Mexican Wave (1 Viewer)

CCFC88

I dont think I have ever seen one at the Ricoh, I think it could be a real catalyst to getting the boys up for it on the pitch and spur them on into the playoff places!

I used to love the tingly feeling I would get watching the wave make its way down the stand to my right, as it crept into the stand I was sat in, the sense of anticipation as you watched it approach, not wanting to go up to early but also not wanting to miss it.

Bring back the wave.

PS were you one to just sit there and let the wave engulf you or stand up with both arms in the air, riding the wave? Maybe you were one who gave a half hearted lift from your seat, raising your buttocks by maybe 12 inches, knees no more than 130 degrees?

CCFC88

I like half time the best, waiting to see what music is played

I don't think the music at half time helps the players that much though, they are in the changing rooms and probably cant hear it, may have a good effect on the subs though when they are warming up.

We need something during the match to spur the players on, the wave would do it for me if I was playing

clint van damme

Any one caught doing the mexican wave at a football match should be given life imprisonment with no chance of remission.

CCFC88

Any one caught doing the mexican wave at a football match should be given life imprisonment with no chance of remission.

So drinking alcohol before a game is ok and eating fatty foods such as hot dogs and pies during it is OK but trying to help your team from the stands by creating a natural wonder in human form is worthy of life imprisonment? Maybe you should be asking yourself what you can do better on a matchday to help the boys in blue.

Joy Division

If only there was a song one could sing, that could reach the manager in the dug out to give the fans a wave.

CCFC88

I can tell you were a sitter who would let the wave engulf them back in the day, maybe you should try being a rider or even a squatter next time a wave comes your way, you never know you may just enjoy it and inspire a city victory at the same time.

clint van damme

I can tell you were a sitter who would let the wave engulf them back in the day, maybe you should try being a rider or even a squatter next time a wave comes your way, you never know you may just enjoy it and inspire a city victory at the same time.

:laugh:

CCFC88

Maybe they can do 2 waves one each half, only if we are losing tho

I think youre being silly now,

Anyway if we did one in the first half we wouldnt need one in the second half as the players will be buoyed to take the lead before HT.

CJ_covblaze

Couldn't agree more. Either prison or a life long banning order. The OP can't be for real surely? I'm one of the biggest supporters of safe standing but Mexican Waves make me want to put Loctite on every seat. They're as bad as club shirts at internationals, wigs, jester hats, face paint and half half scarves.

Stewards should be armed with tasers to prevent Mexican Waves and the 5 other things mentioned above.

CCFC88

Couldn't agree more. Either prison or a life long banning order. The OP can't be for real surely? I'm one of the biggest supporters of safe standing but Mexican Waves make me want to put Loctite on every seat. They're as bad as club shirts at internationals, wigs, jester hats, face paint and half half scarves.

Stewards should be armed with tasers to prevent Mexican Waves and the 5 other things mentioned above.

Have you ever been part of a wave? Like a really well constructed one that circles the pitch 2, 3, 4 times until eventually petering out to just a handful of late riders trying to reignite the magic?

It makes my hairs stand on end just thinking about it, god only knows what it must do for a player. A PFA survey in 2008 showed that players gave, on average, an extra 5% effort in the 10 mins following a wave. Those are facts you just cannot argue with.

lifeskyblue

I'd rather watch sh*t football and cheer/encourage the players than wait for my turn to raise my arms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCFC88

I'd rather watch sh*t football and cheer/encourage the players than wait for my turn to raise my arms

Waiting your turn is half of the fun, its the anticipation, the feeling of knowing what is coming but it just taking so ruddy long to arrive, but when it hits you, oh my.

lifeskyblue

I just don't get the attraction of the wave. Seems it only happens when fans are bored. No matter how bad it gets at the Ricoh I come away frustrated, angry, disappointed and let down but never bored.

CCFC88

I just don't get the attraction of the wave. Seems it only happens when fans are bored. No matter how bad it gets at the Ricoh I come away frustrated, angry, disappointed and let down but never bored.

Thats because there is no wave, it cures the boredom and spurs on the lads on the pitch!

Have you ever been part of a wave? I'm sure you must have at some point in your life, you cant have always been this boring?

lifeskyblue

Haha. Of course I have at Highfield rd and at Wembley. I don't think players react to that ...they do react to cheers or applause.

Johnnythespider

I once broke both my arms and had to have them set in an arms raised position, I was very down about this but then I noticed wherever I went I triggered off Mexican waves. It almost made breaking both my arms worthwhile.
I would like to see a wave rippling around the Ricoh but feel it would be amazing if we could get opposite sides of the ground starting 2 simultaneous waves, travelling in opposite directions creating an oscillating wave effect.

CJ_covblaze

Have you ever been part of a wave? Like a really well constructed one that circles the pitch 2, 3, 4 times until eventually petering out to just a handful of late riders trying to reignite the magic?

It makes my hairs stand on end just thinking about it, god only knows what it must do for a player. A PFA survey in 2008 showed that players gave, on average, an extra 5% effort in the 10 mins following a wave. Those are facts you just cannot argue with.

Unfortunately they happen during most England games at Wembley. Very cringeworthy and embarrassing. Us playing every game at the place is bad enough without that happening.

Just out of interest how can player's effort be calculated? If that 5% stat is true you'd need 20 of them at the Ricoh to get some City players up for it.

CCFC88

I once broke both my arms and had to have them set in an arms raised position, I was very down about this but then I noticed wherever I went I triggered off Mexican waves. It almost made breaking both my arms worthwhile.
I would like to see a wave rippling around the Ricoh but feel it would be amazing if we could get opposite sides of the ground starting 2 simultaneous waves, travelling in opposite directions creating an oscillating wave effect.

I like it! And that way the away fans cant get involved meaning only our player's morale is boosted!

CCFC88

Unfortunately they happen during most England games at Wembley. Very cringeworthy and embarrassing. Us playing every game at the place is bad enough without that happening.

Just out of interest how can player's effort be calculated? If that 5% stat is true you'd need 20 of them at the Ricoh to get some City players up for it.

Do you go to England games? You should talk about that more often.

Im not sure on how the 5% is calculated, I don't work for the PFA, but if you google "PFA 5% Mexican wave player boost effort" you should find the report.

CJ_covblaze

I love Mexican waves.

The ones at Cancun at sunset are lovely.

Looking forward to experiencing those in September.

Users who are viewing this thread