Morning all (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Hope everyone is in good form today , my daughters off to uni on Saturday so been helping her pack and get arranged . Her mums in bits at the moment.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Yes she’s having moments of excitement and then feeling nervous . One of her friends are staying a couple of minutes away and her auntie and uncle are
a 5 minute taxi away . She’s also works at miller and carter so they have a job waiting at a Liverpool branch when she’s ready too so that’s a bit of a relief . Although she said she only wants to do 3 shifts a week . Get Saturday out of the way and we will all be fine. She’s a good kid with a sensible attitude

Sky Blue Pete

Yes she’s having moments of excitement and then feeling nervous . One of her friends are staying a couple of minutes away and her auntie and uncle are
a 5 minute taxi away . She’s also works at miller and carter so they have a job waiting at a Liverpool branch when she’s ready too so that’s a bit of a relief . Although she said she only wants to do 3 shifts a week . Get Saturday out of the way and we will all be fine. She’s a good kid with a sensible attitude
Same although mine doesn’t have a job waiting but has applied for a load. She doesn’t have any family or friends going but loved the place and I’m sure will make friends really quickly

Sky_Blue_Daz

Same although mine doesn’t have a job waiting but has applied for a load. She doesn’t have any family or friends going but loved the place and I’m sure will make friends really quickly
Where’s she off to Pete ?

Terry_dactyl

It’s a strange time when they go.

Mine was at Bristol for her first year, last year but has decide to come back home and commute from cardiff next year.
Initially I was sceptical…she’s only in 3 days a week and is going to pocket the student loan which she would’ve used on accommodation.
She works part-time as well so I guess I can’t complain…plus she makes her own decisions - not up to me anymore!

I have since read that a lot of students, as they’re only in a few days a week, book into cheap hotels for a couple of days rather than pay the full accommodation fees. Works out cheaper apparently.

Macca1987

Son did the same although it was Cov, first year he wanted to experience the life in halls, second year got a house with mates he made, then finally the penny dropped and if he moved back home he could pocket the student loan money instead and live rent free

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You won't worry so much when they've settled in. When ours was at home and went out pubs/ clubs I'd worry a bit, particularly if they were late back.
When they're at uni and away from home you simply won't know .

Users who are viewing this thread