Match Thread Middlesbrough vs Coventry City Play off Semi final 2nd leg Match Thread - Wednesday 17th May (4 Viewers)

Tommo1993

Many Notts County fans really thought it was wrapped up with a nice bow before the second leg kicked off. Reckon a few Boro fans might feel that way too, despite what that guy on here was saying yesterday. Come on City!

TomRad85

Many Notts County fans really thought it was wrapped up with a nice bow before the second leg kicked off. Reckon a few Boro fans might feel that way too, despite what that guy on here was saying yesterday. Come on City!
More than a few. I snooped at their forum, most are basically planning their Wembley visit.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Great_Expectations

Been pretty calm all day, but now I’m en route to the pub nerves are kicking in.

I was in the office today and in loads of meetings/general office chat people were asking things like ‘Are you nervous?’, ‘How are you feeling?’, ‘Big day today’ etc.

My partners response; you aren’t actually playing, why do people keep asking you that?

It’s both a fair point and evidence of how much she doesn’t get it!!!

Although I do have an illusive mid week pass out so maybe she does!

Skyblue_LDN

Just asked a coworker Boro fan if he’s nervous and he said not really, hope he’s less smug when I see him tomorrow!

shmmeee

Unleashing the Andy Thorn diamond

What is a box but a rotated diamond?

Think Michael Buble GIF by bubly

Ipad Boro

Did weeks ago tbf
Some of our fans will invariably think it's overwhelmingly likely now. The same as some doom and gloom merchants will think we haven't a prayer.

Either of those extremes are very much in the minority and dismissed as rubbish by the majority though. Theorising what Luton would be like as opponents in the final is a different kettle of fish of course, that's a natural thought process with last night's game fresh on the mind and even most Sunderland fans despite rivalries strangely wanting either of us to do them in the final rather than the "Bully boy hoofball merchants" who knocked them out of the race making the Prem.

However many times more than actually think in the first polar instance that our progresson is cut and dried will be planning their possible trip to Wembley before the playoffs even kicked off. For the simple reason that it's cheaper; like hotels do, train companies ramp up their prices massively upon a sudden demand. This is logical, but was made even more apparent to us at the time of our playoff final against Norwich 8 years ago, they increased ridiculously, the instant we got to the Wembley showpiece, prices on LNER from Middlesbrough or all nearby stations to King's Cross for that weekend increased beyond all reasonable amounts.

So what the thinking Boro fan did was book the train tickets in advance of us playing Brentford twice at a cheap rate, then after winning the first leg by a few goals away lay a bet on Brentford to reach the final. Thereby guaranteeing that the train (and hotel prices to some extent) would not only be available, but would only cost them the cheap rate due to being booked early, plus the small stakes of the bets laid. Should Boro not have reached the final of course then the return from the bet would have meant that they got all the expenses from train and hotel purchases as well as their stake back, so it was a therefore a free hit/gamble.

Users who are viewing this thread