Most irritating things during the pandemic (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Facebook wankers shaming people for being out. We all need to be sensible but people still need to go outside for physical and mental wellbeing.

People who commando roll out the way and huff and puff because you happen to be walking on the same path as them.

I’m trying to keep myself and my family safe but I also don’t want my kid growing up in fear. He needs to have a walk and a bike ride everyday and not sit on an iPad or in front of a tv 24/7. I’m really worried the effect of this isolation on kids.

It’s a month. Loads of kids play Xbox for six weeks every year at summer. A month indoors isn’t going to kill anyone.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Of course it is boring and after this I would like to think I would never take something like Maidenhead at home in the cup for granted, but I echo some points on here. When things go back to normal it is going to be weird. I'm very social but do question if they'll be a genuine struggle to integrate normally again.

The only thing that really pisses me off is people in the supermarket. I hate it when people are just in their own world and obviously blocking aisles etc. You would think at this time, with the only place you are allowed to be, that people might switch on a bit more. Apparently not.

There was a dude in Lidl today with all the gear on fiddling with the avocados. He put about the 5th one he touched into the basket. Typical fuck everyone else attitude. I bet he was hoarding toilet paper previously.

eastwoodsdustman

Of course it is boring and after this I would like to think I would never take something like Maidenhead at home in the cup for granted, but I echo some points on here. When things go back to normal it is going to be weird. I'm very social but do question if they'll be a genuine struggle to integrate normally again.

The only thing that really pisses me off is people in the supermarket. I hate it when people are just in their own world and obviously blocking aisles etc. You would think at this time, with the only place you are allowed to be, that people might switch on a bit more. Apparently not.

There was a dude in Lidl today with all the gear on fiddling with the avocados. He put about the 5th one he touched into the basket. Typical fuck everyone else attitude. I bet he was hoarding toilet paper previously.
Lidl in Binley is the worst for it all. People shopping there don’t give a flying fuck about social distancing and the like. It’s a hotbed for covid transmission. I’ve stopped my missus going there it’s that bad.

Covkid1968#

Probably get shouted down... but fecking zoom gatherings with other couples or fecking quiz nights. NO feck off... I’m not sitting in front of a screen talking small talk shite. Find me sitting in the garden with my Heineken when you are done.
Had my mate face time me... I said what do you want you clown... why have you FaceTimed me for a chat...... never in our lives has he ever felt the need to.... all of a sudden he’s at is aswell!!!! Pfffffffffffffffffff sorry rant over. Not talking about families either

Nick

Administrator
Probably get shouted down... but fecking zoom gatherings with other couples or fecking quiz nights. NO feck off... I’m not sitting in front of a screen talking small talk shite. Find me sitting in the garden with my Heineken when you are done.
Had my mate face time me... I said what do you want you clown... why have you FaceTimed me for a chat...... never in our lives has he ever felt the need to.... all of a sudden he’s at is aswell!!!! Pfffffffffffffffffff sorry rant over. Not talking about families either
I'm the same with my mates we have a group chat on what's app but none of that video call nonsense.

Gazolba

The most irritating thing is all the webinars they are making us watch at work on 'being productive while working from home', or 'Mental health and social distancing' or 'getting the most from virtual meetings'.
I've been working from home for about 10 years, so why do I need all this trite information?

Last edited:

chiefdave

The most irritating thing is all the webinars they are making us watch at work on 'being productive while working from home', or 'Mental health and social distancing' or 'getting the most from virtual meetings'.
I've been working from home for about 10 years, so why to I need all this trite information?
I've worked on my own (the rest of my company is based elsewhere) for 4 years now but because other people are having to do the same its now an issue. Makes me laugh when people start complaining the job is so much harder when they can't just shout across the office to someone to find out what they did the last time a problem occurred.

And the constant meetings are ridiculous. I could go months at a time without having a meeting - would just get on with my job. Now, even though I'm supposed to be furloughed, there's multiple meetings a week.

Astute

It’s a month. Loads of kids play Xbox for six weeks every year at summer. A month indoors isn’t going to kill anyone.
I agree. That is as long as they have a garden for a bit of fresh air.

My younger kids haven't been able to go anywhere for 6 weeks. Last week the wife offered to take them for a walk as you can if you sort out the paperwork and stay within 1km of where you live. They all said no thanks as that is what the garden is for.

Astute

I'm the same with my mates we have a group chat on what's app but none of that video call nonsense.
WhatsApp has been great. My youngest granddaughter is 1 today. Without it I would have missed her first steps. Have been able to watch her 4 year old brother starting to play with her. And use it to keep in full contact with wife and younger kids.

Great tool if used correctly.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I've worked on my own (the rest of my company is based elsewhere) for 4 years now but because other people are having to do the same its now an issue. Makes me laugh when people start complaining the job is so much harder when they can't just shout across the office to someone to find out what they did the last time a problem occurred.

And the constant meetings are ridiculous. I could go months at a time without having a meeting - would just get on with my job. Now, even though I'm supposed to be furloughed, there's multiple meetings a week.
How do you mean "supposed to be furloughed", Chief? If you are furloughed, your employer is not entitled to ask you to do any work. At all. Sounds like they're trying to claim the government furlough money while still getting you to work for them. Tell them to stick it, or employ you!

chiefdave

How do you mean "supposed to be furloughed", Chief? If you are furloughed, your employer is not entitled to ask you to do any work. At all. Sounds like they're trying to claim the government furlough money while still getting you to work for them. Tell them to stick it, or employ you!
I'm furloughed but have to attend meetings (via zoom not in person). When it was raised that if we're furloughed we shouldn't be in meetings the repose was 'we've spoken to a professional, they know more than you from googling'.

OffenhamSkyBlue

"In line with the scheme rules, a member of staff on furlough leave is not permitted to undertake any work for [employer redacted] during the period of leave. However, it is possible for training to be undertaken and may be a good opportunity for on-going personal development. Please discuss with your line manager what training can be completed and how to access both mandatory training and personal development opportunities at this time.

In addition, staff who are on furlough leave are encouraged to undertake voluntary work where feasible"

I'm fairly sure that one of the largest employers in Coventry and Warwickshire, with a humungous HR department, know what's what. But don't get into a fight with yours!

Nick

Administrator
Thats a double edged sword. If HMRC do anything and stop paying them then you've whistleblown yourself out of a job!
Sounds very dodgy. Is it a big company? It support?

If you are furloughed you shouldn't be doing anything at all work wise. They can't make you do anything unless they take you off it.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Other option is to sit on it for now but if you move to another job you could anonymously tip off the authorities.

Terry Gibson's perm

I got a bit grumpy at work when somebody had a haircut he said the barber has closed and taken the money and is now going round to peoples houses instead and charging cash, they said it’s ok because all the equipment gets cleaned.

chiefdave

VE Day. Obviously not the day itself but we've had days of 'hope everyone is getting ready for a street party' on the local Facebook group followed by loads of idiots spending today ignoring social distancing to drink beer on each other drives.

Now the Facebook page is full off 'so proud' posts. Proud of what? You haven't fought in the war you've drunk a few beers. And of course people who didn't join in are now being called out.

covmark

VE Day. Obviously not the day itself but we've had days of 'hope everyone is getting ready for a street party' on the local Facebook group followed by loads of idiots spending today ignoring social distancing to drink beer on each other drives.

Now the Facebook page is full off 'so proud' posts. Proud of what? You haven't fought in the war you've drunk a few beers. And of course people who didn't join in are now being called out.
Yeah I've heard nothing but Land of Hope and Glory, Jerusalem and the fucking national anthem all night from up the road. So I cranked up my Ministry of Sound 25th birthday live stream to drown that shit out. I'll celebrate my own way thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sbarcher

Can’t wait until September 2 when we have the next one when WW2 ended!

OffenhamSkyBlue

In similar vein, people who appoint themselves as Master of Ceremonies!
Every Thursday since "the clap" started (has anything thought of an exit strategy for that, by the way??) some twat on an estate about 1/4 mile away from us has decided to get his PA system out and start playing music. This week it went on a fucking hour.
Then yesterday, me and the missus went for a bike ride locally, passing through 5 villages, in which there were loads of people just sitting quietly on their drives or in their front gardens, chatting to a few of the neighbours. Some were quietly playing tunes from the forties, and it was really quite endearing - and they all waved or shouted out to us as we passed.
The ONLY place we heard loud amplified music and "entertainment" was this twat down the road from us, and he went on until 7 o'clock.
You say a word against him on the village Facebook site, and all his mates come rushing to his defence saying i should be "tolerant".
Well frankly, they can all do one as well. I didn't invite this noise into my garden, and i suspect there are a good many others who felt the same.
People should be free (especially at this time) to enjoy their garden how they see fit, and for me, that is peace and tranquility, and the sound of humans enjoying themselves in the gardens that back onto ours.
The fairground ride this bastard seemingly normally works on is presumably not operating currently.

Grrrr!

Terry Gibson's perm

We had a bit of a get together on your own garden keeping distance etc, as we are both past the transmission stage we went and sat on our garden and some people went in. Unfortunately too many people are listening to people like Piers Morgan, we have taken our advice from the director of nursing at my wife’s hospital and my wife has a little idea of what is going on as she works on Covid.

Users who are viewing this thread