More Court Action (4 Viewers)

Astute

Another one who doesn't seem to like talking about football. This site will be screwed when this crap is over and the only thing to talk about is football.

We should be safe for a few years then :)

Grendel

Who has got 100%?

Please explain as could do with a laugh.

I think the forums had enough laughs for one day including your assertion that someone could buy the debt in CCFC ltd

Astute

I think the forums had enough laughs for one day including your assertion that someone could buy the debt in CCFC ltd

I am on about SISU stopping the administration and paying their debts if it meant getting the higgs share cheaply. What would be hard about that?

And you just said that they own 100%. Who owns 100%?

Hobo

Yes I went to support the team I follow when they moved temporarily. I didn't agree with it but wanted to see the team I support play. If they were shipped out full time to Northampton I wouldn't have gone at all as they would no longer be my team.

I always said while it was temporary I would go but if it ever became permanent then I wouldn't go. I would still have a soft spot because of memories, but I wouldn't go.

Me going to watch the team I support during a temporary move meant I still got to watch my team play, the same as I do now we are back at the Ricoh. What do people gain from backing Wasps moving in full time on here? I have a feeling though to be fair that there aren't many who do back it, and the ones who are so open about it just want to stir up a bit of trouble.

I am critical of all parties, I don't go on about SISU as much because to be fair is there any need when the same thing is said over and over? However, some people on here struggle to say the council are at fault for anything at all. I didn't agree with moving us away, I didn't agree with them not just buying the Ricoh in the first place, I didn't agree with Andy Thorn. The thing is though, SISU have done loads wrong so there is plenty for people to be angry about but people on here get silly with it and start making things up, that is why I usually reply. Why not be angry about one of the things they have actually done, rather than the things made up in their heads?

The point about SISU not being on here was when Michael was offering this rental deal, I was questioning him as he was coming on here and posting about it and couldn't answer any questions (which some fans were offended by for some reason). I said why would I make a post asking SISU a question on here when they aren't on here to reply.

I could accept most of that Nick, except when it has come to SISU you have been quicker to defend them than it has took the Wasps to nest in the Ricoh under SISU's noses. I will add that I think the Pest Control Dept at the council are obviously shit also.

Last edited:

Grendel

I am on about SISU stopping the administration and paying their debts if it meant getting the higgs share cheaply. What would be hard about that?

And you just said that they own 100%. Who owns 100%?

Oh for Christs sake the CCFC ltd debt is what £50 million?

There have been 3 bids for the Higgs share apparently and if the sale of the council share included a right of veto. So let's say its gone through and wasps have the veto and lets really put a wild thought out there that wasps are one of the three bidders.

Now do you get it or do we need crayons.

Astute

Oh for Christs sake the CCFC ltd debt is what £50 million?

There have been 3 bids for the Higgs share apparently and if the sale of the council share included a right of veto. So let's say its gone through and wasps have the veto and lets really put a wild thought out there that wasps are one of the three bidders.

Now do you get it or do we need crayons.

No. Just someone without such a hatred of CCC like you have to put an unbiased point forward.

So let's say that Wasps have a right of veto? Then you use it as a fact.

The vast majority of the CCFC LTD debt is to SISU. So what is the problem with them not having to pay themselves?

Nick

Administrator
I could accept most of that Nick, except when it has come to SISU you have been quicker to defend them than it has took the Wasps to nest in the Ricoh under SISU's noses. I will add that I think the Pest Control Dept at the council are obviously shit also.

I haven't defended SISU, I have defended this place against stupidity and failure to be able to read from some people when they make things up ;) By all means be pissed off we got moved away to Northampton, but when people start posting crap like Tim Fisher is to blame for their great nan falling down the stairs and breaking her hip (extremely exaggerated example) or completely making something up then why not correct them?

J

Jack Griffin

I haven't defended SISU, I have defended this place against stupidity and failure to be able to read from some people when they make things up ;) By all means be pissed off we got moved away to Northampton, but when people start posting crap like Tim Fisher is to blame for their great nan falling down the stairs and breaking her hip (extremely exaggerated example) or completely making something up then why not correct them?

Yeah, lets leave Tim to make his own stories up.

*Joke, don't sue me, LOL

martcov

Yes, we know you think that moving teams is right but only if it is ambition (or not SISU). You also keep going on about this stadium SISU are "building", I assume you will back that if it is outside of Coventry though as owning our on ground, getting the revenue from that is showing ambition isn't it?

No. The reason being that, far from showing ambition, the P.i.T.S. stadium would be a step backwards and far from owning our own ground, we would be renting a ground from a SISU company in another town. We won't be getting any revenue from it - apart maybe from the few pies that will be sold. Wasps didn't have their own ground and now do. Good for their future. We should have the ground that was built for us in our city - even a part share in it and a share of the revenues - if we want to get anywhere. The pie in the sky stadium would condemn us to leagues 1 and 2 forever. You could then discuss League 1 football forever....

Nick

Administrator
No. The reason being that, far from showing ambition, the P.i.T.S. stadium would be a step backwards and far from owning our own ground, we would be renting a ground from a SISU company in another town. We won't be getting any revenue from it - apart maybe from the few pies that will be sold. Wasps didn't have their own ground and now do. Good for their future. We should have the ground that was built for us in our city - even a part share in it and a share of the revenues - if we want to get anywhere. The pie in the sky stadium would condemn us to leagues 1 and 2 forever. You could then discuss League 1 football forever....

Why does another town matter? It would be ambition, why do you only have an issue with other towns when it is SISU?

martcov

Why does another town matter? It would be ambition, why do you only have an issue with other towns when it is SISU?

I have an issue when it is CCFC, especially when it is not ambition, but an attempt to get back the investment from Cayman Isles investors that is driving the move.

martcov

I have.

I'm suggesting ways to show ambition.

Wasps rented their ground, it wasn't big enough, so they moved elsewhere.

We should do the same. In fact, why stop at ibrox? Why not the Maracana? Better weather there too.

good, then you know I said we should have bid for the Ricoh as Wasps have proved can be done. We don't/ didn't need to move anywhere. Different scenario to wasps.

NorthernWisdom

good, then you know I said we should have bid for the Ricoh as Wasps have proved can be done. We don't/ didn't need to move anywhere. Different scenario to wasps.

Wasps had a ground they were renting, they decided to move elsewhere.

We have a ground we are renting. We should move to the Mestella as it's bigger and it'd show ambition.

Nick

Administrator

We have a ground we are renting. We should move to the Mestella as it's bigger and it'd show ambition.

But that would be SISU so it would be wrong, however this isn't SISU so it is obviously OK.

torchomatic

Totally ignoring the fact they've been parachuted in by Ann Lucas, the person apparently against ripping a club away from its community. Wasps owners and the Council are bad guys fro doing what they've done. Yes, and so are SISU. The main difference is the council and owners of Wasps have done it permanently.

Amazing really. Wasps come along, do due diligence, research, spend time discussing things. No court cases, no threats, no lawyers, friendly tone regarding CCFC and CRFC and put in a bid, show ambition, gain sponsors and get on with the council. Naming rights up for renewal, station being built etc.. Ricoh becoming more attractive. And still some think that the council and wasps owners are the bad guys. No. Sorry to annoy some people, but our owners have missed the boat - unless they get into the deal somehow. The club was formed to achieve sporting success - not to make a quick buck for Cayman Isles investors and is about time we got back to that. We have no big money sponsors and no ambition.

Last edited:

martcov

They decided to move because they getting nowhere there and the Ricoh offered a better chance to achieve sporting success. You don't like it. Fair enough. We have a ground we are renting, but where we should belong. Built for us and for many years with an option to buy back into the management company. We have turned our nose up at that and pissed everyone off - council, Higgs, fans, taxpayers etc. etc. and are now moving to the P.i.T.S. Stadium ( official stance ). I am totally against this crap, but you turn that round to I am totally for moving Clubs backwards and forwards.

1966skyblue

Amazing really. Wasps come along, do due diligence, research, spend time discussing things. No court cases, no threats, no lawyers, friendly tone regarding CCFC and CRFC and put in a bid, show ambition, gain sponsors and get on with the council. Naming rights up for renewal, station being built etc.. Ricoh becoming more attractive. And still some think that the council and wasps owners are the bad guys. No. Sorry to annoy some people, but our owners have missed the boat - unless they get into the deal somehow. The club was formed to achieve sporting success - not to make a quick buck for Cayman Isles investors and is about time we got back to that. We have no big money sponsors and no ambition.

Fantastic post

Nick

Administrator
They decided to move because they getting nowhere there and the Ricoh offered a better chance to achieve sporting success. You don't like it. Fair enough. We have a ground we are renting, but where we should belong. Built for us and for many years with an option to buy back into the management company. We have turned our nose up at that and pissed everyone off - council, Higgs, fans, taxpayers etc. etc. and are now moving to the P.i.T.S. Stadium ( official stance ). I am totally against this crap, but you turn that round to I am totally for moving Clubs backwards and forwards.

We are getting nowhere at the Ricoh fast are we?

Why shouldn't Wasps be renting or moving where they belong? Why is it Coventry belongs in Coventry but we can ship others into Coventry.

Is that you Ann?

Grendel

No. Just someone without such a hatred of CCC like you have to put an unbiased point forward.

So let's say that Wasps have a right of veto? Then you use it as a fact.

The vast majority of the CCFC LTD debt is to SISU. So what is the problem with them not having to pay themselves?

That's why its in liquidation. Oh dear.

Users who are viewing this thread