Mitrovic £100k a week (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

according to quest last night - shows what we are up against, and even more what an effort this is
Out 1st team squad probably something similar in total

Somerset Sky Blue

That isn't a bad investment if you can afford it....
£5.2 m - if that gets the goals for the premier League, then Fulham (same with Bournemouth and solanke), will be happy enough.
I'm not saying we should, as we can't afford it. Happy with the four strikers and the choices they offer.

slowpoke

That isn't a bad investment if you can afford it....
£5.2 m - if that gets the goals for the premier League, then Fulham (same with Bournemouth and solanke), will be happy enough.
I'm not saying we should, as we can't afford it. Happy with the four strikers and the choices they offer.
Trouble is you can’t afford to fail

Blind-Faith

Just shows what we’re up against and actually how fucking brilliant we are doing when we’re coming up against players who are on that much!

pusbccfc

He's shite in the Prem.

fatso

If he gets a long term injury, Fulham are fucked, and going bankrupt. That's the risk they are taking.
Premier league parachute payments for relegated teams, put every other championship side at a disadvantage, which hardly seems fair

South West Sky Blue

If he gets a long term injury, Fulham are fucked, and going bankrupt. That's the risk they are taking.
Premier league parachute payments for relegated teams, put every other championship side at a disadvantage, which hardly seems fair

Read something on a Bournemouth blog about 2 weeks ago which argued that it’s much ado about nothing.
They analysed the last 10 years of promotions / relegations from the top two divisions. It stated that marginally more teams relegated from Championship into League 1 get immediately promoted than from Premiership into Championship.
Therefore parachute payments are legitimate and don’t distort the football pyramid.
Smelled of big sweaty bollocks to me! Trying to justify the unjustifiable…..

Last edited:

Mcbean

Even if he’s paid 100k he needs the service from the the likes of Kabano- so they are hooked

Terry Gibson's perm

The report said Ayew and Deeney were the highest paid previously both struggling on by on 80k per week. I wonder what Blues are paying Deeney?

Grendel

The last accounts show an £84 million wage bill so he’s not really much of an issue in isolation

Flying Fokker

Insurance?

Grendel

As I've said above, his goals are pivotal to them surviving financially.

They won’t go bust anyway - the guy who owns them is mega rich and clearly sees his sporting interests as play things

fatso

So he isn’t injury prone - of course he could get a serious injury anytime but they’ve not given 100k to Andy Carroll have they?
I'd say he's long overdue a serious injury then.
If they get him through the season unscathed and they get promotion, then fair play. But they are putting a lot of eggs in one basket (imo) as without him they are bang average at best.

fatso

They won’t go bust anyway - the guy who owns them is mega rich and clearly sees his sporting interests as play things
Financial fair play rules will come into play if their owner tries to bail them out.
(Hopefully)

Grendel

Financial fair play rules will come into play if their owner tries to bail them out.
(Hopefully)

That’s not going bust though and it’s 5 years before that would even happen

SlowerThanPlatt

I'd say he's long overdue a serious injury then.
If they get him through the season unscathed and they get promotion, then fair play. But they are putting a lot of eggs in one basket (imo) as without him they are bang average at best.

Some players are more durable than others and can go through their whole careers without serious injury. From what I can see the most games he’s missed is 9.

Combine that with his exceptional record at Championship level and it’s a gamble with minimal risk

Users who are viewing this thread