MOTM? (1 Viewer)

Hertsccfc

Yeah, Palmer was brilliant yesterday, as he has been in every FA Cup game this season, unfortunately we rarely get that anywhere near that level of performance from him in the league.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
I recall you said Sheaf and Eccles were going to get overrun in midfield. Do you agree they were both amazing too and actually they are a great midfield pairing?

Evo1883

Wright looked like he could play Prem no problem.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I found that (in a weird way ) our players had more time in certain areas due to wolves players not diving in or challenging rash (Probably due to being able to read the game better ) and that helped a couple of our players really flourish .

Wright looked every bit premier league and so did sheaf .. hard to gauge off 1 game

Hertsccfc

I found that (in a weird way ) our players had more time in certain areas due to wolves players not diving in or challenging rash (Probably due to being able to read the game better ) and that helped a couple of our players really flourish .

Wright looked every bit premier league and so did sheaf .. hard to gauge off 1 game
As you say it’s one game but based on how we performed against a top half Premier League team virtually all of them looked like they could play at that level.

stupot07

I recall you said Sheaf and Eccles were going to get overrun in midfield. Do you agree they were both amazing too and actually they are a great midfield pairing?
I never said they weren't a great midfield pairing, I've only ever said that Sheaf is a better player. Tbf my worry was because I thought we were going to play 352, with Palmer in the 10, the wingbacks getting pinned back into a 5 then Sheaf and Eccles having too much ground to cover. Going to the 433 was a genius move as wright and move dropped back, Palmer was more of a second striker than a number 10 out of possession, meaning we were 4411 without the ball, so rather than getting pinned into a 5212, which has often been the case when we've played that system against good teams, we were a nice solid 4411.

Hertsccfc

I never said they weren't a great midfield pairing, I've only ever said that Sheaf is a better player. Tbf my worry was because I thought we were going to play 352, with Palmer in the 10, the wingbacks getting pinned back into a 5 then Sheaf and Eccles having too much ground to cover. Going to the 433 was a genius move as wright and move dropped back, Palmer was more of a second striker than a number 10 out of possession, meaning we were 4411 without the ball, so rather than getting pinned into a 5212, which has often been the case when we've played that system against good teams, we were a nice solid 4411.

Fair points. It was a real tactical masterclass by Robins. Not sure anyone saw that coming.

fatso

As you say it’s one game but based on how we performed against a top half Premier League team virtually all of them looked like they could play at that level.
Wait till the semis.
Judge the players after Wembley.

To a man they were excellent yesterday, but a good Premier team that isn't riddled with injuries will present a far tougher challenge.

I don't expect us to reach the final, but to go head to head with one of the big boys will give us a measure of where we need to get to should we get promoted.

shmmeee

Wait till the semis.
Judge the players after Wembley.

To a man they were excellent yesterday, but a good Premier team that isn't riddled with injuries will present a far tougher challenge.

I don't expect us to reach the final, but to go head to head with one of the big boys will give us a measure of where we need to get to should we get promoted.

I’m not sure a game against Liverpool or Man City would tell us anything at all TBH.

covcity4life

Yeah, Palmer was brilliant yesterday, as he has been in every FA Cup game this season, unfortunately we rarely get that anywhere near that level of performance from him in the league.

Lol so it's gone from he only does it Vs shit teams to he only does it Vs good teams in cup

Your a joke sometimes

Users who are viewing this thread