MOTM? (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Paxman II

Everyone was brilliant today. But a few stood out. Thomas, Kitching, Simms, Palmer first half, but Bidwell was everywhere today & that trusted left foot was on point today. Immense performance.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Ive long stood up for VAR. Taking five minutes to decide a goal today changed my mind. Fuck it.

agreed - like I said it changed the momentum of the game for a while afterwards, and if the decision on field was a goal why take five minutes to try and rule it out? surely look and say we’ve got no conclusive angle, goal given - thirty seconds work while Simms was celebrating and nobody would’ve even noticed

that and then also missing the blatant Semedo kung fu kick to O’hare’s face, surely shows it’s not fit for purpose

shmmeee

agreed - like I said it changed the momentum of the game for a while afterwards, and if the decision on field was a goal why take five minutes to try and rule it out? surely look and say we’ve got no conclusive angle, goal given - thirty seconds work while Simms was celebrating and nobody would’ve even noticed

that and then also missing the blatant Semedo kung fu kick to O’hare’s face, surely shows it’s not fit for purpose

Exactly. The whole point is supposed to be to fix obvious errors. If you haven’t got the angles and the ref has given it then like you say taking more than a few seconds means it wasn’t an obvious error.

dadgad

Simms; or Thomas, or Bidders, or Sheaf….
Magnificent team, but for his match winning contribution; Simms! 👏👏👏

suffolkskyblue24

There were some mistakes but we were playing a PL team battling for a European slot so that is inevitable - the only one that hurt us was Lati's thigh clearance in the box.

Everyone played their hearts out , no man of the match for me, just a team of the match. #PUSB Awesome

Calista

Also some outstanding tinkering from the tinkerer to go back to 4231 with MvE further forward.
Yeah we surely have to play this way, even if it does mean one or two square pegs in round holes. I've never known a team look so radically better in one formation than another.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Every city player was outstanding. I thought Simms was brilliant at holding the ball up and laying it off.
We matched and probably outplayed a premier league team on the fringes of looking at a top 6 finish. That's how good we were.

MalcSB

Exactly. The whole point is supposed to be to fix obvious errors. If you haven’t got the angles and the ref has given it then like you say taking more than a few seconds means it wasn’t an obvious error.
Tye commentary said that in a goal scoring potential handball situation, it isn’t a case of looking for a clear and obvious error, it’s an absolute judgement - Was it hand ball or not? Hence taking a ridiculous length of time.

The missed boot in O’Hare‘s face is damning and unforgivable.

shmmeee

Tye commentary said that in a goal scoring potential handball situation, it isn’t a case of looking for a clear and obvious error, it’s an absolute judgement - Was it hand ball or not? Hence taking a ridiculous length of time.

The missed boot in O’Hare‘s face is damning and unforgivable.

Then it shouldn’t be IMO. Any decision that takes longer than 10-15 seconds to decide on replay should be left to stand as the ref on the field decides.

Users who are viewing this thread