Match Thread Middlesbrough - Coventry City Match Thread - Monday 1st Jan (2 Viewers)

steve101

Some of our play was calamitous. Up until their goal Thomas and Bidwell were our better players. Then Thomas totally sells himself, leaving him out of position when the cross came in.
Great to have bounced back so quickly as otherwise it could have been a rout. Some of Sakamoto's passing is exquisite.
Eccles has come into the game more but noticed him moaning a lot. Not sure it helps.

slowpoke

Got to criticise Wright his attempts at goal are awful I’m sure he shuts his eyes when he shoots.

stupot07

Boro are a far better side to the one we played earlier in the season, pace, power, and have that drive in midfield we lack losing Hamer.

We have been poor all over the park, Saka standing out both for his goal and the moments of quality, what a player. And as calamitous As he was first 5 minutes Collins has pulled off 5-6 brilliant saves to keep us in it.

Wright has to hit the target with that chance.

Kitching is a huge miss, Both Sheaf and Bidwell have had a go at Binks at not driving into space with the ball, which Is meaning we're deeper than we usually are.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Twice now.
Also unsure how Greenwood hasn't been booked yet, taken van Ewijk out late on 3 separate occasions now.

We look decent at times but also hanging on a bit. Great entertainment mind.

It's very weird. He's just let it go, first one in the first minute he should have been booked.

Paxman II

Collins great few shot stops but otherwise flapping and not catching when he should. Staying on his line too much. If everyone had the commitment of Sakamoto we would be 5 nil ahead. He is terrific. O'Hare looks out of sorts. Think Palmer would be a better bet for this game. We have had chances that have not been taken. Defensively we are a bit shaky today. need to regroup slightly and play our football and we will be OK. Could go either way this game. Boro not good at the back.

Brighton Sky Blue

Thomas is very underrated. Defo misses his mate Kitching though.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
He’s being overrun. Binks looks lacking in sharpness and the midfield can’t cope further up.

Then when we get great chances unless they fall to Saka we’re not working the keeper.

SkyblueTexan

We look so shaky at the back. Midfield getting overrun with ease. Need Palmer in and Eccles out.

TomRad85

Twice now.
Also unsure how Greenwood hasn't been booked yet, taken van Ewijk out late on 3 separate occasions now.

We look decent at times but also hanging on a bit. Great entertainment mind.
We've played some neat football but when they get us running the other way we look like a bunch of drunks staggering home.

Ashdown

Boro look very good today…. But that’s because we haven’t really started playing yet. Simms is as anonymous as Godden has been, Wright needs to get back on the money.

mrtrench

I think we, are lucky to be level at half time. We are not playing too badly but Boro have been better and created lots of dangerous chances. Collins has pulled off a lot of good saves and I'd say he's keeping us in it.

Our biggest issue is defence. We are all at sixes and sevens too often. There are defenders running into each other and clearances straight to them or ricocheting off one of our own.

Tatsu has been pretty quiet, despite his goal. He's made a couple of brilliant passes but is generally not involved. He's not taken his full back on once to my memory.

Cal is behind most everything threatening we do. Simms battling but mostly anonymous. Wright has had chances and fluffed his lines.

Let's hope we can notch it up a gear for the next 45.

Cov98

This isn't against Binks who individually I think is a decent player but that defence misses Kitching a lot.
Collins probably our motm so far.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Think it's a case of Thomas and Kitching playing together for a run of games now and having a good understanding. Before hand Binks looked a class above all of the options we had. Must be hard coming into an established back line for a few games after not much play time.

Nick

Administrator
Just watched the replay of their goal. Embarrassing.

We stopped because their player was on the floor for some reason rather than just clearing the ball.

Frostie

We've played some neat football but when they get us running the other way we look like a bunch of drunks staggering home.
Pace of Jones getting behind our high line is a real threat. Also the one where Sheaf committed to a challenge right on the edge of their box & Rogers countered. If anyone ever queries why we don't constantly press high against good teams that was your answer!

Fergusons_Beard

Binks terribly exposed today (as is Bidwell) sliding all over the place and Kitching walks straight into this side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ms639

Can someone please tell Oggy it’s boro not Sunderland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob9872

Thought I was seeing things but just seen replay. Some twat threw something at Collins but no mention of it.

SkyblueTexan

Eccles look like shite

Cov98

Sheaf and Eccles are constantly stepping on each other's toes, quite the mess in midfield.
I've said it before, but I think Eccles and Sheaf are too similar to be played together. They always try and occupy the same positions.

Esoterica

So static in possession today. Pet hate of mine.. Work for your team mates, making a run or moving isn't just about you getting the ball, it's about the space it creates for others....

Users who are viewing this thread