Moving the away fans (1 Viewer)

LloydyCCFC

On the Coventry City fb page they suggested getting home fans behind both goals?? In my opinion we should move them over to blocks 15 16, and all of us should move to the south stand. If we could get 6k or so bouncing in the south stand the atmosphere would be much better than the 1000 or so willing fans in singers corner. First post :)

SkyBlue_Am

Good first post, yeah i agree having fans behind both goals would make it a better atmosphere, This was brought up before and think I remember someone did some research and said having home fans behind both goals is worth like 7-10 extra goals a season.....

gouldberg

They did have home fans behind both goals a few seasons ago (I sat in Block 10 or 11 for about half a season, can't remember which) but because of security problems and trouble etc etc they had to move us out of there. At the time they had Blocks 12, 11 and I think some of 10 open for home fans, then had a segregation net thing with away fans in blocks 6, 7, 8 and I think some of 9. It didn't work because we were all coming out near each other and it caused some issues.

With regards to putting them into 15 and 16, that would mean our fans could no longer go under the scoreboard (you would HAVE to shut off at least block 14 for security, as well as 17, which would upset a few of the season ticket holders in 17) and I could potentially see even more trouble with fans in there than when it was how it was a few years ago.

Because the Ricoh is an all purpose arena, there is no segregation wall like Highfield Road had, so security is not as good and we can't have it our way with regards to where the fans sit. It's not viable putting them in other areas. 33/34 can't happen because it boxes them into the back corner of the arena, and last time we split the south stand we were kicked out in the end after security problems and it was all a big farce. They changed the blocks from anyone being able to sit there to just season ticket holders, then season ticket holders were told to find other seats for certain games and then we were kicked out for good. It just not worth the hassle.

With no proper segregation it can't be any other way because of health and safety blah blah blah. It annoys me but I suppose we just have to live with it. Plus, at the moment, the scoreboard is one of our noisiest areas.

LloydyCCFC

They did have home fans behind both goals a few seasons ago (I sat in Block 10 or 11 for about half a season, can't remember which) but because of security problems and trouble etc etc they had to move us out of there. At the time they had Blocks 12, 11 and I think some of 10 open for home fans, then had a segregation net thing with away fans in blocks 6, 7, 8 and I think some of 9. It didn't work because we were all coming out near each other and it caused some issues.

With regards to putting them into 15 and 16, that would mean our fans could no longer go under the scoreboard (you would HAVE to shut off at least block 14 for security, as well as 17, which would upset a few of the season ticket holders in 17) and I could potentially see even more trouble with fans in there than when it was how it was a few years ago.

Because the Ricoh is an all purpose arena, there is no segregation wall like Highfield Road had, so security is not as good and we can't have it our way with regards to where the fans sit. It's not viable putting them in other areas. 33/34 can't happen because it boxes them into the back corner of the arena, and last time we split the south stand we were kicked out in the end after security problems and it was all a big farce. They changed the blocks from anyone being able to sit there to just season ticket holders, then season ticket holders were told to find other seats for certain games and then we were kicked out for good. It just not worth the hassle.

With no proper segregation it can't be any other way because of health and safety blah blah blah. It annoys me but I suppose we just have to live with it. Plus, at the moment, the scoreboard is one of our noisiest areas.
Yeah the scoreboard is one of our noisiest areas but you can only fit around 1500 fans in there. I just thought if we actually have 6/7 thousand noisy fans behind the goal next to the away fans would be a good place to have us. It would make the atmosphere better but point taken about the security a suppose that would be annoying, but it would be better for banter.

Walking Bird

Move the away fans closer to block 15 if you want & leave us alone.
I like being in block 15 under the scoreboard...

Jimthor

Move the away fans closer to block 15 if you want & leave us alone.
I like being in block 15 under the scoreboard...

I agree with this. I think it'd make for a much better atmosphere if the away fans sat adjacent to the block 15 fans. Which in turn might bring more people to the matches! I suggested it to Brody on twitter- he said it'd been brought up before but that he'd bring it up again. I suspect nothing'll change though.

Dan Griffin

I agree with this. I think it'd make for a much better atmosphere if the away fans sat adjacent to the block 15 fans. Which in turn might bring more people to the matches! I suggested it to Brody on twitter- he said it'd been brought up before but that he'd bring it up again. I suspect nothing'll change though.

whats brodys twitter?:)

Jimthor

whats brodys twitter?:)

@lbrody

Despite early doubts, i actually really like having him on there, and i think he does a great job of conversing with fans. He does reply a fair amount of the time, and says he'll raise issues in the boardroom etc. Not many clubs have a link like that! My most recent tweets to him have been trying to emphasise how important it is for us to keep Marlon! Ha.

Walking Bird

Got a couple of reply from brody. Doubt away fans will move closer to block 15 as police would never allow it.

Jimthor

I don't get why tho? You get home and away fans next to each other at near enough every other stadium in the country!

Walking Bird

Totally agree, but at Cov you get lines of stewards from top to bottom either side of block 15!!
Premier league clubs have a railing or 1 line of stewards, totally OTT :slap:

LloydyCCFC

I reckon if everyone gets committed and tries to get their season ticket under the scoreboard they might re open blocks 13 and 14 that would be a bit better???

Users who are viewing this thread