MK Dons Away (2 Viewers)

Ashdown1

If the fans desperately wanted a football team, they should maybe have stuck to one of their own.

The dads could have taken their kids along and watched a club grow organically and be proud of it, rather than stealing one from Merton just because they didn't have a team with a place in the League themselves.

Moral compass crap gets thrown around a lot more on here for poeple attending Sixfields, with accusations that they are supporting the franchising of football by doing so, but then proudly say how many they are going to take to a genuine franchise team in the league.

Did Wimbledon steal one from Merton or the other way round, I'm confused now !?

lordsummerisle

Just getting a bit fed up with some of the double standards - nothing new I know and nothing exclusive to this site, but every now and again it gets a tad tiresome.

As am I, which is why the MK Dons is ok/Northampton is bad is such a good example of it.

The same who will call people scabs for going to Northampton because it's "franchising" the club, and taking them out of their home town also proudly talk about the numbers that will go to Milton Keynes(whilst also saying that it has nothing to do with us, and complaining that nobody shows any solidarity with us).

Very definition of hypocritical I'd have thought.

If a strong moral view against possible franchising and uprooting a club from it's roots then at least be consistent with it.

Not the only case of course, those who lauded King whilst he was a player here, would then be bringing up his appalling record of violence against women when he was playing for another club.

From "She said yes Marlon" to "She said No Marlon" in one easy move.

skybluelee

As am I, which is why the MK Dons is ok/Northampton is bad is such a good example of it.

The same who will call people scabs for going to Northampton because it's "franchising" the club, and taking them out of their home town also proudly talk about the numbers that will go to Milton Keynes(whilst also saying that it has nothing to do with us, and complaining that nobody shows any solidarity with us).

I bet you can't give one example of somebody who is going to MKs that has complained of lack of solidarity towards us from other fans.

That would be so nonsensical I refuse to believe it.

Sky Blue Harry H

Getting 3 tickets later this week. I'm hoping that we take a bumper following :)

ohitsaidwalker king power

Wouldn't disagree, but seems like there will be about 6000 hypocrites going to MK Dons too.

Good for you, at least consistent.

Won't go to either MK or Sixfields myself, though peoples own choice whether they do or not.

I'm really confused by this- and am genuinely interested in views but will use Lordsummer isle as the focal point (sorry LSI but your two statements above seem to conflict as read?)...
CCFC fans stand accused of hypocrisy in that they do not go to Sixfields by way of protest (NOPM or other) and yet plan to go to MK Dons thus seemingly endorsing franchise football- but those CCFC fans who go to Sixfields (despite not agreeing with the ground share/move) are not hypocrites and are merely expressing their right to support their team?

I’m not an attendee of Sixfields nor ever will be, but am genuinely considering going to MK Dons but my conscience is troubled by the hypocrisy dilemma posed by LSI and others.

:thinking about:

Covstu

I'm really confused by this- and am genuinely interested in views but will use Lordsummer isle as the focal point (sorry LSI but your two statements above seem to conflict as read?)...
CCFC fans stand accused of hypocrisy in that they do not go to Sixfields by way of protest (NOPM or other) and yet plan to go to MK Dons thus seemingly endorsing franchise football- but those CCFC fans who go to Sixfields (despite not agreeing with the ground share/move) are not hypocrites and are merely expressing their right to support their team?

I’m not an attendee of Sixfields nor ever will be, but am genuinely considering going to MK Dons but my conscience is troubled by the hypocrisy dilemma posed by LSI and others.

Its a head spinner, I will give you that!!! I think with MK dons, they had 'closure' to the whole thing whereas we are still in limbo so their fans could make a conscious choice to create AFC Wimbledon (they also couldn't really commute to each home game - 40-50 miles + I am guessing?). We don't know where we stand so fans are keeping away in the hope we will come home but still want to support the team away. It is totally different when It comes to your own team to others by Lordsums point is a valid one to consider about double standards.

I would go to both IMO!!

lordsummerisle

Would say that some will go to Sixfields AND go to MK Dons which whilst neither would be my choice, would show some sort of consistency(either in supporting the team whatever the circumstances, or not caring either way).

Those however who go to Sixfields, but then won't go to MK Dons because they are a franchise club, would be showing a touch of hypocrisy, as of course would those who won't go to Sixfields, but will go to MK dons as "It's supporting the team".

Have no problem personally with any fans doing any of the above, but a little bit of self-realisation on all sides wouldn't go amiss.

Sky Blue Harry H

We will - 6000 people with questionable morals!!! All from the same club... We are the worst!!

People in glass houses and all that - I miss being amongst big City followings - getting a good match day buzz is what makes you remember why you support the City during the fallow times (don't begrudge us the odd bit of sunshine - and no, I'll never go to Sixfields, even if it's a play off game)

We will - 6000 people with questionable morals!!! All from the same club... We are the worst!!

AFC Wimbledon took 3,000 to milton keynes, have they got questionable morals. They have moved on and formed a new team. We should support them and our team at milton keynes with a big support and get the 3 points.

shmmeee

AFC Wimbledon took 3,000 to milton keynes, have they got questionable morals. They have moved on and formed a new team. We should support them and our team at milton keynes with a big support and get the 3 points.

This is apparently not a valid point, you can never ever forgive a club moving, even if it's own (previous incarnations) fans have. That's why none of these people would go to an Arsenal game since their move from Woolwich in 1913.

theferret

Is this debate still going on? Have a word with yourselves FFS. Once you've done that, go and buy a ticket for MK Dons away and stop being so wet.

This is apparently not a valid point, you can never ever forgive a club moving, even if it's own (previous incarnations) fans have. That's why none of these people would go to an Arsenal game since their move from Woolwich in 1913.
The palace must be busy sending out telegrams this year to london, were they old enough to understand the situtation of what was going on

FRY-CCFC

Gonna be perfectly honest, don't give two shits about what happened to wimbledon so am happily going to mk

kg82

Sorry mate, and sky blue Harry h, I was being sarcastic! I agree with both of you.

valiant15

Gonna be perfectly honest, don't give two shits about what happened to wimbledon so am happily going to mk

Im frankly astonished that a football fan can come out with a statement like that. For all you know ccfc might be in the early stages of being franchised.

Im sure you'd give a shit then.

covmark

Im frankly astonished that a football fan can come out with a statement like that. For all you know ccfc might be in the early stages of being franchised.

not usually in agreement with you Mr valiant but this is bang on.

skyblue1991

Coventry City will NOT be franchised. The MK Dons scenario is completely different and will never happen again.

ricohroar

Back on topic, I bought my tickets yesterday online. from the "pick your seats" there were 4 blocks, blocks 1 and 2 sold out, block 3 had only single seats (and only about 5) left. bloack 4 (where I got mine) had about 30 seats left tops.

valiant15

Coventry City will NOT be franchised. The MK Dons scenario is completely different and will never happen again.

Perhaps,but you can't guarantee what the future holds. There's an empty ground doing nothing in Rushden,not to far from sixfields.

Don't underestimate the dirty tricks that sisu are capable of.

skybluelee

Back on topic, I bought my tickets yesterday online. from the "pick your seats" there were 4 blocks, blocks 1 and 2 sold out, block 3 had only single seats (and only about 5) left. bloack 4 (where I got mine) had about 30 seats left tops.

How many seats does each block hold?

Users who are viewing this thread