Michael Doyle (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

He was. And is. Rubbish.

skybluebeduff

He is what football is lacking, a very professional man, loyal, and hard working. Hope he finds another good club.
Not many footballers like Doyle around who put the shifts in without having to set the world alight.

He averaged 7/10 during this season, also scored more goals than Fleck!

I'd swap Doyle for Fleck in an instance.

torchomatic

On the old forum I used to say he was rubbish. Someone made up the sign and asked him to hold it when he saw him outside the Ricoh as a "joke". Can't remember who did it now.

why the pic then?

kg82

And it gives me a chance to post my photo again:

attachment.php

Haha, I forgot about that!

torchomatic

Won't disagree. Don't wish him any ill. At the time though we were Championship and I always felt we needed more quality if we were going to progress. To be fair, he is the kind of player we could do with in L1. I don't rate him, but would I have him back? Yes, I would.

He is what football is lacking, a very professional man, loyal, and hard working. Hope he finds another good club.
Not many footballers like Doyle around who put the shifts in without having to set the world alight.

He averaged 7/10 during this season, also scored more goals than Fleck!

I'd swap Doyle for Fleck in an instance.

slowpoke

I always remember seeing him out and about with mcsheffrey in jaks more than once with some bouncers with them thinking they were tough. Also kev Thornton used by out doing keep ups with some beer bottles. Them were the days...

Malaka

I used to watch him and thought he was shit, however, we were more shit when he didn't play. Maybe all of the players were shit, some were just a bit more shit than the others around them

jimmyhillsfanclub

I used to watch him and thought he was shit, however, we were more shit when he didn't play. Maybe all of the players were shit, some were just a bit more shit than the others around them

...with few rare & notable exceptions, that is a pretty fine synopsis of my 35+ years of being a Cov fan...

LB87ccfc

He might of been considered shit before, but has played a vast amount of games in league one now for a promotion challenging side and knows the league and what it takes to be competitive, every team fighting for promotion in this league has a ball winner, we do not have one, in fact we have a team full of fannies, so Doyle back ? we could do a lot worse.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I would have him back purely on the basis he's better than our current midfielders, but if Mowbray can spot another option that he believes to be better than our current crop, I'm happy!

LJC_CCFC

Absolute tosh. Almost every single pairing since then has been worse.

Bailey and Jennings were very good under Robins. Funny that since Robins left, both of their careers have gone to shite - Bailey released by Barnsley and Jennings relegated from the football league with Tranmere.

Kingokings204

Wow people want Michael Doyle back at 33 and having been released by a league rival.

Fucking hell we have sunk low.

The man is a gob shite, shit player and offered nothing to no one in 15 year career. Wow it amazes me

AFCCOVENTRY

Basically Doyle still lives in the Midlands and wants a club near home.

Getting former players is never a good idea imo.

Good bit of media attention by Doyle.

pusbccfc

On a very small wage I would have him on a one year basis. Without doubt our midfield has absolutely no bite and I would currently rather see Doyle there than Barton.

Sheffield United have continually been above us since we have been down here, surely that says something..

Nathccfc

I would have him back, he's that sort of in the face player. Providing he still has the legs to run around, when we had him the first time I'm lead to believe that he did all the running and Stephen Hughes was the play maker (sort of).. Wisey bought the best out of him, maybe just maybe if he does the donkey work. Fleck maybe free to roam, in fact what's happened to Al Bangura? Surely he would fit in nicely??

Sterling Archer

If anyone genuinely believes we should re-sign Michael Doyle, they need committing to a mental institute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rupert_bear

Sheffield United are likely to be rivals next season hopefully at the business end of this division, Doyle is surplass to their requirements so why would he be good enough for us ? He's had his day and i doubt if Mowbray should he become manager would waist some of his small playuer budget on Michael Doyle.

kg82

Sheffield United are likely to be rivals next season hopefully at the business end of this division, Doyle is surplass to their requirements so why would he be good enough for us ? He's had his day and i doubt if Mowbray should he become manager would waist some of his small playuer budget on Michael Doyle.

I get what you mean, and with Doyle I'd agree! However, it doesn't always work like that. Look at Pirlo for Juve who was deemed past it at Milan and also, bit closer to home, Lampard, who showed he could still cut it. Different class of player, obviously, but sometimes it's about a player adapting his game and integrating into a team.

slowpoke

I get what you mean, and with Doyle I'd agree! However, it doesn't always work like that. Look at Pirlo for Juve who was deemed past it at Milan and also, bit closer to home, Lampard, who showed he could still cut it. Different class of player, obviously, but sometimes it's about a player adapting his game and integrating into a team.
Can't really compare doyle to pirlo and lampard pirlo and lampard are still class players on the other hand doyle isn't he had the energy and hunger when we had him first time round I'm not too sure on signing him again

kg82

Can't really compare doyle to pirlo and lampard pirlo and lampard are still class players on the other hand doyle isn't he had the energy and hunger when we had him first time round I'm not too sure on signing him again

I didn't compare them to him! Don't get stuck up on the examples, they were just there to show that some players are judged to be passed it.

slowpoke

I didn't compare them to him! Don't get stuck up on the examples, they were just there to show that some players are judged to be passed it.
I just don't think it would be a positive signing. I would like a player similar to doyle as he had the hunger and fight in midfield I think we have been missing that our midfield has been very weak in my opinion.

kg82

I just don't think it would be a positive signing. I would like a player similar to doyle as he had the hunger and fight in midfield I think we have been missing that our midfield has been very weak in my opinion.

Please read my first post! Doyle is not the answer, I've either said that or inferred it. I wouldn't like him back. But I trust Mowbray. This is all fan conjecture, but if TM fancied him back here, I wouldn't argue.

Lord_Nampil

Doyle is a good at being Doyle, hard working tryer and leader.... but with TM coming in, hopefully, his attributes do not suit TMs previous philosophy..... Barry Robson will be his leading midfielder i am guessing......

slowpoke

Please read my first post! Doyle is not the answer, I've either said that or inferred it. I wouldn't like him back. But I trust Mowbray. This is all fan conjecture, but if TM fancied him back here, I wouldn't argue.
With that I agree with what you are saying! Having not read your first post I did not see what you were getting at. I trust with TM he will get in who he wants to push the team onwards if he does see doyle as a good option then as a fan I will still support the team no matter who they sign.

kg82

With that I agree with what you are saying! Having not read your first post I did not see what you were getting at. I trust with TM he will get in who he wants to push the team onwards if he does see doyle as a good option then as a fan I will still support the team no matter who they sign.

Ahh, you see, always get the context first!!

kg82

Doyle is a good at being Doyle, hard working tryer and leader.... but with TM coming in, hopefully, his attributes do not suit TMs previous philosophy..... Barry Robson will be his leading midfielder i am guessing......

Mowbray's not adverse to a bit of grit and steel in his sides - Paul Robinson anyone! Hate that guy!

Users who are viewing this thread