why I engage in dialogue with you as you can't see anything other than SISU are bad guys.

SkyBlueZack

Exactly. They can't force anything.

It was obvious, I can't believe people think / thought the FL would say "You have to play at the Ricoh or you are out" type stuff.

We are talking about the same people who think signing a petition will force SISU to sell. That NOPM of club tickets and merchandise will hurt SISU when they have said they won't fund losses. That have no problem with the stadium built for us being owned by a London rugby club because it got one up on our useless owners.

clint van damme

I can't see the league ever making that threat. They're impotent to be honest, here's what they said about the new ground:

"The EFL understands that Coventry City are currently seeking to find a long term stadium solution that will enable the Sky Blues to generate revenue on a comparable basis to other EFL clubs.

We remain in regular dialogue with the club about this matter. While Coventry City are well aware of the EFL’s requirements, the precise nature of discussions with one of our member clubs must remain private and confidential."

They're quite happy with that bullshit, they're pretty much not uninterested if you ask me.

Nick

Administrator
I can't see the league ever making that threat. They're impotent to be honest, here's what they said about the new ground:

"The EFL understands that Coventry City are currently seeking to find a long term stadium solution that will enable the Sky Blues to generate revenue on a comparable basis to other EFL clubs.

We remain in regular dialogue with the club about this matter. While Coventry City are well aware of the EFL’s requirements, the precise nature of discussions with one of our member clubs must remain private and confidential."

They're quite happy with that bullshit, they're pretty much not uninterested if you ask me.

They were involved a lot with the Butts Park weren't they? I think they also approved it.

Then of course the council tried to jump in to block it, so they would have had that sent to them via special delivery.

Gosford Green

Of course they can't demand that they have to play at the Ricoh... They can't even demand Wasps let us play there if they don't want to.

They were around the table with Wasps weren't they? Even when the same legal stuff was going on?

No wonder people are getting themselves all angry and worked up if they think the FL would demand an agreement. It opens it up to landlords to take the piss.

Wasps are not yet in to much of a strong position to take the piss. They need to sell tickets and good PR, Coventry City being liquidated would not be very good on their
watch. Any savvy business would understand this and get in now and play on this and strike a good deal, even to the point of using a very small amount of blackmail.

clint van damme

If people are desperate for us to stay at the Ricoh, why is there no pressure on Wasps to re-open talks?

the council is hosting a global peace forum at the start of November, maybe the support should do something to pressure all parties to get round the table to coincide with it in the spirit of the forum!

Nick

Administrator
Wasps are not yet in to much of a strong position to take the piss. They need to sell tickets and good PR, Coventry City being liquidated would not be very good on there watch. Any savvy business would understand this and get in now and play on this and strike a good deal, even to the point of using a very small amount of blackmail.

They can take the piss as much as they want, they can just say "SISU" or "legal action" and the heat is off.

Nick

Administrator
Change the record #2. SISU should take away any obstacle to talks..

It wasn't an obstacle to talks, as talks started.

What is the issue on pressuring them both?

That is exactly why Wasps can take the piss, if they stopped the legals they could say "we want them to come round and clean the toilets before we talk" and people would be demanding they get the bog brush out.

Nick

Administrator
Well yes, stop giving them a get out clause. It is only the clubs future at stake nothing to serious.

It isn't a get out clause is it? It is common sense FFS.

You are the one saying Wasps shouldn't be pressured, they are the ones refusing to talk.

That's exactly why Wasps can do whatever they want.

The legals stuff is an excuse, they knew full well about the legals before they started negotiating in the first place.

Nobody has even questioned the council leader giving it the "pay up and we can put a word in with wasps, wink wink nudge nudge". Just after he said they had no input on what Wasps do when it was said they were stopping talks because of legals.

Last edited:

Gosford Green

You are the one saying Wasps shouldn't be pressured, they are the ones refusing to talk.

The legals stuff is an excuse, they knew full well about the legals before they started negotiating in the first place.

Common sense from you on this matter? Are you really serious.
Do not take someone to court if you wish to negotiate a long term business deal with, that is common sense.
I Repeat, Wasps have decided they not wish to hold talks while this legal process is on going, drop that, then pressure can be applied to Wasps as much as it takes to preserve the football club, in this city.

Is there ever a point when you stop and realise that it might just be down to who owns us?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Common sense from you on this matter? Are you really serious.
Do not take someone to court if you wish to negotiate a long term business deal with, that is common sense.
I Repeat, Wasps have decided they not wish to hold talks whole this legal process is on going, drop that, then pressure can be applied to Wasps as much as it takes to preserve the football club, in this city.

Is there ever a point when you stop and realise that it might just be down to who owns us?

Pressure can be applied at the same time can't it? To at least have the talks for a deal?

Especially as they started negotiating even though they knew about the legals.

Lots of companies work together while long term business deals and court cases are going on.

The fact you are so against any pressure on Wasps sums it up, I am the one saying pressure them both to get a deal done. That's exactly why they can take the piss, because even if it was dropped and they thought of something else, you would just be shouting that.

I said weeks ago it's pointless going to the FL because they will say exactly what they did, and pressuring CCFC and Wasps was the only way as they are the ones involved.

Like I said, common sense.

Sky Blue Kid

Do you mean like your 20-25 years contract being "Reported" I'd say about as much creedence as you accuse my post of then eh?

Has your 10 year deal been reported then? Or are you just making something up to suit your argument.

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/n...icoh_arena_talks_with_city_888638/index.shtml

David Armstrong of Wasps said 20-25 year deal. Now who said 10 years?[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected, you're right. I had mis-read CA's statement... He said: “If Wasps come to me tomorrow and say stay here for 10 years rent free give us all the receipts, of course I’m totally open to that.

clint van damme

Nobody has even questioned the council leader giving it the "pay up and we can put a word in with wasps, wink wink nudge nudge". Just after he said they had no input on what Wasps do when it was said they were stopping talks because of legals.

remember that, the condition was sisu stop legals and we'll talk, then when the rumour went round that they were considering it it changed to stop legals and pay our solicitors fees!
sisu on one side, the cartel on the other, what did we do to deserve this?!

Nick

Administrator
remember that, the condition was sisu stop legals and we'll talk, then when the rumour went round that they were considering it it changed to stop legals and pay our solicitors fees!
sisu on one side, the cartel on the other, what did we do to deserve this?!

Exactly!

It would go from drop the legals before we talk about playing at the Ricoh, to pay the fees. All the while they won't get questioned about it either.

Users who are viewing this thread