Morning all (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Health and happiness to one and all this morning

Otis

You two too! :)

Daughter at drama for 8 hours today and then at drama again tomorrow, so a bit of peace and quiet.

What's everyone else up to for the weekend?

Sky_Blue_Daz

You two too! :)

Daughter at drama for 8 hours today and then at drama again tomorrow, so a bit of peace and quiet.

What's everyone else up to for the weekend?
Planning a run later, quiet night in with the good lady and the young un (bless her)
Father in laws 70th birthday tomorrow so family meal
Anniversary mass on Sunday for my cousin who passed away last year followed by a celebration of his life with more family
He was only 43 but suffered with a brain injury most of his adult life but he was a great match maker he got me and my wife together

Johnnythespider

Recovering from a hernia repair, got the wife running around a treat

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

oucho

Packing today (day off work) ready for moving house. Used to quite enjoy it. Not so today.

Slightly off topic but could I ask anyone on here, on a serious note, what the hell you do when you feel like you're trapped and you have got literally nobody to talk to, and you don't know what to do about it without causing hurt and letting someone down? Feel like I have a choice of going along with things as they are and likely be unhappy and unfulfilled, or make a potentially painful )for someone else) dramatic change.

Otis

Packing today (day off work) ready for moving house. Used to quite enjoy it. Not so today.

Slightly off topic but could I ask anyone on here, on a serious note, what the hell you do when you feel like you're trapped and you have got literally nobody to talk to, and you don't know what to do about it without causing hurt and letting someone down? Feel like I have a choice of going along with things as they are and likely be unhappy and unfulfilled, or make a potentially painful )for someone else) dramatic change.

What?

That all sounds a little dramatic. I'm a good listener if you want to bend my ear.

We are all family on here even though there are a few black sheep cousins knocking about. :)

lifeskyblue

Depends who you are letting down, how long you have felt trapped and how unhappy you are. If you cannot talk to the individual concerned then try a professional councillor (either through work, the nhs or private).
Has the other person not picked up how miserable you are feeling? If you are so unhappy to long term you will make them unhappy too.
Good luck and hope you find happiness and fulfilment along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oucho

She keeps asking me why I'm looking cross and acting grumpy. We're signing a 12 month lease on a new flat today, and have made up my mind to go with it, hope for the best, and see what happens. But am feeling like I'm leading her up the garden path. Think we have very different futures in mind (mine is essentially being single!)...

jimmyhillsfanclub

When I faced such a dilemma, I went on a massive bender......out & about all over the shop for about a month, including a few cracking old skool nights with the lady in question at the time.....
Long story short......that was about 17 years ago.....we're still together now, married, happier & stronger than ever....we've been through some horrible shit together, but we've built ourselves (in our most humblest) a great little life.

Tune that helped back then

Otis

She keeps asking me why I'm looking cross and acting grumpy. We're signing a 12 month lease on a new flat today, and have made up my mind to go with it, hope for the best, and see what happens. But am feeling like I'm leading her up the garden path. Think we have very different futures in mind (mine is essentially being single!)...
Yes, talk to her.

Be entirely wrong I think to go into a new venture together as a couple if you would rather just be single.

Are you worried that if you have the talk now you will end up being single a lot sooner than you imagined?

Or is she understanding and happy to talk things through.

The Reverend Skyblue

If no children are involved you must follow your gut feeling and stick with it, that's my opinion.
Having children complicates terribly the feeling of being unhappy in a relationship, so make the move now if you don't have kids, you will regret wasting your time and more importantly hers

Gazolba

Health and happiness to one and all this morning
It's my daughter's birthday tomorrow (25) but she will be working so we are going out to dinner tonight and picking up her sister (20) who lives with my ex.
I'll be taking along a little bag of presents, nothing extravagant since I gave up on extravagance years ago. Just a few things she mentioned she needed over the past few weeks.
SANY3143-resized.jpg

vow

It's my daughter's birthday tomorrow (25) but she will be working so we are going out to dinner tonight and picking up her sister (20) who lives with my ex.
I'll be taking along a little bag of presents, nothing extravagant since I gave up on extravagance years ago. Just a few things she mentioned she needed over the past few weeks.
View attachment 5587
Is that 50's diner the one next to the Assembly rooms in Leam, Gaz? (Or it used to be there).

The Reverend Skyblue

View attachment 5587
They do grow up so quick, my son is now 24 and my daughter is 20 which is very scary , they still act like a spoilt brat once in a while,especially my girl but I think I've brought up two very decent and unselfish human beings.
Been hard work but by next year they both would have flown the nest leaving just me with the Mrs which is even scarier.
I also agree with your stance on extravagant presents, they have got all they want already so a few knick knacks on birthdays is plenty.
Hope she enjoys her birthday Gazolba

lifeskyblue

They do indeed grow up so quickly. Our 30yr old and husband (& our grandchild) just arrived. Both 26 yr olds already here. 21 Ye old staying with mates tonight. Son 13yrs here of course. I call it perfect weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oucho

Are you worried that if you have the talk now you will end up being single a lot sooner than you imagined? Or is she understanding and happy to talk things through.

This. Bit of a problem as any uncertainty is going to cause unpleasantness - we live under the same roof and have got no alternative financially.

Users who are viewing this thread