Memory stick. (1 Viewer)

Real

I want to buy a memory stick so I can have my music collection immediately to hand to transfer onto my stereo, laptop, iPhone etc. I have about 6000 songs to store. Any ideas what size stick ill need? Roughly how much? And where from? Thanks in advance.

jon92

Well if you have them in iTunes at the bottom it says how much memory ur songs r takin up. Portable hard drives ain't that expensive now adays

Otis

Yep.

You can get a 1TB portable hard drive for £50 and some of them run straight off the computer or laptop without needing their own power source.

I got a 500GB drive for just over £40. For a 64GB flash drive you will be looking at around £30 anyway.

jon92

Yep.

You can get a 1TB portable hard drive for £50 and some of them run straight off the computer or laptop without needing their own power source.

I got a 500GB drive for just over £40. For a 64GB flash drive you will be looking at around £30 anyway.

Yeah just as cheap and even if u had films to put on it you could

Real

Why do people ask for advice on stuff that is readily available for research. You are on the internet use it....

I'm sure by asking the question on here I am using the Internet, but thanks anyway, your curmudgeonly attitude has been invaluable.

Thanks to those who have contributed sensibly, much appreciated.

SkyBlueScottie

I'm sure by asking the question on here I am using the Internet, but thanks anyway, your curmudgeonly attitude has been invaluable.

Thanks to those who have contributed sensibly, much appreciated.

Embrace the power of learning and self improvement. Empower yourself. By all means ask for an opinion however come armed with options, ask people which would be the best route to take, don't ask them to research the routes, and tell which you one to take.

Real

Embrace the power of learning and self improvement. Empower yourself. By all means ask for an opinion however come armed with options, ask people which would be the best route to take, don't ask them to research the routes, and tell which you one to take.

As I said, invaluable.

LewSkyBlue

I used to work at a place called Maplin. Its an electronics/gadget store on Gallagher Retail Park in Coventry, there stores in rugby, brum, solihull, leamington, stratford (if your from there). They have sales every month and often have memory sticks and hdd's for sale at a decent price. Although, they can be pricey on some things so might be worth looking at Eclipse (Radford) or amazon for a hard drive

dutchman

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
You would need a 32GB memory stick to hold that many tracks with a bit of room to spare for future additions:

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=32gb+us...pw.r_qf.&fp=683782c9a6b3589f&biw=1280&bih=867

Have to agree with you Dutch. I have an external HD with 150GB of space. I have already stored well over 8000 songs on it and I still have 117GB spare, therefore 33GB used, so 32gb would be plenty for 6000. (I use my music for my radio show by the way. That's why I have so much stored!)

Users who are viewing this thread