Morgan & Hales (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Neither are touring Bangladesh will be interesting to see how they are treated in the future.

Grendel

chiefdave

Tricky situation as the security experts have given it the all clear and you'd imagine they will get the best security possible.

Flip side is if the players aren't happy and its on their mind would they perform. Biggest danger will be someone taking their place and playing well. Not sure its wise to voluntarily give up your place in the national team.

Grendel

Tricky situation as the security experts have given it the all clear and you'd imagine they will get the best security possible.

Flip side is if the players aren't happy and its on their mind would they perform. Biggest danger will be someone taking their place and playing well. Not sure its wise to voluntarily give up your place in the national team.

Morgan has form. He refused to captain a game once as he wanted to play in the IPl - oddly didn't have an issue with sub continent security then. You lead by example. It's the end for him.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Personally from what I've read I wouldn't go.

Shouldn't be held against them in the future but you fear it will.

But Morgan should be dropped because of form from the one day squad and Hales from the Test side.

Be good to see Hameed play superb first season and in the cook mold.

superskyblue

As somebody without a family I would go - especially if I knew I was likely to lose my place in the team as a result of staying at home (Hales).

However, I totally respect their decisions' not to go - I think this has to be a completely subjective issue. Who are we to judge their decision? They've been presented with the facts and have made a call based upon them. I don't think we should knock them.

Neither can, in my opinion, grumble if somebody takes their place, does well and keeps the place after the tour thought. That is the nature of international sport.

Btw, I saw shaw score, I disagree on Morgan. His form this summer has been worthy of his place as a batsman (averaging mid 40's in ODIs is exceptional). Let alone his role as captain in revolutionising our one-day side alongside Farbrace and Bayliss.

Red John

As somebody without a family I would go - especially if I knew I was likely to lose my place in the team as a result of staying at home (Hales).

However, I totally respect their decisions' not to go - I think this has to be a completely subjective issue. Who are we to judge their decision? They've been presented with the facts and have made a call based upon them. I don't think we should knock them.

Neither can, in my opinion, grumble if somebody takes their place, does well and keeps the place after the tour thought. That is the nature of international sport.

Btw, I saw shaw score, I disagree on Morgan. His form this summer has been worthy of his place as a batsman (averaging mid 40's in ODIs is exceptional). Let alone his role as captain in revolutionising our one-day side alongside Farbrace and Bayliss.
Can't argue with any of that, only caveat I would add is that Morgan may have done well recently but in the main he's been an average player and captain, lets hope whoever takes these two spots in the side take their chance and give us a nice problem going forward.

Grendel

Can't argue with any of that, only caveat I would add is that Morgan may have done well recently but in the main he's been an average player and captain, lets hope whoever takes these two spots in the side take their chance and give us a nice problem going forward.

They shouldn't be a problem he should be banned for life.

Gazolba

Neither are touring Bangladesh will be interesting to see how they are treated in the future.
If the rest of the team are assassinated in a terrorist bombing, I'd imagine they will do quite well in the future.

Grendel

He should use his Irish passport in high risk places - works well for me.

That's also why he refused to ever sing the anthem. Good riddance to a mediocre cricketer who has to be one of the most inadequate to play test cricket.

Grendel

I have never sung the anthem either.

He made a point of it. He also made a point of waving his team off to a ODI against his beloved Ireland when he decided to represent himself in India in the IPl. I don't think Morgan has a geography qualification or he values his bank balance.

Every ex England captain has condemned him. He should be told his career is over.

SBAndy

Every ex England captain has condemned him. He should be told his career is over.

Apart from KP of course, who understood that to be the best T20 nation the players had to test themselves against the best. Stokes and Hales off to the Big Bash every year. Buttler and Morgan are massive IPL players. It's not coincidence that we have improved over the last 2 years.

I think the idea of criticising Morgan for going to the IPL instead of playing in a pointless ODI v Ireland is a bit far fetched.

Grendel

Apart from KP of course, who understood that to be the best T20 nation the players had to test themselves against the best. Stokes and Hales off to the Big Bash every year. Buttler and Morgan are massive IPL players. It's not coincidence that we have improved over the last 2 years.

I think the idea of criticising Morgan for going to the IPL instead of playing in a pointless ODI v Ireland is a bit far fetched.

Then you know nothing about cricket and nothing about cricketers.

Grendel

Thanks for validating your point there, you've really opened my eyes.

Now try something constructive.

For a start you quoted Pieterson as
a captain. He was probably along with Botham and Boycott the worst captain we've had in 50 years. He didn't possess the qualities required. To be fair though I think he did tour India once when on high terror alert.

You also claim Morgan missed an ODI to go to the IPl to improve himself. No he went to improve his bank balance.

The views of real ex captains are the views I prefer. Real captains like atherton and Husain and Vaughan.

He's standing is diminished - oh and he's off to the sun continent again soon having signed another big contract in India despite quoting seeing a bomb there as one reason not to go.

He's a leader. They lead - they don't stay at home - or rather don't go when the cash seems to outweigh the concern.

stupot07

Didn't we have a tour / tournament 4-5 years ago on the subcontinent where 1-2 players pulled out due to safety concerns? It rings a bell but I can't remember which tour/tournament it was.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SBAndy

For a start you quoted Pieterson as
a captain. He was probably along with Botham and Boycott the worst captain we've had in 50 years. He didn't possess the qualities required. To be fair though I think he did tour India once when on high terror alert.

You also claim Morgan missed an ODI to go to the IPl to improve himself. No he went to improve his bank balance.

The views of real ex captains are the views I prefer. Real captains like atherton and Husain and Vaughan.

He's standing is diminished - oh and he's off to the sun continent again soon having signed another big contract in India despite quoting seeing a bomb there as one reason not to go.

He's a leader. They lead - they don't stay at home - or rather don't go when the cash seems to outweigh the concern.

Like it or not, Pietersen was captain. I don't deny that he went for the money, but if we're honest it was an absolutely pathetic excuse of an ODI, and should never have been scheduled. You can't get away from the fact he does also improve himself at the same time. It's long been a criticism that players don't go and play in other conditions, against the best players.

SkyBlueScottie

Im slightly uneasy about both players refusing not to go, especially seeing as they will both travel to India to play in the IPL.

Gazolba

I'm slightly uneasy about both players refusing not to go, especially seeing as they will both travel to India to play in the IPL.
Did they refuse not to go? I believe the travel warning was issued for Bangladesh, not India.

Users who are viewing this thread