MOTD - from the archives (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Thanks to Deano.

NortonSkyBlue

Thank you so much! My first match was just months after this game and I remember every single thing about it, going on the bus from Henley green, walking up to the top of swan lane by the crows nest, going in the turnstile with my milk crate and being taken to the front of the kop and my dad pulling out a sky blue rosette for me to wear. I wouldn't swap those days with anybody for anything as Ithey meant so much to this young boy.

MTK

Thanks for posting this. I grew up in Mowbray Street, just behind the old Main Stand. I would have been home that day as a toddler probably watching through the front window as the crowds walked past outside. When I was older I would watch the crowd in the West Stand from the corner of the road, knowing City had scored when they all jumped up. When away fans were in the part of the Kop at the Swan Lane end, you could tell who had scored from the back garden by following the noise.

It was occasionally scary growing up there, a few broken windows and the Main Stand fire stand out, but it was mostly a blessing. It was exciting. You could meet the players and get both team's autographs by waiting outside the players entrance at the top of Kind Richard Street. On freezing cold days I could be home from the game and back in the warm in under a minute. Most of all it gave me a love of football, the Sky Blues and the community of fellow City fans that's been with me all my life. Other things and people have come and gone but that has always been there. So it was lovely to watch this and be transported back to all that.

Bantam48

Bill Glazier - now there WAS a goalkeeper! Only one there I don't recall was Lowes?

blueflint

good team would all be too good for our present mob I was there that day good crowd great atmosphere

Users who are viewing this thread